Barca shirt sponsorship

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
We should find some secondary sponsors (like BEKO) from those US advertisers who throw away almost 5m USD for a 30-second spot at the Super Bowl to sponsor us. Anybody heard anything from their trip to the States?

IF the elconfidencial article is to be trusted the 60M/year don't include training kits, and Bayern just got 15M/year for theirs so ... we can surely get 5M/yr for ours :bartomeu:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
IF the elconfidencial article is to be trusted the 60M/year don't include training kits, and Bayern just got 15M/year for theirs so ... we can surely get 5M/yr for ours :bartomeu:

We should just buy Bayern's negotiators. ;)

Not sure though whether Doha airport will appear on their training kits (they only have Deutsche Telekom), I did see it appearing on their advertising board.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
It's Qatar. We're Barcelona. We should definitely be able to get much more than 60m.

It really is shocking we aren't the best paid club. Best football, best players.. Who also happen to captain Argentina and Brazil.

serghei

It really is shocking we aren't the best paid club. Best football, best players.. Who also happen to captain Argentina and Brazil.

Best football, best players, biggest stadium, best team (ever), shit executives.

The suits are failling this club. We should be getting similar figures to United and Real Madrid.

Neymessi

Can someone enlighten me on the possible reasons for us to not find a suitable sponsor apart from barto being completely incompetent?

vlad

im just waiting for the moment when camp nou will be called qatar airways

edit: can´t get over it that bartomeu was elected after all this scandal with neymar and rosell, so stupid from socios, just because barca won triplete, now you still have stupid president who is going on the courts because of neymar

Last edited:

xXKonan

We can't negotiate worth a damn.

The rumors before the problems started is we were close to a deal I think it was 60-65 Million a season with Qatar, but right after we won the treble we apparently requested a 100 million year deal. and you know how that ended up.

Make matters worse we obviously had no Plan B and with Qatar deciding to ignore our phone calls things started getting pretty desperate and we sent out our Reps to Qatar to agree to the original deal. Which it seems like it worked with rumors that we are on decent terms with Qatar airlines again.

This whole saga is just an embarrassment really and I still can't believe we haven't found alternative Shirt Sponsor to Qatar I guess we got lucky in a sense that Qatar will renew with us despite us nearly fucking it up. :lol:

xXKonan

The MD article Vlom was talking about earlier by Paco Aguilar.

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbo...enos-amigos-lo-vamos-a-solucionar-seguro.html

Using a poor translator.

Hassan Al Thawadi , important sports man and the State of Qatar , President of the Organizing Committee of the World Cup Qatar 2022, made ​​clear to MD that " Qatar and Barca are good friends, we will rectify the situation, for sure" . Al Thawadi, which maintains a "excellent" relations in his words, the president Josep Maria Bartomeu maintains that it must remedy the situation, which have been some misunderstandings and said things that perhaps should not have been said have.

He was referring to the time of the elections of FC Barcelona, ​​although I would not officially precise. Al Thawadi understands that "the cooperation between Qatar and the club has been very fruitful for both parties. Qatar Airways is delighted, we also for the international promotion of Qatar and I think the club also should be in the amount of our contribution as sponsor ".

Hassan Al Thawadi believes we should try to "heal the wounds if any, shake hands as friends we are and go ahead as usual, we are loyal friends Qatar and the club and we must follow."

Chong Li

According to MD there's no offer from Pepsi.

For me any sponsor (with similar amout of $) would be better than Qatar.

Home of Barca Fans