Barca Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porque

My point was not to take Kvara now.
It is to find the Kvara of 2023 next summer that would cost 10m and will be a total bargain. Or the Alvarez of 2023, etc.
We don't have money and have Tebas on our shoulder.
One more reason to go that way.
I wanna see us risking with such low-cost transfers.
Besides, the 'sure' bets we are going for, like Raphinia, turn our not so great more frequently than not

I get you. We tried it in recent years:- Dest, Trincao, Abde, Todibo, Junior Firpo, Emerson, Yusuf Demir, Pedri

Mixed success, and it wasn't easy. If you ever read my posts in the B team forum, you will see that I have been calling for years for us to try and go for higher class prospects in the 10m range rather than unproven but cheaper punts that never work at >=5m.

I would say that Kvara is an exception rather than the norm though and we should have been more attentive to him and others through the Ukraine-Russia football fallout. Alot of talented players left and for less than their market situation because of the war. I think Madrid even got in and signed Vin?cius Tobias on loan for 2 years with a buy option.

For referene Tobias cost Shakhtar 6m and they then loaned him out 4 months later.

And there was a plethora of talented players who left and are leaving the country cheaply even outside of Kvara.

Porque

Keito Nakamura for the left wing anyone?

Also is this the same Nakamura we were heavily linked with finally opted for Abe?

Uff.

Messi983

What a year for our free transfers.

Garcia fail but Kessie and Christensen massive success.

Seems quality players are running their contracts down every season. This is where we need to continue living.

Tru

Should continue this summer trying to sign likes of NDicka, Kamada (there were reports he has signed with Dortmund but nothing confirmed yet AFAIK - If we'll continue to use 4 midfielders setup more we need another quality midfielder for rotation even if all current midfielders (well, Busi and Kessie are the only likely candidates to leave) will stay) and Marcus Thuram rather than Gundogan or Inigo.

We need more players in that 24-27 range entering their prime years who we can build around over next few years until younger players are still developing. Although I wouldn't be opposed signing Gundogan on a cheap 1-year contract. Signing Inigo doesn't make much sense to me after renewing Alonso who is basically our 4th choice (and left-footed) CB right now which is probably the role Inigo would be signed for. Prefer to go for the upside of NDicka who would give us options to play 3 atb more often or maybe be used as a more defensive LB to cover for offensive Balde.

Don't think it will happen but in theory I believe both Frankfurt players would be great signings. The same with Thuram although looks like we'll do our best to get Vitor Roque so don't think we'll seriously consider him.

Also, what in the world happened with Aouar? Looking at TM he had some smaller injuries but doesn't seem serious. Probably enough to affect his form though. He was linked to Betis since last summer and would be a good signing for them IMO but now seems to be close to Frankfurt (makes sense to replace Kamada) after apparently rejecting offers from EPL. Could be a good add to midfield rotation as well but probably prefers to be a starter somewhere else.

Porque

Tru

Should continue this summer trying to sign likes of NDicka, Kamada (there were reports he has signed with Dortmund but nothing confirmed yet AFAIK - If we'll continue to use 4 midfielders setup more we need another quality midfielder for rotation even if all current midfielders (well, Busi and Kessie are the only likely candidates to leave) will stay) and Marcus Thuram rather than Gundogan or Inigo.

We need more players in that 24-27 range entering their prime years who we can build around over next few years until younger players are still developing. Although I wouldn't be opposed signing Gundogan on a cheap 1-year contract. Signing Inigo doesn't make much sense to me after renewing Alonso who is basically our 4th choice (and left-footed) CB right now which is probably the role Inigo would be signed for. Prefer to go for the upside of NDicka who would give us options to play 3 atb more often or maybe be used as a more defensive LB to cover for offensive Balde.

Don't think it will happen but in theory I believe both Frankfurt players would be great signings. The same with Thuram although looks like we'll do our best to get Vitor Roque so don't think we'll seriously consider him.

Also, what in the world happened with Aouar? Looking at TM he had some smaller injuries but doesn't seem serious. Probably enough to affect his form though. He was linked to Betis since last summer and would be a good signing for them IMO but now seems to be close to Frankfurt (makes sense to replace Kamada) after apparently rejecting offers from EPL. Could be a good add to midfield rotation as well but probably prefers to be a starter somewhere else.

Agreed. Club is certainly all over these free agent pools but not easy to close all the projects with lack of free salary cap.

Btw, Cherki seems to be the most promising Lyon mid right now. Contract up in 2024, PSG lurking.

gasgas

Gundogan as a DM ??? Not sure I like the sound of that. Switch FDJ and Gundogan and you're good to go

......................ter stegen
Kounde...Araujo..Christensen..Balde
...............gundogan... de jong
Dembele.......pedri.........gavi
..................roque

vuji_31

This is what we need.

---Balde----Lewa----Rapinha---
-----Felix-----------Pedri-----
-------De Jong--Brozovic/?----
--- A.C.----Araujo---Kounde----

Bench: Gavi, Busi, Dembele, Inigo, Roque.

Sell: Fati, Ferret, Kessie (sorry), Abde, Nico, Garcia

Last edited:

Redbuck

This is what we need.

---Balde----Lewa----Rapinha---
-----Felix-----------Pedri-----
-------De Jong--Brozovic/?----
--- A.C.----Araujo---Kounde----

Bench: Gavi, Busi, Dembele, Inigo, Roque.

Sell: Fati, Ferret, Kessie (sorry), Abde, Nico, Garcia

That line up is shit. Balde isn't a left winger and we aren't getting either Felix or Brozovic. Try to be more realistic in terms of our transfer targets and then you can get a better line up.

soul24rage

---Villa----Messi----Pedro---
-----Iniesta-------Xavi-----
--------------Busi
Abidal-Puyol--Pique--Alves
-------------Valdes

vuji_31

Tell me you don't understand football, and tell me you didn't watch single Barca match this season...

For your information, we played 99% of matches this year in 3-2-2-3 formation.

Can't belive someone is posting posts like this and don't even watch the games.
You probably see lineup before match with visual representaion of 4-3-3, and think we play 4-3-3 LMAO.

Felix on loan, Kessie for Brozovic or something like that, and we are done.

I put Brozovic just from top of my mind, but we can try to get someone else, Broz likes to drink and party, it could cost us now when he is older and have injuries.

mc_lovin

We won't get Felix on loan though. I am also not sure he's a good fit at LW/LM or whatever position he's supposed to play.

vuji_31

It is basically more a CAM position, or left interior, so someone who is good with ball in the feet, who can dribble and create chances...

B.Silva, Felix, Wirtz, KDB type of players...

We are not looking for classic LW like Leao or Carrasco in my opinion.

Birdy

Tru

Agree in general, but I think we can't avoid Gundogan as a stopgap.
If we don't get Bernardo, we won't find someone with that technique, and it's what we need for the 4 md system that Gavi as pseudo LW is lacking right now
Kamada will opt for a team where he will be the protagonist anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans