Barça Squad for 2011/2012

.blitzer

Maybe. But a forward it is the 4th option, a pure winger is the 3rd.
I'd prefer: Botía, Coentrão, Rossi and Klose/Drogba.

I would very much like that, apart from Drogba, and not because he is not a good player, but because I can't see him wearing Barca shirt. Just his mentality doesn't fit.[/QUOTE]
I agree with that, but maybe he could change. :p

P

PhilS

Valdes (Pinto)
Alves Pique Puyol Abidal (Adriano, Mascherano, Fontas) Milito out, Maxwell?, moderate acquisition of one defender
Xavi Busquets Iniesta (Cesc, Masch, Thiago, Keita, Afellay)
Pedro Messi Villa (Iniesta, Afellay) Bojan to Arsenal. If Jeffren goes or is loaned, moderate acquisition of one forward.

Mes que un club: Cesc returns because he is so important to Catalonia. Bojan helps to pay the huge price, which has gone down a bit this spring.

After this year's CL and Liga crowns, management will add no more than one star, and no stars will leave. Lessor acquisitions will be for skillful players whose egos can handle non-starter playing time.

Pep does not care as much as most coaches do about what position a player is used to playing. He just puts his favorite Barca-type players on the field. He will go with a very small squad again, using almost everyone.

This 2011-2012 team could definitely be better than the 2010-2011 team, even if a lessor player than Cesc is the biggest acquisition. Adriano, Mascherano, Villa and Pedro will likely all contribute more as they complete their intergration. Thiago will become at least a semi-regular, and will provide more offense than any midfielder does now. Iniesta will excel as a frequent forward. Afellay will be a valuable squad player, Fontas will become more useful. Of course, if Messi misses much time, the team will not be as good. If the next 6-8 core players combined miss more than one year, the record will suffer.

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
GK:Valdés(Pinto)
RB: Dani Alves(Gökhan Gönul)
RCB: Piqué(Botia)
LCB: Carles Puyol (Sakho)
LB: Abidal (Adriano)
DM: Busquets(The Mask)
CM: Xavi(Thiago/Afellay)
AM: Iniesta(Keita)
Attacking tridente: Sanchez, Messi, Villa (Pedro, Bojan, Afellay, Jeffren, Nolito)
Transfer spent: ~60 million euro and we'll gtl ike 15 from sells so approx 45 mill.

Last edited:

kadeng

GK: Valdes (Pinto)
RB: Alves (Bartra)
CB: Pique (Fontas or Botia)
CB: Puyol (Kompany)
DM: Businho, badger
CM: Xavi ( MODRIC)
AM: Iniesta (Arda)
CF: messi, villa, rossi

Birdy

Please stop posting just names..
Names, names everywhere...

If someone knows more information (like Wintrez), it is useful
Is not in any newspaper, a person who has some connections with the club told me that.

Maybe. But a forward it is the 4th option, a pure winger is the 3rd.
I'd prefer: Botía, Coentrão, Rossi and Klose/Drogba.

Neglecting the forward business, which proved wrong in the case of ibra - as we do not need a plan B, just better variations on plan A - , i like the 3 you mentioned, but it contradicts your previous post about the money that are going to be spend..
So, Botia is cheap and looks one for sure..
With the widespread rumours about Rossi, last months, i think he would be the winger, but i do not see coentrao coming (although i like him) as he would rise the expenditure..
So, rossi + coentrao, i think it is not going to happen..
And, as always the LB would be the cheapest option...

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
It seems that the new season is already being worked on and Guardiola has an agreement with 3 players, a central defender, a left-back and a winger. With none of the players will be spent too much money, but will be players which could easily fit in Barça's style. Possibly also will be transfer a striker, and this one will be the most resonant name, who could be Agüero.

Thanx. I'm still to be convinced though as Pep hasn't been the most astute in transfers so far. Summer 2009 was a disaster, except Maxwell. But that was sheer luck imo. as he came as Ibra's pendant and he's a backup anyway. Summer 2010 Pep learned a lesson and went for a no-brainer in Villa. Adriano is ok for a backup but he'll end up costing us 14 mil. 3rd signing was Ibi. That one looks great but from all accounts it was Zubi who pulled that one.

Birdy

I'm still to be convinced though as Pep hasn't been the most astute in transfers so far.

100% right!
But he really pull a big bet on Ibra and Villa..
If he lands Rossi, is a safer bet.. He is 50% already playing similar style, so his fitting to the system is less in danger..

impeh

Hi, its me..
i think we'll get cesc for about 45m
probably Botía as well because .. hes decent.. and we're kinda obsessed with players from our youth. + hes cheap
and idk. Adriano has been awesome for a couple of months now.. dont see why he cant be our first choice with abidal..

+ rossi, unfortunately >.>

Last edited:

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
Names, names everywhere...

If someone knows more information (like Wintrez), it is useful
130211988355.jpg

If you want transfer rumours, then go to the rumour thread. This is the thread for squads and people post their squad which includes names.

But to please your highness I will state why I chose the players I chose.
Sakho - a versatile LCB that can also play LB if needed.
Gökhan Gönul - A quick and fast RB that our scouts watched when they played Genclerbirgili(thin it was them) and he passed to 2 goals.
Sanchez - Reported all over the press that we wanna buy him.

.blitzer

Neglecting the forward business, which proved wrong in the case of ibra - as we do not need a plan B, just better variations on plan A - , i like the 3 you mentioned, but it contradicts your previous post about the money that are going to be spend..
So, Botia is cheap and looks one for sure..
With the widespread rumours about Rossi, last months, i think he would be the winger, but i do not see coentrao coming (although i like him) as he would rise the expenditure..
So, rossi + coentrao, i think it is not going to happen..
And, as always the LB would be the cheapest option...
No names were given to me. Only the positions of the players. Botía, Coentrão and Rossi would be my options, but I doubt they will be the ones. The players that Pep has an agreement are players which weren't already noticed by the newspapers. Botía and Coentrão weren't very talked, but Rossi was.

Last edited:

majql

So are you saing that Pep already has an agreement with the players? Verbal or written? If true, then they will probably announce the transfers just after the season is over.

Home of Barca Fans