Barca draws Man City

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Zabaleta is a liability defensively and regardless of who is out there wide left, be it Neymar, Tello or Pedro the advantage will always favor Barcelona...On top of which, the Argentine loses his cool and faced with Neymar, it's a big advantage

dakeb_MCFC

Zabaleta is a liability defensively and regardless of who is out there wide left, be it Neymar, Tello or Pedro the advantage will always favor Barcelona...On top of which, the Argentine loses his cool and faced with Neymar, it's a big advantage

Zabaleta is probably the best right back in the world right now.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Zabaleta is probably the best right back in the world right now.

All I can say is that you've seen little of the player prior to his arrival at City on top of massively underrating RBs, the world over

Of course, he's been a great fit for City - just not the outstanding RB you believe him to be

Last edited:

aaron101

I think the 2 goals we scored against Madrid in Clasico all came from counter-attacks. So as there goal.

dakeb_MCFC

All I can say is that you've seen little of the player prior to his arrival at City on top of massively underrating RBs, the world over

Of course, he's been a great fit for City - just not the outstanding RB you believe him to be

Forget before he came to City, he has since developed into a world class right back. You will see first hand soon.

Ron Weasley

Guys, keep watching the City vs Crystal Palace video and be complacent. You will beat us easily. Maybe get a 0-0 at worst. Please don't take us seriously. I hope that's what you do :)

More seriously, there is NO WAY on planet earth you are coming away from the Etihad with a clean sheet, it is just not happening. We have not failed to score at home in the league since November 13th 2010. In all competitions, we have only failed to score once and that was playing our reserve side in the Carling Cup.

In our 7-0 thrashing of Norwich a few weeks ago, we have 7 different players on the score sheet. Goals come from everywhere - defenders, midfield, wingers, strikers. Joe Hart is due a goal ;-)

I cannot wait for this tie - it is going to be an incredible spectacle. I think you will go through (genuinely, I do) but I think we will give you a really good contest.

By the way, seasons greetings from Manchester!

zanela

I normally agree with your input, but can't conform to the above. As an Albiceleste fan, I've followed his progress for both country and club. And whilst he isn't spectacular or superlative in any particular aspect of his game (I'd take Alves over him 10/10 times), he's developed in to a fine player. He's hardworking, and equally contributes on both sides of the pitch, though I rate his defensive game better. Initially he was reckless with his challenges, but has improved on that aspect, along with his positional awareness. Zab vs Neymar could be a potential battle. Not very confident with the other 2 in question. Tello, however, could outpace him, but on a 1-1 scenario I doubt he'll trouble him much.

More seriously, there is NO WAY on planet earth you are coming away from the Etihad with a clean sheet, it is just not happening. We have not failed to score at home in the league since November 13th 2010. In all competitions, we have only failed to score once and that was playing our reserve side in the Carling Cup.

I think Barca 'll concede, but 'll also get on the scoresheet at the Etihad.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I normally agree with your input, but can't conform to the above. As an Albiceleste fan, I've followed his progress for both country and club. And whilst he isn't spectacular or superlative in any particular aspect of his game (I'd take Alves over him 10/10 times), he's developed in to a fine player. He's hardworking, and equally contributes on both sides of the pitch, though I rate his defensive game better. Initially he was reckless with his challenges, but has improved on that aspect, along with his positional awareness. Zab vs Neymar could be a potential battle. Not very confident with the other 2 in question. Tello, however, could outpace him, but on a 1-1 scenario I doubt he'll trouble him much.

You should remember, zanela, that I didn't rubbish the player...I simply pointed out that between Neymar, Tello & Pedro the advantage favors Barcelona, IMO...Neymar has yet to be nullified by anyone defender, Pedro is in incredible form and is renowned for being such a tireless worker that he exhausts his marker and Tello has pace that few can match...Probably in another thread I also pointed out that I found Zabaleta to be a key member of the squad...But like Dani, he's better going forward than defending and he will be pinned back against Barcelona...We'll only occasionally see him in attack as venturing too far forward would see him easily exposed by our wide players

The Observer

It just struck me how similar City are to last season's Bayern team. 2 physical powerhouses in the middle of the pitch with Yaya and Fernandinho, great thread on set pieces, fast counterattacks, different goalscorers all over the pitch. Big difference is that they aren't as disciplined and hardworking which results in defensive frailness. They concede too many chances (and Joe Hart sucks). But they could easily change that for the odd big game. Against Barca everyone is always motivated. Dangerous team. Very much looking forward to this. If Barca beat them and beat them convincingly it will give the team a huge boost for the rest of the season as there aren't much more dangerous teams out there right now. I don't think this current Real Madrid side are much better for example if at all.

Home of Barca Fans