Barca Transfers and Rumors

Total-Football

It's him or aurier or no one .. we are in no position for bright future players.. Bellerin is amazing i suspect most of the members don't Watch regularily the premierleague to speak of him that way .. Or maybe they watched the portion where arsenal were shambolic as a whole.

Giginho75

We have one average RB, Vidal.
We don't have a 2nd RB, not to mention a world class RB.

A guy who played as a RB was the weakest link in majority of matches after a New Year when the opponents have figured out his flaws.

there aren't great RB on the market...
neither for great club like fcb...
RM has carvajal (anyway good RB for me)...
bayern has to find a player after lahm retire...
the british top teams haven't great RB (azpilicueta is average player)...

this is a role where today is difficult finding great player...
so a couple vidal and, for example, bellerin could be a good solution, waiting best time and searching young RB by masia, europe and south america.

ronniecro

at this point i would rather promote palencia to rotate with vidal than splash presumably huge money on bellerin

GetIn

http://futbol.as.com/futbol/2017/06/06/primera/1496713117_655102.html?autoplay=1
I would be happy with that, but you would have to atleast add 20-30m to each player

Rought Translation of that article:

Robert Fernández will not have anything simple in this summer market. The demand is maximum and resources, rather few. The goals that have been marked by the technical secretariat of Barca to strengthen the team are high, so prices can end up firing much more than expected. A side, a means of creation and an attacker are the main goals of the Barca team for the next season and despite the idea is to go find the first options, everyone at the Camp Nou know that it will be very difficult to satisfy the desires of Ernesto Valverde, coach chosen to lead the team next season.

Marco Verratti (PSG) would be the desired midfielder. Price? They estimate that no less than 80 million euros, a stupid. Problems? Besides the exorbitant price, having to negotiate with a buyer club like the PSG, which every month threatens to come and take Neymar. In the Camp Nou they know that the transfer is very complicated, so they would expect a gesture, a step in front of the player to begin to unravel the situation that today seems to have very little speed.

Another long-time player is Héctor Bellerín of Arsenal. Canterano of the Barça emigrated a few years ago to London, where it took a good walk in the Arsenal under the glance of Arsene Wenger. The English do not want to negotiate, but in Barca calculate that making an offer of 40 million the thing could begin to change. In this case, plan B would be Nelson Semedo (23 years) for which Benfica would ask for 50 million.

Ousmane Dembélé returns to the scene, as explained by AS a few weeks ago. The 20-year-old French striker last season said "no" to Barça but after a year in Borussia Dortmund would be to reconsider his opinion after leaving the team of coach Thomas Tuchel. The price of the French tip, which Borussia does not want to let go, would be around 30 million.

Only player I could see us getting from that list is Bellerin. Dembele would require 70-80m and although he would be nice we would fare better spending that money on a CM. Verratti, no chance.

Devils

I think the consensus among most people on this forum is that we need 3 key signings (two midfielders and a RB) to convincingly get back to the summit of European football. That or we risk falling even further behind Real Madrid (and possibly other top teams if they have an excellent transfer summer window).

If we only sign: Bellerin, Seri and Deulofeu

Then I would put my money on us falling further behind Real Madrid (and possibly others)

serghei

I think the consensus among most people on this forum is that we need 3 key signings (two midfielders and a RB) to convincingly get back to the summit of European football. That or we risk falling even further behind Real Madrid (and possibly other top teams if they have an excellent transfer summer window).

If we only sign: Bellerin, Seri and Deulofeu

Then I would put my money on us falling further behind Real Madrid (and possibly others)

We don't know exactly know how the squad will react to this season. A managerial change is a huge change. See Benitez to Zidane.

We don't know what is the main cause for the failings of this season.We don't know if the squad is so much worse than Madrid's, or if Lucho did such a poor job (mostly with tactics and rotations) that he made almost every player underperform.

So, I do not discount anything.

We might make 2-3 bad signings and still win titles next season, purely because the manager sets us up better and we are more motivated than last season.

So many things were wrong in the team this last season, from bad tactics, to idiotic rotations, to low motivation, to often referee errors etc. etc., that you can't really say that the squad is weak.

Again, we have the Benitez case were bad management and bad tactics from the coach can just ruin everything, and can make pretty much every player, even world class ones, play like shit.

I am disappointed with the management as well. But the squad is still good enough to win the biggest titles. The manager was just really really bad this season. That is the main cause I think.

Sure, there are some players who need to be sold. Arda, Mathieu, Denis, Gomes (for a 35m+ offer). But the squad is still a good one. The squad is not the main reason for why we failed this season I feel.

Last edited:

hardyboy

I want this to be our line-up next season. But seems impossible...

[formation=barca,6]
Ter Stegan
0-0-Pique-0-Umtiti-0-0
Bellarin-0-0-0-0-0-Alba
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
0-0-Busquets-0-Verratti-0-0
0-0-0-Messi-0-0-0
0-Dembele-0-0-0-Neymar-0
0-0-0-Suarez-0-0-0
[/formation]

Last edited:

Sorin

Barca dna :lol:

I remember how that went with Cesc. Hopefully if we do indeed bring Bellerin, that Barca dna kicks in or otherwise we are back to "genetic modifications"(i.e. splashing cash on another rb)

vlad

Barca dna :lol:

I remember how that went with Cesc. Hopefully if we do indeed bring Bellerin, that Barca dna kicks in or otherwise we are back to "genetic modifications"(i.e. splashing cash on another rb)

Thank god they didnt think about barca DNA when they signed best rb in history of the club

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
How would you rate that? I mean realistically.

I find it underwhelming to be honest. Would rather spend a lot of money on another midfielder and run the 4-3-3 than have Deulofeu as starting RW in a 4-2-3-1. I see where the club is coming from when or if they want to bring Deulofeu back, but it should be as a super-sub, rotation option.

I saw your post about Bellerin and you make some good points about his physicality and pace, but what I'm worried about is his technique. It's all great to have pace, but when he'll face teams defending deep, I'd prefer our RB having great close-control, decent dribbling ability and some creativity.

I don't see Bellerin doing well there. He can dribble players in open spaces using his pace effectively, but when he has little to work with, he'll need to keep the ball better and from what I've seen of him, he isn't very good there.

I see the comparison to Carvajal, but he's far better in those aspects of his game and a great crosser, while Bellerin is an awful crosser. The biggest complaint I see from Arsenal fans regarding him is actually his crossing.

I think there is better value on the market if we're going to empty our pockets for a RB. I like Nelson Semedo better, and then you have other options such as Sidibe too although I'm not his biggest fan.

Guys like Hysaj who's similar, but a much better crosser and a better passer IMO. Guess you can add Fabinho to the list as well.

I think we're buying too much into this Barca DNA thing again just because he was a former La Masia player, but it looks like Arsenal and Wenger sucked all that DNA away from him and instilled some English Football, London values instead.

I know that all of those RBs I mentioned could be a risk too, as the market is not great at the moment, but I'm worried about this nonetheless. Just don't want this to drag on the entire summer where Arsenal insist on not selling him while we lose out on one alternative after the other.

Cannot fail to replace Dani and sign a proper RB for the second season in a row. Especially when we've done the same in other positions and put our sporting project in jeopardy.

Home of Barca Fans