Barça to face PSG in the CL quarter finals

Careful Barca

Sirigu + Sakho / Alex + Silva + Matuidi means a very, very solid axial defense. Up front, Lavezzi ,Moura and Menez are speedsters and ( on a good day ) lethal.

The fullbacks are the weak link. Maxwell is only pretty good, Jallet brings nothing forward and Van der Wiel is terrible in defense

Antimadridista1

Careful Barca

Sirigu + Sakho / Alex + Silva + Matuidi means a very, very solid axial defense. Up front, Lavezzi ,Moura and Menez are speedsters and ( on a good day ) lethal.

The fullbacks are the weak link. Maxwell is only pretty good, Jallet brings nothing forward and Van der Wiel is terrible in defense

I agree.. Our players shouldn't underestimate PSG at they did with AC Milan because their defense is soooo strong !!!

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
I'm happy with this, at least a draw away and we have a big chance. Ibra not playing does change things a bit, not that he's a fast counter player but a solid target man. Forca!!!

magique

Careful Barca

Van der Wiel is... Awfull this season, really. Jallet is a little bit better but both are not at the level. I agree with the other PSG's fan, Matuidi is our best player!
Ibra don't make effort this season excpeted at "big games" and i whish he will be overmotivate against Barcelona.

Ancelotti will focus on defense and counter, that's sure.
Menez doesn't play last games, we don't really know why... like nene before the winter when he left. But without ibra i hope he will.
I guess thats Matuidi and verrati will run everywhere and hope that the last one will note take a red card :p

:beer2:

King Leo

Banned
The 2nd leg vs Milan was epic but that's history now. We had to work really hard to overcome the two goals Milan scored against us otherwise PSG is harder than Milan IMO. My worries are defense, height, and the impotence of our strikers (other than you know who). More concerning is the injuries we usually get after FIFA games. So to say we are in the semi's is simply unthoughtful.

Last edited:

oz187

I think PSG are maybe better off without Ibra against Barca. Ibra has limited mobility and I could see him stuggling to get into the game. Instead PSG can try to rely on fast counters, Ancelloti will know how to use catennaccio if need be.

Moe-23

we should really make most of the first leg with ibra not playing, the team can focus on marking lavezzi, who seemed to be a main player in the valancia match, lucas moura is still inexperienced in the champions league and might struggle against barca but shouldn't be underestimated. 2-0 or 1-0 would be an ideal result in paris to really put the pressure on PSG in the second leg at camp nou.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
If we fail to capitalize in Paris, isn't it a worse scenario that Ibrahimovic will play in the second leg, and we possibly allow them some away goals, which count more?

If we fail to capitalize in Paris, isn't it a worse scenario that Ibrahimovic will play in the second leg, and we possibly allow them some away goals, which count more?

Barca usually wins their CL ties at Camp Nou, they don't win in the away leg that often. Hope we get a good result in the away leg though. IMO, we should be able to at least get a high-scoring draw or narrow win in the first leg. If we do, I wouldn't be too worried about the second since, like I said, Barca usually do very well in the home legs in the CL and don't usually win in the away legs (though Barca do usually get a draw in the away leg).

Last edited:

tello

Nobody, if our players show the same arrogance as you.

It's about optimism not arrogance.
Barca proved once more the psychological and motivational factors are the key to win tough battles like these and I'm absolutely positive that they've fully learned the lesson in the Milan tie !

Ppl fear to much PSG, ofcorurse they are strong, rich and have great players nearely in every post but they are still not a team !
They miss Ibra in the first leg and the second is on Camp Nou so we will prevale !

That is why I seem superficial when asking about who do you think we'll encounter in the semi's !

It's about optimism not arrogance.
Barca proved once more the psychological and motivational factors are the key to win tough battles like these and I'm absolutely positive that they've fully learned the lesson in the Milan tie !

Ppl fear to much PSG, ofcorurse they are strong, rich and have great players nearely in every post but they are still not a team !
They miss Ibra in the first leg and the second is on Camp Nou so we will prevale !

That is why I seem superficial when asking about who do you think we'll encounter in the semi's !

PSG are tough but I still think it was a pretty good draw. I'd rather have gotten them than Dortmund, Real, Bayern or Juventus.
Anyways, if we're at our best we should be able to get past them.

Home of Barca Fans