Barca Transfers and Rumors

gr98

I try not to make conclusions based on few games. He (Deulefeu) was solid in USA and bad in super copa games. Like the rest of the team.
The thing with clubs like Barcelona is, that when you are a young player, you have a very narrow window of opportunity, where you can make an impact and establish
yourself as a solid first team player. This kind of preasure is not something that an average player, no matter how talented, can handle. And there are fans with FM mentality
who expect wonders and big impact right from the start. Remember Modric start in Madrid, where he was labeled as a worst signing of the year? Look at him now..
My point is, the young Barca based players deserve a solid season based chance before players like Di Maria, Arda and such.

Personaly i would prefer Perisic, if we are talking about mature players. He hasn t won anything and he didn t played on the highest level yet. Which means
he is hungry. And i like his game in both direction and his work rate.

Deulofeu wasn't called up for the US tour, he was recovering from his injury back in Barcelona :lol:

PhilS

There is so much negativity here about possibilities like adding Di Maria. Di Maria is the level of player who can win your team the very biggest games. The questions of whether he is young enough or consistent enough just seem totally out of touch given the level of play we have been seeing from the current Barca midfield and wingers. Help is needed, now. I welcome any world-class player the team might actually be able to land. Not fantasies, not wishful thinking, who can be added this month.

Albo

What bothers me is that we didn't sell any of our deadweight. Arda, Vermaelen, Douglas are still on the team.

Arda is by far the worst of those three. Douglas has a meme value and is our lucky mascot, Vermaelen absorbs the injuries of the whole squad to himself but Arda is just chilling on his lazy ass and playing with his Iphone like a sheep.

Thiago10

There is so much negativity here about possibilities like adding Di Maria. Di Maria is the level of player who can win your team the very biggest games. The questions of whether he is young enough or consistent enough just seem totally out of touch given the level of play we have been seeing from the current Barca midfield and wingers. Help is needed, now. I welcome any world-class player the team might actually be able to land. Not fantasies, not wishful thinking, who can be added this month.

We've had our share of short term thinking, if we continue down that path, we will be in trouble in 2 years time. Di Maria-Suarez-Messi would have to be replaced in 3 years time, and we're not rich enough to do that. Same problem in our MF by the way, our team is getting too old.

Also, Di Maria is a rat.

PhilS

What bothers me is that we didn't sell any of our deadweight. Arda, Vermaelen, Douglas are still on the team.

Arda, Munir, Samper and Douglas are being shopped. They will go to the best offer, or never leave the bench.

Vermaelen has not looked as bad, though of course he usually is not available. Given the lack of depth, I don't think he will leave unless another CB gets added.

Hektor

I try not to make conclusions based on few games. He (Deulefeu) was solid in USA and bad in super copa games. Like the rest of the team.
The thing with clubs like Barcelona is, that when you are a young player, you have a very narrow window of opportunity, where you can make an impact and establish
yourself as a solid first team player. This kind of preasure is not something that an average player, no matter how talented, can handle. And there are fans with FM mentality
who expect wonders and big impact right from the start. Remember Modric start in Madrid, where he was labeled as a worst signing of the year? Look at him now..
My point is, the young Barca based players deserve a solid season based chance before players like Di Maria, Arda and such.

Personaly i would prefer Perisic, if we are talking about mature players. He hasn t won anything and he didn t played on the highest level yet. Which means
he is hungry. And i like his game in both direction and his work rate.

What scared me about Delofeu was not his dribbling abilities but his lack of vision for the game. He doesn't know what to do or whom to pass the ball to. He takes the wrong choices and nothing comes out of his runs.

It is not that he is young and has to get experience. He played in Europe first division teams for two or three years already.

nepaslysk

Seri release clause 40m. Suggestions for Draxler 30m. Overall 70m? Am I stupid or why we cannot sign these two really good young players for good price and save some money for next season?

Judoman

What scared me about Delofeu was not his dribbling abilities but his lack of vision for the game. He doesn't know what to do or whom to pass the ball to. He takes the wrong choices and nothing comes out of his runs.

It is not that he is young and has to get experience. He played in Europe first division teams for two or three years already.

If he plays like in the supercopa matches in the next few months, i ll agree with you. I do think that we ll get another winger until the end of the transfer window, which should release the preasure from him a bit.

mssarm

I can't believe I'm saying this but we don't really need to sign anyone this season. Everyone we are trying to buy is crazy expensive and the market was weird this year. The only prominent move was Neymar transfer. I'm afraid we will spend the rest of 220M on guys like Paulinho. The board is desperate to get a star player to save their ass, but we might pay lot of money and get someone who's not going to work for us. When I look at the names of the potential transfers only Coutinho had consistent performance, the rest of the guys have price tag over 100M and we did not know who they were last year. I don't know if this board will survive another year, but our scouts and technical secretariat should be dismissed immediately because now we are trying to sign only star players, when Madrid is signing talented players. We were accusing Mardid being Galactico, now we are the galactico and we are doing the same as Madrid 5 years ago. As ridiculously it sounds but Barca is becoming Madrid and Madrid is becoming Barca. Now they play our style better than we can do, Zidane is their Guardiola and it looks like he is going to be equally successful trophy-wise. Bottom line: let's not make crazy buys, the season will be whatever will be, let's see if Valverde understands what he wants to do with this team, research the market for entire year and make smart buys next year.

Hektor

If he plays like in the supercopa matches in the next few months, i ll agree with you. I do think that we ll get another winger until the end of the transfer window, which should release the preasure from him a bit.

He might do better against lesser teams, though. We'll see what happens. He is the only true winger we have, at the moment. On the other hand, paying €150 mils for Dembélé is way too much, man. It is like we are playing with monopoly money.

Hektor

I can't believe I'm saying this but we don't really need to sign anyone this season. Everyone we are trying to buy is crazy expensive and the market was weird this year. The only prominent move was Neymar transfer. I'm afraid we will spend the rest of 220M on guys like Paulinho. The board is desperate to get a star player to save their ass, but we might pay lot of money and get someone who's not going to work for us. When I look at the names of the potential transfers only Coutinho had consistent performance, the rest of the guys have price tag over 100M and we did not know who they were last year. I don't know if this board will survive another year, but our scouts and technical secretariat should be dismissed immediately because now we are trying to sign only star players, when Madrid is signing talented players. We were accusing Mardid being Galactico, now we are the galactico and we are doing the same as Madrid 5 years ago. As ridiculously it sounds but Barca is becoming Madrid and Madrid is becoming Barca. Now they play our style better than we can do, Zidane is their Guardiola and it looks like he is going to be equally successful trophy-wise. Bottom line: let's not make crazy buys, the season will be whatever will be, let's see if Valverde understands what he wants to do with this team, research the market for entire year and make smart buys next year.

I completely agree with your assessment. I could not have said it better myself. However, we need or or two excellent players or we lose Messi. I though we signed Messi but these idiots did not, so far. Why would he sign with this board when he can get ~ € 200 mils in his transfer money alone. That s not chump change. If Messi was signed, it would be a different story.

Home of Barca Fans