Barca draws Man City

Darko

Well now then Man City have drawn Chelsea in the fa cup, tie to be played on the weekend 15-16 Feb.
Will they play a weakened side against one of there major rivals ? Surely they wont want to lose to them.
The first leg against Barca is only a few days after....your thought's gentlemen.

We have the RM game in between the 2 games against City so it evens out nicely.
They have enough depth to rest some key players against Chelsea.

big_man

What Real Madrid game? We play Madrid on the 23rd of March. But City ties are over and done 2 weeks before that.
As for squad depth in key areas, They couldn't even beat a league two team comfortably with a team with half first teamers and half squad players.

Here's their 2nd XI,

---------------Pantilimon----
-Boyata--Demichelis--Lescot--Kolarov

------Rodwell---------Garcia-----

Milner---------Jovetic---------Lopes

--------------Dzeko--------------

Err no....

Last edited:

gazza

Darko like Big Man says we dont play Real Madrid till the 23rd March you have your dates mixed up somewhere.

Jelboo

Some of us here are kidding themselves by underestimating City. These guys are absolutely on fire this season and their strikers are blasting in goals for fun. The same goes for us. I think chances for qualifying for the next round are pretty 50/50. It can go either way. We are a great team and so are they. No need for naive dismissal of their quality. I remember this place before and after the Bayern games and I have the feeling we shouldn't recreate the same atmosphere of blindness towards the strength of our opponents!

I'm watching Spurs vs. City right now and I'm pretty scared actually. Silva, Navas, Aguero are looking fantastic. This is going to be the test of the season as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Considering form, City are in better shape than Barcelona, not much of a debate there...That worries more than anything else, 3 weeks to go...Plenty of time to get there but would love to see them develop some rhythm starting tonight

Galning

Their defence doesn't look good though, especially not when they're under pressure. They look extremely clumsy then.

DinhoR10

Some of us here are kidding themselves by underestimating City. These guys are absolutely on fire this season and their strikers are blasting in goals for fun. The same goes for us. I think chances for qualifying for the next round are pretty 50/50. It can go either way. We are a great team and so are they. No need for naive dismissal of their quality. I remember this place before and after the Bayern games and I have the feeling we shouldn't recreate the same atmosphere of blindness towards the strength of our opponents!

I'm watching Spurs vs. City right now and I'm pretty scared actually. Silva, Navas, Aguero are looking fantastic. This is going to be the test of the season as far as I'm concerned.

Nothing said on this forum has any consequence for the outcomes of games played by the team, so it really doesn't matter if we dismiss them or not.

Jelboo

Nothing said on this forum has any consequence for the outcomes of games played by the team, so it really doesn't matter if we dismiss them or not.

Absolutely true. But of course the point of a discussion forum is to discuss... and hopefully to agree on things. I just remember the Bayern trauma and how many Barça fans were in denial about it. This time I'm going to watch the games with a great deal of respect for Man City. Of course, only the team can influence the game. I just hope they are absolutely willing to fight to the death to win, because they will have to. :messi:

big_man

Nope, its not. Our first 11 is noticeably better than theirs individually, only Kompany and arguably Zabaleta will get a place in this team if everyone is in their favourite positions. In addition, we defend much better as a team, we have a better midfield, and our attack is at worst, equal to theirs. Don't let their PL exploits fool you. We can't beat them half assed I don't think, but if we play near our best we're going through.

J

Jayuk

Only a fool would write City off and only a fool would underestimate them.

If Aguero doesn't play that could change things, but even if he doesn't their squad is still powerful.

Jelboo

Only a fool would write City off and only a fool would underestimate them.

If Aguero doesn't play that could change things, but even if he doesn't their squad is still powerful.

Absolutely. It seems to hurt many people's personal feelings to imply that we are equally matched. And that City, especially at home, will give us a lot of trouble.

coura

Banned
Nope, its not. Our first 11 is noticeably better than theirs individually, only Kompany and arguably Zabaleta will get a place in this team if everyone is in their favourite positions.

False. Touré over Xavi easily. Kolarov over Alba easily. Silva over Alexis or Pedro easily.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
:amazed:

Kolarov easily over Alba? Silva easily over two players who don't even play his position and have resulted in more goals than him? The only one I can understand is Toure, but even that is certainly not an easy decision and both of them play a completely different role.

coura

Banned
:amazed:

Kolarov easily over Alba? Silva easily over two players who don't even play his position and have resulted in more goals than him? The only one I can understand is Toure, but even that is certainly not an easy decision and both of them play a completely different role.

If there´s one thing City is better is individual power. And now they also have the collective side.

Both team play in different systems but they have amazing 11 and amazing depth.

Home of Barca Fans