Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
Barcelona are continuing their search for defensive reinforcements. According to 'Catalunya Ràdio', one of the players on their hitlist is São Paulo's 20-year-old Brazilian centre-back Rodrigo Caio, who can also play in midfield.

Caio impressed Barça with his performances for his country's under-20 team at the Toulon Tournament and the Catalan club's technical secretary, Albert Valentín, has reportedly flown out to Brazil to run the rule over the youngster in league action. Given his youth, he fits the profile of some of the club's recent signings, as the 'Azulgranas' are conscious of the need to rejuvenate several areas of the squad.

Article from Marca.

F

Flavia

Don't forget the wrong Marquinhos debacle :lol:
Rac1 probably used to somewhat respected, but nowadays they're about as pathetic as your run-of-the-mill sports tabloid.

Not really. They did mess up the Marquinhos interview, but they're still better than the other catalan sources.

Trickykid

I know, but I'm not discarding this yet. It could very well be true. They are lingering to the "few cbs have what it takes to be a barça cb" mantra. So it could end up by signing Mathieu, and trust la masia. Ie is showing promise, so it could not be the worst idea. But with the upcoming ban, 2 cb's are really a must.

Obviously there are few people less trustworthy that Barto out there, but when he just a week or so ago AGAIN dares to promise at least 2 (I can't remember the precise wording) defenders coming, I chose to believe him. If he ends up botching this task, he'd be the laughing stock of the footballing world. So far I haven't seen any of the excuses and going back on promises that we've been so used to, and until we actually hear it from the board itself, I'll keep on believing.

But, yeah, let's keep the Zubi emotes rolling...

Tomchin

Rac1 also said deals for Koke, Mathieu, and others were close.
Don't think they reported that Koke was close. They did report that Mathieu was almost a done deal (at 12M) some weeks ago, but then again, a lot of respected journalists (including Ryan_Cule ;)) reported that back then.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Don't think they reported that Koke was close. They did report that Mathieu was almost a done deal (at 12M) some weeks ago, but then again, a lot of respected journalists (including Ryan_Cule ;)) reported that back then.

IIRC, they reported on there being good progress on a deal.

Obviously there are few people less trustworthy that Barto out there, but when he just a week or so ago AGAIN dares to promise at least 2 (I can't remember the precise wording) defenders coming, I chose to believe him. If he ends up botching this task, he'd be the laughing stock of the footballing world. So far I haven't seen any of the excuses and going back on promises that we've been so used to, and until we actually hear it from the board itself, I'll keep on believing.

Here's the quote: “At the very least we must replace Puyol. Two or three defenders are coming. The total number of signings to come isn’t certain but at least two for sure.”

Exactly. If there's anything that Bartomeu and the board want, it's to keep their jobs and to have a chance at winning reelection. If they want to have a sliver of a chance of accomplishing that, then they have to deliver on their promise to bring us 2-3 of the mythical central defenders we've been promised.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

But, yeah, let's keep the Zubi emotes rolling...

Zubi should have some credit this window. He brought MAtS, against a good part of the board who wanted a stupid chase for Courtois. He's not the one calling the shots, just doing what he's told. But his scouts are bad, except for the b team.

Bertus

We can scratch Hummels off the list apparently:

“Calm for all Dortmund fans. BVB boss Hans-Joachim Watzke revealed in ‘Welt on Sunday’ that fit again Marco Reus and world champion Mats Hummels are not for sale,” reads a report in Bild.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Wait, now I'm confused. Various members of this forum forum were attacking Zubi for not acting on Hummels signing for Man Utd for 20M? WHO TO BELIEVE?!?

Obviously Watzke is not a credible source because he is biased towards Dortmund and therefore should not be trusted. #InSportWeTrust :troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans