Barca draws Man City

JamDav1982

False. Touré over Xavi easily. Kolarov over Alba easily. Silva over Alexis or Pedro easily.

Kolarov over Alba?

That is one terrible judgement on player.

Why compare Alexis/Pedro to Silva? Why not Iniesta or Neymar? They are more comparable to where he playes.

Jesus again.... Kolarov over Alba???

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Nope, its not. Our first 11 is noticeably better than theirs individually, only Kompany and arguably Zabaleta will get a place in this team if everyone is in their favourite positions. In addition, we defend much better as a team, we have a better midfield, and our attack is at worst, equal to theirs. Don't let their PL exploits fool you. We can't beat them half assed I don't think, but if we play near our best we're going through.

11 for 11, our players are better in quality. However they have a system for attacking that just clicks and plays to our weaknesses, which can cause serious damage. There's no truth in saying that we're likely to lose, but whatever information we've accumulated over this season shows that City are potentially major threats in our hopes to continue in the CL.

People are right in saying that there was a similar "bring it on" type mentality as we were about to face Bayern. Granted, we are much stronger and more well prepared now, but just because Barca is among the very best of teams doesn't mean that we aren't vulnerable. We can't afford to be at anything less than our best in this tie, and I hope all the players know that.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
If there´s one thing City is better is individual power.

Messi>Aguero
Neymar=Negredo(roles too different)
Pedro>Navas
Iniesta>Nasri
Fabregas>Silva
Alexis>Milner
Tello<Dzeko (roles different but still)
Xavi=Toure (roles too different)
Busquets>Fernandinho
Song>Javi Garcia
Alves=Zabaleta
Montoya=Richards
Pique>Demichelis
Mascherano<Kompany
Bartra>Nastasic
Puyol=Lescott (never thought I'd say that :puke:)
Alba>Kolarov
Adriano=Clichy
Valdes>Hart

raskolnikov

A few years ago a team like current City would get schooled and send home easily, granted we are not as strong currently as back then but it kind of bothers me how the majority is favouring City in this tie.
All over the internet people seem to expect Bayern part 2.
The only thing I really fear are set pieces cause we concede so much and are small.
I am really hoping for a Milan return type exhibition to show the world that this is Barca, not to be underestimated and have the overrated oilmoney put in their place.

DinhoR10

Messi> Everyone on City
Iniesta> Everyone on City
Pedro and Alexis>All their wingers
Neymar>All their forwards but Aguero
Busquets> Everyone on City

I concede that Toure form wise beats xavi but at top form Xavi >Toure

Neymessi

A few years ago a team like current City would get schooled and send home easily, granted we are not as strong currently as back then but it kind of bothers me how the majority is favouring City in this tie.
All over the internet people seem to expect Bayern part 2.
The only thing I really fear are set pieces cause we concede so much and are small.
I am really hoping for a Milan return type exhibition to show the world that this is Barca, not to be underestimated and have the overrated oilmoney put in their place.

You can call me pessimistic but chances are that manc will hit a lot of goals in the first leg. They have been hitting goals like crazy in pl and although barca is not any other pl team our defence is really vulnerable.Without aguero they have been scoring like fun and even after aguero's departure in yesterdays match they comfortably won over spurs on their home. They really are a threat and it could be a one sided match in the first leg.

serghei

Messi>Aguero
Pedro>Navas
Iniesta>Nasri
Fabregas>Silva
Alexis>Milner
Busquets>Fernandinho
Song>Javi Garcia
Alves=Zabaleta
Montoya=Richards
Pique>Demichelis
Mascherano<Kompany
Bartra>Nastasic
Alba>Kolarov
Adriano=Clichy
Valdes>Hart

Valdes=Hart
Fabregas=Silva
Alves>Zabaleta

Pretty much agree with everything else.

J

Jayuk

Messi>Aguero
Pedro>Navas
Iniesta>Nasri
Fabregas>Silva
Alexis>Milner
Busquets>Fernandinho
Song>Javi Garcia
Alves=Zabaleta
Montoya=Richards
Pique>Demichelis
Mascherano<Kompany
Bartra>Nastasic
Alba>Kolarov
Adriano=Clichy
Valdes>Hart

Messi> Everyone on City
Iniesta> Everyone on City
Pedro and Alexis>All their wingers
Neymar>All their forwards but Aguero
Busquets> Everyone on City

I concede that Toure form wise beats xavi but at top form Xavi >Toure

Valdes=Hart
Fabregas=Silva
Alves>Zabaleta

Pretty much agree with everything else.

It's not a computer game. When quality players come up against quality players its flip of a coin and since both teams have quality players that's what it will be.

Sasuke85

Absolutely. It seems to hurt many people's personal feelings to imply that we are equally matched. And that City, especially at home, will give us a lot of trouble.
I have a hunch that City will encounter their first defeat at Etihad when they meet Chelsea in the next round of EPL.

big_man

11 for 11, our players are better in quality. However they have a system for attacking that just clicks and plays to our weaknesses, which can cause serious damage. There's no truth in saying that we're likely to lose, but whatever information we've accumulated over this season shows that City are potentially major threats in our hopes to continue in the CL.

People are right in saying that there was a similar "bring it on" type mentality as we were about to face Bayern. Granted, we are much stronger and more well prepared now, but just because Barca is among the very best of teams doesn't mean that we aren't vulnerable. We can't afford to be at anything less than our best in this tie, and I hope all the players know that.

No this is much different, even forgetting the fact that we are much stronger, this city team is NOWHERE near Bayern's team last season. That team had conceded less than 15 goals in all competition at this point last season. City so far has conceded close to 40, they are a shambles defensively, their attack isn't something that we haven't seen many times over the past 5 years- us, Madrid, Chelsea under Ancelotti e.t.c.

That Bayern used to give teams like 1 shot on target all game, they are a different animal all together. This City team has Toure that can't press, Silva and Navas that aren't astute defensively, and Fernandinho (who does all the dirty work by himself) as part of their 4 man midfield. Bayern last season were incredible defensively with Basitan and Martinez and they ran themselves to the ground playing us. City are the complete opposite of that.

They are not a good pressing team, they are strictly an "on the ball" team. How are they any better than the Madrid team of the last 5 years? how many trophies have Madrid won in that time? I'm not convinced by them...against the also rans of the PL, they're great. Against the very best? I'm not so sure an I expect them to get beat when we meet them.

EDIT: They beat Bayern? So did Arsenal last season, doesn't make them the best thing since sliced bread.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans