Barca Transfers and Rumors

Barca is not just a good club. It's not about loyalty to Barca. Players simply want to advance in their careers. It's perfectly normal for some players to simply want to control their own path better. How do you do that? By not signing contract extensions if you're not yet at a club you see yourself long term at.
Sure, but right now I'm not seeing that special performance on the pitch from none of them. That's why these rumors are kinda pointless at the start of the season.

draconifire

NTC with a Positive attitude
Summer transfers IMO, if players are playing more or else the same for the whole season:-
Midfield -
Sell FDJ - We get a bit of money minus his wages.
Buy Kimmich - Free transfer, will earn less than Fdj, and is almost a similar replacement.

RB -
Kounde is top-class. I don't know why the forum shits on him, he's at least a top 5 RB currently.
Kimmich as an excellent backup. Two birds one stone, no transfer fees needed. Fort can stay as a third option.

CB -
Sell Christensen - Good player, but very injury-prone. His contribution to the CDM spot is not needed anymore by the team.
Buy Tah - Free, not an upgrade, but a sidegrade and better availability with rotations.
Kounde - with Kimmich on the team, Kounde can be played as a CB while Kimmich as an RB.
Renew Inigo - Has been playing phonemal for now. Araujo, Cubarsi, and Inigo gives us good enough defense for a top team.
With Garcia, we will have 6 players for 2 spots, that should be good enough depth for rotations

LB -
We need a better player than Balde. With how Flick uses the LB position we need a better attacking player. Some suggestions were given here, I can't say who should be the priority.
Buy Davies - Free, maybe hard to get because of the Madrid link, and might ask for a lot of money. He is not very good at defense, but he was the best under Flick, and maybe that might work.

Striker -
I don't believe Lewa will be performing the same come April. But will see about that.
A sensible option would be a player who can both play LW and ST. And not a high-profile one, so he can be used as a rotation player for 2025.
Sell Tuna - Get any fees doesn't matter, his wages are off the books so that's a bonus.
My dream scenario - We get a World class number 9, selling Tuna and FDJ will give us enough salary headroom to keep a player of that profile for a year where Lewa might still get more minutes. Maybe not feasible, but one can dream.
Keep Fati around, but will lower wages. He seems to be good enough as a rotation on LW.

Ideally get young players, if they poach from us we should also poach from them, right now Barca B is lacking and some ambitious players would definitely join.
With the current state of team this should be the longterm goal. Get the team back into Segunda.

In the short term some free transfers are good, but I'm not convinced of them really being starters and performing in big matches form their current form.

Joan

With the current state of team this should be the longterm goal. Get the team back into Segunda.
There are more knowledgeable people around on this but Segunda has never been the best option for Barça B in terms of production. Best development seems to happen in Tercera.

Get better players with less upside to stay competitive and your priorities shift.

khaled_a_d

Ideally get young players, if they poach from us we should also poach from them, right now Barca B is lacking and some ambitious players would definitely join.

In the short term some free transfers are good, but I'm not convinced of them really being starters and performing in big matches form their current form.

So, turning into BVB is your solution?
Barca has enough young players of their own, we can't keep getting young players to compete with young players.
And this is very inconsistent with your "loyalty" argument. You want us to poach young players, and expect them to have them any loyalty? Young players mostly follow money, or clear path to playing time. Neither of those we have abundance of

And God, please no with this Segunda thing.
Almost every club has their prospects suffered massively when they played in Segunda.
Barca B were joke in development players when it happens, by far the worst era in La Masia in past 35+ years.

Last edited:

serghei

Too many young players as it is. The gold is transfers like Inigo. He really is delivering spot on for the role he got signed. Need more of that. Players approaching 30s or slightly above but still capable of playing at a good level. Good leader material is a big factor. This season it is evident that Inigo has the structure of a leader.

As the dust settles, the only flops in the last 2-3 seasons are on young attackers end, Tuna and Vitor. The cheaper experienced free agents been delivering fine.

The entire defense needs 1-2 more players like that I think. One CB and one fullback. No point spending big money for defenders.

Andresito

Staff member
Kimmich would be great to add depth in midfield instead of Frenkie and provide backup at RB. Depending on how season unfolds with midfielders returning there might not be a clear spot for him, at least not one where he plays week in week out.

However his current salary would make him 2nd best earner at Barca after Lewandowski and he probably would like an increase on that aswell.

Need the earners at the top to be undisputed starters. Top 6 contains likes of Frenkie, Ansu and Ferran currently. What do we get in return by paying them that much?

Just realized Casado has some experience at RB. Perhaps with more people in midfield and Flick not being too sold on Fort, he will also have chances there when Kounde rests.

jamrock

You always have to keep recruiting young players looking for the next gem and what not, but the last thing the first team needs is more youngsters.

Need all the players we sign need to be ready from day 1.

Masia is already producing some of the best youngsters in the world.

jamrock

Sport is running their quarterly ETH is going all in for De Jong story.

If man utd are dumb enough to give him even more money, we would be the luckiest team in the world.

Home of Barca Fans