Barca draws Man City

Galning

Ah, I see. And here we are, with scrubs like Messi, Neymar and Alexis. If only we could do a straight swap - perhaps we could be competetive with this godlike City team!

Ronaldo, Bale, Benzema <<<<<< Negredo, Agüero, Silva. :lol:
It will be the first time in many years Barcelona will face a team with such quality. It's not like they play CL every year.. oh wait.

And yes, in case anyone wondered, sarcasm was being used in this post.

Trickykid

To be honest, Barcelona has always been vulnerable to counter attacking teams.

Yeah, you're beng honest. Honest but clueless.
9 out of 10 teams we face play on the counter against us. The ones who have given us the most trouble, are the ones who have been able to dominate our midfield. Teams such as Bayern and Moudrid. Your midfield, though, doesn't exactly give me sleepless nights.

T

transition

Navas is not quicker than Alba, or at least it is a very close contest. As I say both Negredo and Aguero won't be playing unless they don't ever want to see the ball. Negredo doesn't have the pace, and Aguero doesn't have the power. And Busquets will have Silva no problem. I don't doubt they will score, but i do doubt they will score 7 in two legs.

You are mistaken. Negredo has alot pace . He completely outpace Javi Martinez a few months ago:

Aguero has no power ? What do you mean ?

Trickykid

I have typed a similar post to you several times, but deleted it because mine was much harsher :lol:. It's absolutely crazy, sometimes I feel like I'm in a twighlight zone. Thank you for being able to type it in a much nicer way, couldn't have said it any better, particularly the first paragraph.

:beer2:

Ghosting

I question the tactics used by Real Madrid.

Atletic Madrid are doing well in a inferior league , but they are not a great team.

Classic naivety, Atletico are much better than Arsenal who currently top the EPL, in fact they are much better than everyone in the EPL barring City, where it would be a close game. If Barca, Real and Atletico were in the EPL then they would be 3 of the top 4. Just because the EPL is closer in terms of quality does not make it better in terms of quality.

T

transition

We stopped real madrid ronaldo/bale/maria i dont think it will be more difficult than that. Only problem is yaya toure, if we give him chance he will destroy our midfield. We have to keep him busy chasing our players rather than giving him ball and space. Alba should play more defensively to stop navas that is it.

You guys only know about Toure. You haven't met Fernandinho yet.

Irish_Cules

Barcelona have faced Negredo and Navas regularly over the last few years and neither have caused us major problems. I'm not saying that they wont cause us problems but to make out that these are a different class of player to what we've faced before is laughable.

Ghosting

You are mistaken. Negredo has alot pace . He completely outpace Javi Martinez a few months ago:

Aguero has no power ? What do you mean ?

Lol he outpaces Javi Martinez, a man known for his pace is he? And regards to no power for Aguero, I mean he isn't going to bully our CBs which is what the strikers who cause us problems are known for. If City get stuck having to lump balls in the air he isn't going to win the header.

Alik

Can't wait for the game, so that people will just shut up. For better or worse, we'll know where Barca stands after this game.

big_man

Classic naivety, Atletico are much better than Arsenal who currently top the EPL, in fact they are much better than everyone in the EPL barring City, where it would be a close game. If Barca, Real and Atletico were in the EPL then they would be 3 of the top 4. Just because the EPL is closer in terms of quality does not make it better in terms of quality.

I personally would never put money against this City team to win against A.Madrid, they are a team designed to embarrass a team like City- an attacking one but with a midfield that isn't strong enough to protect against elite teams. They'd just sit back and counter the heck out of City, they are defensively strong enough to withhold City to very small chances, they did it to us even. we had 8 shots in total against them.
I wouldn't be surprised if they wiped the floor with them to be honest.
Heck, I'm not even sure I'll put money on us beating them in a 2 legged tie.

Last edited:
T

transition

Lol he outpaces Javi Martinez, a man known for his pace is he? And regards to no power for Aguero, I mean he isn't going to bully our CBs which is what the strikers who cause us problems are known for. If City get stuck having to lump balls in the air he isn't going to win the header.

Of-course he will bully your CB's. How many times has Aguero scored against Barcelona ? 6 times ?

He might be a midget, but he's very strong, tricky and quick.

Home of Barca Fans