18. Thiago >>>
19. Bartra >>>
20. Afellay
21. Adriano
22. Abidal
24. Klose +++

D

drogba

Wow, i never thought that i will get that kind of reaction. First i don't play manager games for years and second these are just my opinions. I would rather say "i don't agree blah blah.." than doing sarcasm. I watch lots of football and these are just what i saw. Even Xavi says he likes Wayne Rooney, Santi Cazorla.. When i say that it doesn't make me a fm freak.

While watching Villa missing to score, i can't stop thinking if Eto'o would be there he would score twice. Compare him to Eto'o and tell me. And his form gets low a lot for some periods.

Have you ever looking statistics on tv or net after matches? Mascherano's passing, tackling and everything are very below of the average of barça. Sometimes he thinks too much for whom to pass. He is just a guy who has an extreme defensive mentality and i don't think it's a good transfer.

These are just opinions from a football freak, based on matches he watched whole season.

XaviMessiGirl

I think the thing is, realistically we can't afford all of those players. It might be someone's dream team but it could never happen in reality unless we turned into Man City. Plus I really can't imagine someone like Rooney fitting in at Barca - not just on the pitch but off it as well.

.blitzer

an update with a squad we could afford:

GK: Valdés, Pinto
RB: Daniel Alves, Adriano
CB: Piqué, Puyol, Botía, Fontás
LB: Coentrão, Abidal
MDC: Busquets, Mascherano
MCR: Xavi, Thiago
MCL: Iniesta, Keita, Afellay
RW: Rossi, Pedro
CF: Messi, Drogba/Klose
LW: Villa, Bojan

In: Coentrão - 30m; Rossi - 30m, Botía - 5m, Drogba/Klose < 5m = < 70m
Out: Henrique, Cáceres, Maxwell, Hleb, Milito, Keirisson + 10m of Ibra's deal ~=~ 25m

The 50m budget isn't exceeded.

----------------VV---------------
-Dani------P&P------Coentrão-
-----------Busquets-------------
-----------Xaviniesta------------
-Rossi/Pedro----Messi----Villa-

Drogba or Klose are good options for a plan B, are both experienced strikers and won't be expensive.

TheStig

Out: Keita, Maxwell, Affellay, Milito + everybody on loan
In: Coentrão, Rossi (or some other striker) and Cesc (at a reasonable price), Botia

Valdes/Pinto

Alves/Adriano
Pique/Fontas/Botia/Abidal/Masch
Puyol/Fontas/Botia/Abidal/Masch
Abidal/Coentrão/Adriano

Busquets/Mascherano
Xavi/Thiago/Cesc?
Iniesta/Thiago/Cesc?

Villa/Bojan
Pedro/Jeffren
Messi/Rossi

Last edited:

FCB_M3

I can't feel ma face!
In: Coentrão, Rossi (or some other striker) and Cesc (at a reasonable price), Botia

Valdes/Pinto

Alves/Adriano
Abidal/Coentrão/Adriano

Busquets/Mascherano
Xavi/Thiago/Cesc?
Iniesta/Thiago/Cesc?

Villa/Bojan
Pedro/Jeffren
Messi/Rossi

Wtf

Lol at your outs..
Might as well play next season without a bench, cool....

Richard.H

Valdes/Pinto

Alves/Adriano
Abidal/Coentrão/Adriano

Busquets/Mascherano
Xavi/Thiago/Cesc?
Iniesta/Thiago/Cesc?

Villa/Bojan
Pedro/Jeffren
Messi/Rossi

Hahahahaa we might as well play with 9 men every match!

We definitely need to get Botia and Caceres back from loan. They can be great backups and as shown this season, a deep squad is needed to get a treble!

Guardian

Out: Maxwell, Milito, Keita, Bojan, Henrique, Ibrahimovic, Keirrison, Hleb, Caceres

In:

LB: A.Sissokho (Lyon)
CB: Hummels (Dortmund)
MC: Sahin (Dortmund) or Guarin (Porto)
ST: Cardozo (Benfica) or Hulk (Porto)

WaveGnom

Goal keepers: Valdes - Pinto (Mino)
Pinto has extended his contract and stays at least for one more year. Mino is an obvious solution to backup Pinto in a year or so.

Defenders: Alves - Adriano - Maxwell - Abidal - Puyol - Pique - Fontas - Montoya - New guy
I would not buy back Botia even if we have the buy back option on him. He does not fit in. Caceres and Henrique is best to get rid of as soon as possible to minimize losses. Milito will obviously leave as well. I have no clear idea of who I want in, but it should be a centre back. Puyol is getting older and will probably not be able to play as many games as we are used to in the years to come. Abidal is very unsure as we don't know the situation is on his tumor and how it will be in the future. Fontas is ready for promotion, but I believe we need at least one more in adidtion to Fontas.

Midfielders: Busquets - Mascherano - Xavi - Iniesta - Thaigo - Keita
Our midfield is just fine. Next year Thiago will take Keitas role, and Keita will be more of a last resort backup. No need to spend lots of money on Cesc as Thiago have potential to be just as good. Alså Rafa, Roberto, JDS ect. are possibly comming up in a few years. Best thing is if Cesc can stay at Arsenal until his contract expires, then come here for free as Xavi will be retiring at about that time.

Attack: Messi - Villa - Pedro - Affelay - New guy - New guy
Jeffren has been injured close to the whole season. His level is ok, but not so high that we can allow ourselves to keep him in the squad when he is so much injured. Sadly I don't think Bojan will ever become good enough to be our main backup at the foreward position. A loan could be considered. Zlatan must be sold as well for obvious reasons. Hleb and Kerrison also.

In: Centre back, Central foreward, Wing, Montoya(promoted), Fontas(promoted), Thiago(promoted)

Out: Milito (free), Henrique (2m?), Caceres(3m?), Hleb(2m?), Kerrison(5m?), Zlatan(24m?), Jeffren(5m?), Bojan (loan?)

That equals €50m + €41m = €91m available to buy a centre back, a foreward and a wing. Not saying everything should be used. That will leave us with a squad of 23 players.

Ventus

Everyone is forgetting the fact that Abidal is getting old. Sure he's only 31 now, but if we were to buy a young left back now, and let him get used to the team, we won't need to stress out about it in 2-3 years.
There is absolutely no reason to buy Fabregas. I assure you that Affelay can do everything Cesc can and more, if we would just let him play CAM for once.

Oh yah, and it's time for the Bojan rant... Basically the only thing I do on this forum.
I've said it before, and I'll say it again, we are a fickle, fickle, fanbase. At the beginning of last season, we were all buzzing about Bojan, how he was the next Ronaldinho, how him and Messi would tear up La Liga. But now that little Krkic-Perez is having a bad season, everyone decides to abandon him. You forget about all those youth team goals he's scored, and all those beautiful play's he's made, you forget that at one point, he was recognized as our future. Near his last games of the season, he scored two goals. These two goals resurrected him. Those first 30 minutes of the Almeria game, he was our best player, miles in front of Messi.
Let Pedro and Bojan split time on the right wing next season, or I guarantee you wee will lose one of the best young players in the world.

Don't forget about this kid.

Last edited:

winda

First, i agree that we should be patient with Bojan...but we as fans should not keep on babysitting him and telling him what a good job he has been doing when clearly he has not....

Second, ARE YOU SERIOUS????? Bojan miles ahead of Messi????? dont overhyped him....so much...

Chainsaw

Killahead
Barca is truely in needs of reinforcements for their bench. The first team doesn't need any changes. 1 forward, 1 midfielder and 1 defender (2 if Milito leaves) are neccesary.

Home of Barca Fans