Barca draws Man City

T

transition

Man City score on average 3 or 4 goals per game. They score for fun even if they are playing very poorly. It's going to take world class defenders to stop the likes of Aguero, Negredo and Navas.

T

transition

:tata1: They can't win the game against BBR. How they will win us 4_1 ???

Man City tend to not play very well against lowly teams. This is very well documented. It's a mentality problem.

It's against the big team that City players actually show up.

T

transition

They won't play 2 up top against us, they didn't against Chelsea or Liverpool, they did it against Bayern and got dominated in midfield. Their fullbacks push forward against other teams but they haven't faced a team with the quality of Neymar and Alexis on the wings which will drive them back. Saying they keep possession well is redundant lots of teams keep possession well until they come up against the tiki-taka :pep:

But yes they are a great team, but if we play our best we will come out on top over the two legs.

Like I said, Barcelona will be allowed to keep the ball because there's not many ball winners in the Man City side. But once Barcelona loses the possesion, City will break very quickly and swiftly. Can the Barcelona defence handle the pace of Navas and Aguero ? The power and skills of Negredo ? The trickery of David Silva ? I doubt it.

Last edited:

Trickykid

I swear, so many people are severely underestimating this team. I'm going to go out on a limb here, and guess that many of the diehard pessimists are bandwagoners who have only started supporting the club during Pep's era. They were so used to Barca being some all-powerful steamrolling machine of death and destruction, and now that we're suddenly vulnerable and human again, they just can't accept it. So, it's either us being the OMG bestest in the whole wide world, or us being shit. No inbetweens for them.

Back in the real world, though, we still have the best player ever in our team (and no, he's not suddenly a has-been because of his injury problems), one of the most exciting young attackers in the world - perhaps even a future worldbeater? And of course that midfield. THAT midfield. Xavi isn't done yet, far from it. Iniesta is looking more like his old self, and Busi never left it.

Sure, our defense is questionable, but far from as bad as some in here makes it out to be. Oh, and our goalie is top three in the world, and this season, perhaps even number one.

Yes, the mauling by Bayern last season still hurts. It hurts a lot. But we were in a bad place back then, with a coach battling for his life. They, Bayern, are most likely still a better team than we are, but I wouldn't put any other team in the world above us, and certainly not this City team. They have players who can decide the tie in their favour, but as a team we're leaps and bounds ahead. I'm not saying we're going to have an easy time, not at all, but giving us no chance what so ever, and even claiming we'll get beat in both matches is delusional. Plain and simple.

I'd put us as 60/40 favorites, which might be a bit optimistic, but I still have plenty faith left in our players and coaches.

big_man

Like I said, Barcelona will be allowed to keep the ball because there's not many ball winners in the Man City side. But once Barcelona loses the ball, City will break very quickly and swiftly. Can the Barcelona defence handle the pace of Navas and Aguero ? The power and skills of Negredo ? The trickery of David Silva ?

Yeah, we have completely forgotten that City are playing against only six players; the back five and Busquets, and we don't have any attacking players.....
Neymar, Sanchez, Iniesta, and Fabregas will be sipping tea on the bench with Tata and Messi will be too busy doing a beatbox on the bench while his best friend Pinto is freestyling :lol:

Last edited:

Icarium

Lifestealer
70% chances of being a goal fiesta 20% chances of being a boring goal less match and 10% chances of one team raping other.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Can the Barcelona defence handle the pace of Navas and Aguero ? The power and skills of Negredo ? The trickery of David Silva ?

Well, we handled Real and Atletico without too many problems, and unlike them, you don't actually have a good defense, so I can't see you guys stopping us for very long...

T

transition

I swear, so many people are severely underestimating this team. I'm going to go out on a limb here, and guess that many of the diehard pessimists are bandwagoners who have only started supporting the club during Pep's era. They were so used to Barca being some all-powerful steamrolling machine of death and destruction, and now that we're suddenly vulnerable and human again,.

To be honest, Barcelona has always been vulnerable to counter attacking teams.

Trickykid

Man City score on average 3 or 4 goals per game. They score for fun even if they are playing very poorly. It's going to take world class defenders to stop the likes of Aguero, Negredo and Navas.

Ah, I see. And here we are, with scrubs like Messi, Neymar and Alexis. If only we could do a straight swap - perhaps we could be competetive with this godlike City team!

big_man

I swear, so many people are severely underestimating this team. I'm going to go out on a limb here, and guess that many of the diehard pessimists are bandwagoners who have only started supporting the club during Pep's era. They were so used to Barca being some all-powerful steamrolling machine of death and destruction, and now that we're suddenly vulnerable and human again, they just can't accept it. So, it's either us being the OMG bestest in the whole wide world, or us being shit. No inbetweens for them.

Back in the real world, though, we still have the best player ever in our team (and no, he's not suddenly a has-been because of his injury problems), one of the most exciting young attackers in the world - perhaps even a future worldbeater? And of course that midfield. THAT midfield. Xavi isn't done yet, far from it. Iniesta is looking more like his old self, and Busi never left it.

Sure, our defense is questionable, but far from as bad as some in here makes it out to be. Oh, and our goalie is top three in the world, and this season, perhaps even number one.

Yes, the mauling by Bayern last season still hurts. It hurts a lot. But we were in a bad place back then, with a coach battling for his life. They, Bayern, are most likely still a better team than we are, but I wouldn't put any other team in the world above us, and certainly not this City team. They have players who can decide the tie in their favour, but as a team we're leaps and bounds ahead. I'm not saying we're going to have an easy time, not at all, but giving us no chance what so ever, and even claiming we'll get beat in both matches is delusional. Plain and simple.

I'd put us as 60/40 favorites, which might be a bit optimistic, but I still have plenty faith left in our players and coaches.

I have typed a similar post to you several times, but deleted it because mine was much harsher :lol:. It's absolutely crazy, sometimes I feel like I'm in a twighlight zone. Thank you for being able to type it in a much nicer way, couldn't have said it any better, particularly the first paragraph.

Ghosting

Like I said, Barcelona will be allowed to keep the ball because there's not many ball winners in the Man City side. But once Barcelona loses the ball, City will break very quickly and swiftly. Can the Barcelona defence handle the pace of Navas and Aguero ? The power and skills of Negredo ? The trickery of David Silva ?

Navas is not quicker than Alba, or at least it is a very close contest. As I say both Negredo and Aguero won't be playing unless they don't ever want to see the ball. Negredo doesn't have the pace, and Aguero doesn't have the power. And Busquets will have Silva no problem. I don't doubt they will score, but i do doubt they will score 7 in two legs.

Icarium

Lifestealer
We stopped real madrid ronaldo/bale/maria i dont think it will be more difficult than that. Only problem is yaya toure, if we give him chance he will destroy our midfield. We have to keep him busy chasing our players rather than giving him ball and space. Alba should play more defensively to stop navas that is it.

T

transition

Well, we handled Real and Atletico without too many problems, and unlike them, you don't actually have a good defense, so I can't see you guys stopping us for very long...

I question the tactics used by Real Madrid.

Atletic Madrid are doing well in a inferior league , but they are not a great team.

Home of Barca Fans