Status
Not open for further replies.

Bertus

Btug_WBIEAE2Mph.jpg

:lol:
:lol:

Bertus

New contract and better salary for Marquinhos according to Globo

• - According to the brazilian media Globo, Barcelona really did send a new offer to PSG about Marquinhos.
  • - Barcelona offered 43M euros to PSG.
  • - Nasser al-Khelaifi said no.
  • - Giuliano Bertolucci, Marquinhos' agent, met with PSG board.
  • - Since PSG refuses to sell Marquinhos to Barcelona, he asked to the parisian club to match the salary that was offered to Marquinhos and 1 more year in his contract.
  • - If accepted by the board, Marquinhos would be tied to PSG till 2019.

PaulTaylor

New contract and better salary for Marquinhos according to Globo

• - According to the brazilian media Globo, Barcelona really did send a new offer to PSG about Marquinhos.
  • - Barcelona offered 43M euros to PSG.
  • - Nasser al-Khelaifi said no.
  • - Giuliano Bertolucci, Marquinhos' agent, met with PSG board.
  • - Since PSG refuses to sell Marquinhos to Barcelona, he asked to the parisian club to match the salary that was offered to Marquinhos and 1 more year in his contract.
  • - If accepted by the board, Marquinhos would be tied to PSG till 2019.

would be good if he made them put in a buy out clause if he really does want to join Barcelona in the future save PSG refusing to sell

puyolman

Hi,

I noticed a lot of people being against the signing of cuadrado, I was of the same opinion at first as he is quite expensive, not a real right back and we do not need him as a right winger. Although after thinking for some time on how we could possibly line up with him I came to some good line ups imo.
What would you think of the below and would you consider it as a good line up to possibly convince you cuadrado would be a good signing ?
(perhaps alves could be used in a same way though if LE can motivate him enough to really fight for it this year)

------------------------------------mats---------------------------------
-------------------bartra--------------pique--------------mathieu--------
cuadrado------------------------------------------------------------------
---^--------------------------busquets----------------------------------
----^--------------rakitic------------------------iniesta--------------------
-----^---------------------------------------------------------------
------^--------------------messi-----------------------------------
-------^---------------------------------neymar-------------------
--------------------------suarez----------------------------------

(We could do the same with alba on the left, and then I think it would be nice if in such line up we could have marquinhos on the right)
So basically just a 433 with 1 very offensive full back and the other 3 remaining as 3 CB's.
Whenever we need to defend, cuadrado needs to fall back to assist in defence as he will still have his defensive tasks while when attacking also having a lot of possibility to go forward knowing we still have 3 at the back to hold off any counters.
(against smaller teams or when we need to push for a goal you can field alba & cuadrado)

other option :
-----------------------------mats-------------------------------
------bartra--------------pique-----------------mathieu-------
----------------mascherano----------busquets-------------------
--cuadrado------------------------------------------iniesta-----
-----------------------------messi---------------------------------
---------------suarez-------------------neymar-------------------

The above I did read several times as an option LE may want to field.
Not sure if you consider this as a more or less attacking formation than the earlier 433 ?

Bertus

would be good if he made them put in a buy out clause if he really does want to join Barcelona in the future save PSG refusing to sell
Can't.

Buyout/release clauses or any kind of clauses of the sort, are stricly forbidden in France.

That's why no PSG's players have any clause.

That's one of the rare good points of the rules and laws related to football here in France.

That said, beside that there are many bad points, for example the taxes are absurdly high here in France.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Since when are we a club that buys other clubs old players? Mathieu, and now Agger?

Mathieu and Agger are solid defensive reinforcements. And it allows Barca youth, like Bartra, to have a chance of cementing a starting berth for themselves.

It's not like there was anybody else we could have bought, is there?

None of Hummels, Subotic, or Sokratis will leave Dortmund this summer. Roma isn't going to let go of Benatia. Howedes, besides being technically limited, came from Schalke's youth system and now captains the side. De Vrij is younger than Bartra and despite his solid showing at the World Cup, is very unproven. We tried to buy Marquinhos, but PSG doesn't want to let him go. Vertonghen is about to sign a new deal. Vermaelen is meh. Who else is there?

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If we really offered 43m for Marquinhos.... :lol:

Hopefully they will stop chasing him now. Hopefully.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Surely we could get Godin if money isn't an issue for us

His buyout is in the upper 30s. Initially I'd have agreed with you, but then I was reminded of this:

goind-reaction-to-messi-s-injury-o.gif

If he wants to come here, though, then I don't think I'd have a problem with the club getting him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans