Barca draws Man City

beachball

This is my first post and you are wrong about the City fans. I have spoken with many City fans since the draw yesterday and I can tell you that they are delighted about playing such a great team and have nothing but the greatest respect for what Barca have achieved in recent years. They are also excited about going up against some of the best players on the planet. What makes this tie so mouth watering is that City now also have some wonderful football players and, like Barcelona, are playing some brilliant attacking football from the likes of Silva, Nasri, Aguero, Yaya and Fernandinho.

I hope it is a great game of football and may the best team win.

ceefoo

FC Barcelona vs City by Jan Molby

EuroSport "Expert" Jan Molby has given is take on the R16 matchup .... Here are some interesting quotes:

"United (Manchester) won the Premier League last year, but we all saw the cracks. They have appeared more and more this year. I think Barca are the same."

"They are still doing okay in their own league, but they keep going to war with the same players. Over the years, it has been the same personnel. They haven't really moved on."

"I think City will have too much pace and power for Barcelona. Bayern did much the same to Barca last year. I think City can come up with the same sort of performance against them."

"Arsenal scored three goals against them at the weekend, but if you can attack like they can, defence isn't too important. Manuel Pellegrini is doing his job in getting the best out of City going forward."

"Barca will have plenty of possession, but City can punish them when they get on the ball."

"At £45 million, I'm not convinced Neymar is worth the money. I see the talent, but I will be surprised if he can influence a match against a side as good as Manchester City. They bought him to influence big games, but I'm not sure he is at that level."
:amazed:

And my favourite - "Barca also don't have the Lionel Messi of two years ago. I'm not suggesting he can't reach that level again, but he is not at the moment." The same Messi that scored in 21 consecutive league games last season and is joint 3rd top scorer in CL even though he has been injured throughout most of 2013. Oh! and did I mention that he is current "World Footballer of the Year". Yes! THAT Messi. :shutup:

Read full article here: http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs...rsenal-face-mission-impossible-141123650.html

F

Flavia

@barcastuff 3 h
Neymar, Alexis, Montoya and Puyol predicted Barcelona would face City in the CL. They won the sweepstake organized by Pique. [sport md]

:tata1:

Egert

Estonian Culé
All of them think out there that City will win this one but we will win this. Barca will blow them up!

Corruption

EuroSport "Expert" Jan Molby has given is take on the R16 matchup .... Here are some interesting quotes:

"United (Manchester) won the Premier League last year, but we all saw the cracks. They have appeared more and more this year. I think Barca are the same."

"They are still doing okay in their own league, but they keep going to war with the same players. Over the years, it has been the same personnel. They haven't really moved on."

"I think City will have too much pace and power for Barcelona. Bayern did much the same to Barca last year. I think City can come up with the same sort of performance against them."

"Arsenal scored three goals against them at the weekend, but if you can attack like they can, defence isn't too important. Manuel Pellegrini is doing his job in getting the best out of City going forward."

"Barca will have plenty of possession, but City can punish them when they get on the ball."

"At £45 million, I'm not convinced Neymar is worth the money. I see the talent, but I will be surprised if he can influence a match against a side as good as Manchester City. They bought him to influence big games, but I'm not sure he is at that level."

And my favourite - "Barca also don't have the Lionel Messi of two years ago. I'm not suggesting he can't reach that level again, but he is not at the moment." The same Messi that scored in 21 consecutive league games last season and is joint 3rd top scorer in CL even though he has been injured throughout most of 2013. Oh! and did I mention that he is current "World Footballer of the Year". Yes! THAT Messi. :shutup:

Read full article here: http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs...rsenal-face-mission-impossible-141123650.html

2mhufdx.png

suckabov

Lemon curry?

If there is something like a crecendo in stupidity, this is it. Starts stupid and ends ridiculously stupid.

Ron Weasley

No offense but your not Bayern.

No offense taken ;-)

I was merely replying to Zeni, who posted the City vs Bayern clip, showing us getting hammered.

To which my reply was that you guys didn't get on that great against Bayern either! I thought it was a fair comment to be honest.

The fact is both our sides had their reasons why Bayern thrashed us. I think Bayern are at a level ahead of both of us right now, but I do think we'd both give them a much more competitive game next time around.

I think one of our teams will be playing Bayern again later in the competition - I hope so!

Last edited:

Ron Weasley

Much is being made of City's away form being suspect, but that is in the domestic league against so-called lesser teams.

In the bigger games City have done okay away from home especially in the CL, winning 3-0 in Plzen, 2-1 in Moscow, and 3-2 in Munich. Actually better results than at home, where they won 2 and lost 1.

At home City have scored an average of 4.17 goals per game over 12 games in all competitions this season.

Away City have scored an average of 1.83 goals per game over 12 games in all competitions, failing to score on only two occasions.

If the games against Barcelona go to City's average scoring form City will score 6 goals over the two legs.

Of course, City haven't faced teams of Barcelona's quality in all of those 24 games so will not expect to score 6 times.

This is merely to illustrate City's firepower home and away so far. Also, much is said of the impact of the Aguero and Negredo partnership, and yes this has been superb. However, in City's high scoring games goals have come from everywhere. For instance the 6 goals against Arsenal were from 6 different scorers. Same in the 7-0 win over Norwich, and 5 different scorers in the 6-0 win over Tottenham.

4 of the 6 goals against Arsenal came after Aguero had left the pitch injured.

What this illustrates is City are not overly dependent on any single player, and this makes it hard stop them scoring.

Barcelona will have to be at the top of their game to out-score City. I think that's what this will come down to. A heavyweight punching contest. The aggregate score of both teams could well be into double figures.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

I agree with all of that. It is over three years since we failed to score at home in the league.

Ron Weasley

We scored 3 at Bayern with 1 up front for most of the game. And a more defensive midfield, with no Yaya.

Last edited:

Ghost

This is my first post and you are wrong about the City fans. I have spoken with many City fans since the draw yesterday and I can tell you that they are delighted about playing such a great team and have nothing but the greatest respect for what Barca have achieved in recent years. They are also excited about going up against some of the best players on the planet. What makes this tie so mouth watering is that City now also have some wonderful football players and, like Barcelona, are playing some brilliant attacking football from the likes of Silva, Nasri, Aguero, Yaya and Fernandinho.

I hope it is a great game of football and may the best team win.
You're right. I've been reading your forum and there is no sign of arrogance save for 2-3 posts. You're actually giving us way too much respect..

JamDav1982

They are now saying Aguero could be out for eight weeks.

He would struggle to be in top form for the Barca games if it goes that long.

Home of Barca Fans