Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

psychotsek

Well we spent almost 50m on Mathieu,Vermaelen and Bravo.I think we could easily get Konscielny and K.Navas for the same amount of money..

Trickykid

So, let's see here...

Van Bronckhorst: great
Overmars: flop
Petit: flop
Hleb: flop
Henry: adequate
Cesc: flop
Song: flop
Vermaelen: pending...

Did I miss anyone?
What a terrible trackrecord in any case.

L

linetty

Most English sources I read said 15 million pounds, which equals roughly 19 million euros. So, which sources to believe?
All english sources said we paid 75M pounds for Suarez and we paid 80M euros. Anwser the question yourself ;)

BigBarcaBoy

paying over the odds again, hope Vermaelen can stay fight and show some of what he showed at Ajax and his early career at Arsenal

L

linetty

Barcelona source: "Wenger didn't want to talk with Man United, that was crucial. Van Gaal had raised their bid for Vermaelen to 19M." [pais]

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
TBH though. Even if we have overpaid for the two CB we have got in this window we now have 4 recognised CBs with a possible cover if worst came to worst in Mascherano and some good B team defenders. Obviously its not the Hummels/Benatia everyone wanted but we have added height, strength, pace and versatility that we needed in the back line.

Plus we have got one of the worlds best players for our frontline, a top young goalkeeper who could be our No1 for years to come, another goalkeeper who was one of the best at the world cup as a backup and one of the leagues best midfielders outside us and Madrid.

On top of that we have cleaned out some of the dead wood that has been hanging around with another couple to be shipped out.

Overall a very good transfer window for us IMO.

SeloBarca

So, let's see here...

Van Bronckhorst: great
Overmars: flop
Petit: flop
Hleb: flop
Henry: adequate
Cesc: flop
Song: flop
Vermaelen: pending...

Did I miss anyone?
What a terrible trackrecord in any case.

Ibrahimobitch
TBH though. Even if we have overpaid for the two CB we have got in this window we now have 4 recognised CBs with a possible cover if worst came to worst in Mascherano and some good B team defenders. Obviously its not the Hummels/Benatia everyone wanted but we have added height, strength, pace and versatility that we needed in the back line.

Plus we have got one of the worlds best players for our frontline, a top young goalkeeper who could be our No1 for years to come, another goalkeeper who was one of the best at the world cup as a backup and one of the leagues best midfielders outside us and Madrid.

On top of that we have cleaned out some of the dead wood that has been hanging around with another couple to be shipped out.

Overall a very good transfer window for us IMO.

To bad we wont be able to get any other defenders for 2 years if this doubtful one fails

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans