Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trickykid

I mean that I'd rather pay 40M for Marquinhos than get Agger even if he was available for free because he is extremely injury prone and not that good really.

Marcos is only 20 and is already considered a top player.

Marquinhos considered a top player? By whom? Good, young prospect, but far, far from a top CB right now.

Between the two, Agger is the better player right now.

Crixus

If it's true that we're after Agger for 15m i would be happy if he came but i'd rather to put some more money and try to sign Subotic 22m would bring him to the Camp nou .

Last edited:

Alarcón

The Marquinhos bashing is now at a point where people who never saw Marquinhos play seriously think Edgar Ié is better than him...

Paganinisrvnge

Marquinhos has loads of potential but 40 million maybe more for potential is absurd. He's played a season and a half at a high level and people act like he's as good as Hummels. If we got him for a decent price cool but for around the same price we could get a much better CB that's already proven.

zanela

Agger over Miranda???

You are joking, right?

Miranda was one of the top 5 defenders in the world last season. I don't think Agger has ever been that good. Agger is injury prone and hasn't logged too many minutes with Skrtel and Sakho as competition.

Miranda any day. Its a no brainer.

I'm not joking. Miranda was one of the top 5 defenders last season in a low block defense. He doesn't exactly excel at any particular aspect, nor is he an upgrade on anything we currently have. If we're looking at bringing a CB from AM, it has to be Diego Godin, who is more versatile as shown during his time under Pellegrini, when he had Gonzalo Rodríguez as his CB partner.
Agger is a competent defender, bigger, more mobile, superior on the ball, and quite capable from long range. He fits our style better.

So yes, Agger any day, for me. :wave:

Well, OK, if you put it like that...

:lol:

You should know by now that for linetty any player our club seriously follows (and then signs) automatically becomes a top player. How he rolls. :p

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I'm not joking. Miranda was one of the top 5 defenders last season in a low block defense. He doesn't exactly excel at any particular aspect, nor is he an upgrade on anything we currently have. If we're looking at bringing a CB from AM, it has to be Diego Godin, who is more versatile as shown during his time under Pellegrini, when he had Gonzalo Rodríguez as his CB partner.
Agger is a competent defender, bigger, more mobile, superior on the ball, and quite capable from long range. He fits our style better.

So yes, Agger any day, for me. :wave:

I'd also say that, since Agger and Miranda are both the same age, Agger for 12-15M euros is a better deal than Miranda for 30M+taxes. But if we want an Atletico defender for first choice then it has to be Diego Godin. If we want a fourth choice then Jose Gimenez from Atleti is a good choice too.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
I'd rather get Marquinhos on youth and upside alone, but Agger at a reasonable price is not a bad deal either. Player has some injury concerns but IMO he is underrated. If he can get the injury issues under control, he could be a solid squad player.

I

instinct

Gimenez looked good vs Italy but I doubt that Atletico would let him leave for an adequate price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans