Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabby

I'm not too sure on Afellay. Lucho seems to like him, and he looks a lot better now than he did last season. Who knows, maybe he will become a good joker to have on the bench. I'd much rather see Song sold.

Me too. He used to be pretty amazing super sub and accepted the role coming off bench. Was good in the middle as well as in the wing. He was very fast too with great dribbling skills. He's not a youngster anymore, so better be here with a 30minutes role than trying in a new club and league. And let's face it, he wouldn't want to leave living in barcelona :D

sabby

It's remarkable how few rumors are surfacing of potential CB transfers aside from Mathieu. Unless the second CB they promised is already a sure thing and only awaiting contract details behind the scenes, we should be worried that a knee-jerk signing will soon follow in order to appease the Barca fans.

Haven't you heard ? Cuadrado/Blind is gonna be our 2nd CB :lol:

Pepe Silvia

I'm still scratching my head over the Cuadrado rumors, and as for Blind, wasn't it confirmed that he was only in Barcelona on vacation? It seems posters on here are better at scouting than Zubi is. It's beyond jokes, and the necessity of defensive reinforcements can't be stressed enough with an impending transfer ban. Barca supporters only want the team to do well and for the board to do its job, but instead the CB situation has been nonstop parody. I'm hopeful it will get sorted out and we will sign two CBs but it seems doing so without panic isn't something Barca board have the capacity to execute.

BarçAjax8

Based on last season's performances for me Bartra is the starter... whoever comes in will be competing with Pique.
Pique has been shaky and he'll need to step it up and become a leader now more than ever. If Pique & Bartra are on form then we have nothing to worry about for our starting CBs. We just need a CB who is on their heels and pushing them to be they're best... maybe Mathieu the Veteran and promoting Edgar Ie as the up-comer will work for that.

Our problem is the Right & Left Backs who leave our CBs so exposed. Dani will go down as the best RB this club has ever had, but his time is done. If Dani does stay then Mathieu will surely have to replace Jordi. We cannot continue with 2 attacking fullbacks. Maybe Mathieu is supposed to our new Abidal afterall?

Zincubus

Banned
I'm not too sure on Afellay. Lucho seems to like him, and he looks a lot better now than he did last season. Who knows, maybe he will become a good joker to have on the bench. I'd much rather see Song sold.

I'd be happy to see Song AND Pedro leave tbh and Afelley to stay .

Zincubus

Banned
It's remarkable how few rumors are surfacing of potential CB transfers aside from Mathieu. Unless the second CB they promised is already a sure thing and only awaiting contract details behind the scenes, we should be worried that a knee-jerk signing will soon follow in order to appease the Barca fans.

I'm wondering if an online petition signed by thousands of us demanding a couple of top CBs would do some good ..,

Trickykid

The worst thing is, that Mascherano who is a midfielder, is a better defender than mathieu who is a defender

No, the sad thing is that you and various other people believe that. I guess it just goes to show that you don't know the first thing about football.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
Me too. He used to be pretty amazing super sub and accepted the role coming off bench. Was good in the middle as well as in the wing. He was very fast too with great dribbling skills. He's not a youngster anymore, so better be here with a 30minutes role than trying in a new club and league. And let's face it, he wouldn't want to leave living in barcelona :D

I will always remember him for coming off the bench and assisting to Messi's first goal against RM back in 2011. That goal was so important, especially under the circumstances. When he can contribute to that big a game, he merits a place a in our squad. That is of course, if he can get properly back in form, but so far, it looks promising. I just hope that he's over his injuries.

Tomchin

The worst thing is, that Mascherano who is a midfielder, is a better defender than mathieu who is a defender
And you base that on what exactly?

The Mathieu-hatred here is getting beyond annoying. The price is too high, agreed, but if Valencia dont want to sell, then we need to pay his buy-out, as simply as that.

I for one am very happy that we'll sign Mathieu, and not a makeshift cb like Blind.

BerkeleyBernie

he looks a lot better now than he did last season.

:lol: Based on what? The 4 minutes he played in La Liga and the 22 minutes he played in the Copa?

Don't get me wrong, I like Afellay quite a lot, and looked fine to me for those 26 minutes; frankly would rather have seen him on the pitch than Neymar (Afellay has much smoother passing and ball control and retention), but you know that ain't gonna happen. Just saying I think he looked fine last year, and looks fine this year, based on the few minutes we've gotten to see him play. The question is who goes to bench to put Afellay on the pitch? Far too good a player to rot on the bench again, but maybe Lucho sees a use for him. He certainly adds some height to the attack (about the same as Suarez).

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
:lol: Based on what? The 4 minutes he played in La Liga and the 22 minutes he played in the Copa?

Don't get me wrong, I like Afellay quite a lot, and looked fine to me for those 26 minutes; frankly would rather have seen him on the pitch than Neymar (Afellay has much smoother passing and ball control and retention), but you know that ain't gonna happen. Just saying I think he looked fine last year, and looks fine this year, based on the few minutes we've gotten to see him play. The question is who goes to bench to put Afellay on the pitch? Far too good a player to rot on the bench again, but maybe Lucho sees a use for him. He certainly adds some height to the attack (about the same as Suarez).
Yes, based on the few minutes he got. He looked absolutely horrible and out of form in those games, I don't know why he looked fine to you, but now he seems to have gotten over it. I didn't have anything else to base my judgment on and I honestly thought that he wouldn't recover properly from those injuries, so I'd like him getting a chance to prove his worth rather than selling him on. I still think he can add something to the team.

I can't see him as a starter at all, that's why I'd like him as a squad player. Pedro is toothless half the time, Deulofeu is still young and inconsistent and players like Adama, Munir, etc. are too inexperienced (they will still get a lot of playing time under Lucho). Who would you put on to change the game, if our wings were having a mare? Of course, it depends on how the match develops, but I'd love to have Afellay as a possibility. No doubt he is too good for the bench, and I wouldn't hold it against him, if he wants to play every week elsewhere. I just see him as an ideal squad player for our team due to his versatility and ability.

Egert

Estonian Culé
Valencia defender Mathieu, who flew with his team to Madrid, won't board the plane to Peru. He said goodbye to his teammates in Madrid. [as]

Barcelona and Valencia have a deal on Mathieu. 20M transfer fee, 10M paid now, 10M instalments. Deal will be announced today. [as]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans