Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bertus

Today news from MD is mostly old news:

• - About Marquinhos, they think it worths waiting to sign him
  • - Marquinhos is Barcelona top priority in their CBs list (i bet Marcos is the only one on that list)
  • - According to MD, it worths to wait because Barcelona has no other choice.
  • - But then MD goes about saying that there's nothing new so far.
  • - PSG didn't move an iota from its choice to not sell Marquinhos.
  • - Then MD reminds its readers that Blanc said Marcos is the future of the club alongside Verratti, Digne, Lucas, Aurier etc.
  • - Finally they say it's not dead because there are "lots" of reasons to believe PSG will sell Marquinhos.
  • - In fact they talk about the same old reasons they posted 1000 times already.
  • - PSG needs to sell Marcos because of the FFP
  • - Or they believe that as soon as TS and DL will be back, Marquinhos will start to put pressure on PSG and force his way out.

ivan_barca

The only way a 3 defender set up with Cuadrado will work is with mascherano as a defensive screen. Something similar to this :

------------------Suarez-----------------
------Neymer----------Messi------Cuadrado

-------Iniesta/Rakitic---------Busi/Rakitic---

------------------Mascherano----------------

---------Mathieu-----Pique---------Bartra----

A little bit too offensive,but good to smash teams 5-0 at home...

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
The only way a 3 defender set up with Cuadrado will work is with mascherano as a defensive screen. Something similar to this :

------------------Suarez-----------------
------Neymer----------Messi------Cuadrado

-------Iniesta/Rakitic---------Busi/Rakitic---

------------------Mascherano----------------

---------Mathieu-----Pique---------Bartra----

So a 3-3-1-3?

PhilS

So right now I think there is 1 transfer left this summer and it is either Marquinhos or Cuadrado.

The club has added one quality player at forward, midfield and CB, plus two starter-quality keepers. I think management has already accomplished its list of essential transfers in.

I think they would still be quite willing to add both Cuadrado and either Marquinhos or similar-level CB. Or neither, if impossible or grossly overpriced.

King5Puyi

What's this about miranda rumors by sport being linked at many places.
According to the rumor, Miranda's agents have contacted Barcelona's sporting director, Zubizarreta, regarding a possible transfer. The conversation allegedly went well, with the player expressing his wish of moving to the Camp Nou next season, and his willingness to help Barça negotiate his exit from Atlético Madrid.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
The rumors are from Sport, and even if they're true, I doubt very much that Atleti would budge from Miranda's 30M euro buyout clause.

L

linetty

What's this about miranda rumors by sport being linked at many places.
According to the rumor, Miranda's agents have contacted Barcelona's sporting director, Zubizarreta, regarding a possible transfer. The conversation allegedly went well, with the player expressing his wish of moving to the Camp Nou next season, and his willingness to help Barça negotiate his exit from Atlético Madrid.
Sport is the source? I don't even bother to read.

King5Puyi

But if it is to be true at all, wouldn't a 30M Miranda be better than a 40M Marquinhos for immediate impact onto the team? He's almost 30 himself I guess.

Tomchin

But if it is to be true at all, wouldn't a 30M Miranda be better than a 40M Marquinhos for immediate impact onto the team? He's almost 30 himself I guess.
Zubi nearly got crucified for buying Mathieu for 20M, so you could imagine what the reactions would be if we signed Miranda (who's only 1y younger) for 30M ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans