Barca Transfers and Rumors

Zincubus

Banned
Oh well, if he said that then there's nothing we can do.

Why the smart ass comment .... I'm just recycling something I heard from a knowledgable guy .

What the hell is the point of being in a forum to chat about Barca and football in general if we can't share what we've heard on the radio / read / seen on TV .

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
What is Balague basing that on?

Wages might be an issue, but Mascherano is leaving and so is Arda. Both earn a significant amount of money. Then a few others like Gomes and possibly Denis are going to leave too. There will be room to include both Griezmann and Coutinho's wages.

I think we'll end up signing four players. One forward, two midfielders and one CB. If Vermaelen manage to stay injury free and is okay with being a 4th/borderline 3rd option then perhaps we should keep him. Good to have some experience at the back and he's not on high wages either.

We're going to earn more than 70m in our new Nike Sponsorship deal kicking in from next year too. That's on top of the current deal so 70m+ in extra income.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Qualifies as short in my country, where the average male height is 1.78cm. He is a bit taller than Messi. Messi is listed at 1.70, Griezmann at 1.75.

For an attacker he isn't short at 1.75 cm, this way plenty of footballers are short, don't remember anyone calling David Villa short.
Won't talk about it from country perspective, although being 1 inch below average makes you having an average height IMo |(average male height is around 1.7M btw, some argue it is even shorter)

Last edited:

serghei

What is Balague basing that on?

Wages might be an issue, but Mascherano is leaving and so is Arda. Both earn a significant amount of money. Then a few others like Gomes and possibly Denis are going to leave too. There will be room to include both Griezmann and Coutinho's wages.

I think we'll end up signing four players. One forward, two midfielders and one CB. If Vermaelen manage to stay injury free and is okay with being a 4th/borderline 3rd option then perhaps we should keep him. Good to have some experience at the back and he's not on high wages either.

We're going to earn more than 70m in our new Nike Sponsorship deal kicking in from next year too. That's on top of the current deal so 70m+ in extra income.

I think you're optimistic. There's also a posibility of us winning some big titles this year, in which case the board might decide that the team is almost complete as it is, without needing for big reinforcements outside maybe one big transfer.

Givenchy

I think it depends alot on Suarez. if Dembele comes back and MSD work well i can see the board passing on Griezmann and going all in for Coutinho, giving Suarez one more year. who knows maybe another ST will emerge next season.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I think you're optimistic. There's also a posibility of us winning some big titles this year, in which case the board might decide that the team is almost complete as it is, without needing for big reinforcements outside maybe one big transfer.

Three then for sure.

One CB. One talented CM. One established WC one.

xXKonan

Balague may be a journalist but most of the time he's full of crap.

He either writes some of the Captain obvious articles or some of the stuff he writes ends up being the complete opposite of what he just had written. I doubt he has any real connections to the club. I mean like I said just because he's a "Journalist" doesn't mean he's accurate.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
So, when is Mina coming?
Guess with how we are running away with La Liga, signing a midfielder or forward this January is close to 0. And maybe it's for the best. All targets we could get look like half-measures.

Home of Barca Fans