Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

i_bleed_blaugrana

Oscar needs to play as a trequartista to be at his best but Mou usually stuck him out on the wing. Why managers play him out wide is beyond me but Oscar is quality, he's just a bit low on form and he made the mistake of going to Chelsea. Him at Milan or Juve where he can play in his natural role and next thing you know, people start begging for Barça to sign Oscar...

Arda is great for the short term and as long as Lucho is successful, I'm sure Arda will be great here. I'd just rather we spend money on a player who can be world class for the club for over 5 years.

Zincubus

Banned
Oscar needs to play as a trequartista to be at his best but Mou usually stuck him out on the wing. Why managers play him out wide is beyond me but Oscar is quality, he's just a bit low on form and he made the mistake of going to Chelsea. Him at Milan or Juve where he can play in his natural role and next thing you know, people start begging for Barça to sign Oscar...

Arda is great for the short term and as long as Lucho is successful, I'm sure Arda will be great here. I'd just rather we spend money on a player who can be world class for the club for over 5 years.

Perfect post on every point .

As regards Oscar , he's simply being stifled by Jose and his career has basically stalled .

The same thing happened to the the inigma that was Joe Cole . Joe had the world at his feet but chose Chelsea instead of Man United despite knowing that Fergie had tried to sign him every year since he was 15 years old !

Jose wouldn't give him his free role ( in the hole ) but made him into an effective team player - usually out in the left midfield --- biggest waste of talent of his generation .

Last edited:

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!

AFAIK, Oscar has always played attacking midfielder for Chelsea. I've never seen him on the wing tbh.

i_bleed_blaugrana

True, Vidal would be a pretty good fit for the right side though.

I think that's why Lucho demanded Arda, he can complement either Rakitic or Iniesta. Rakitic-Arda is more the defensive pair and Arda overall is better defensively than Iniesta but not as good as Rakitic but the Arda-Iniesta combo is what I'm looking forward to watching. Arda can keep the ball as well as Xavi, just in a more robust way by using his quick feet and strength instead of his vision and passing (the way Xavi kept the ball) and both togethet would be hard for opponents to handle.

I expect to see Arda through the center much more than either Alves or Aleix's position, unless Lucho goes with a 3 back system:

[formation=barca,6]
Bravo/Ter Stegen
0-0-0-Piqué-0-0-0
0-Bartra-0-0-0-Mathieu-0
0-0-Mascherano/Rakitic-0-Busi-0-0
Arda-0-0-0-0-0-Alba
0-Messi-0-0-0-Neymar-0
0-0-0-Suarez-0-0-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
[/formation]

Love to see this sort of setup in away La Liga games for example.

Last edited:

anguy

So what's the price? The figures seen in article are for pre buy rights on some talents, but how much are we going to pay for him?

xXKonan

One of the Articles I've read awhile it go in total it might be 21-25 Million? or so. I think we also have First option on Marlon Santos who's a Center Back.

Zincubus

Banned
A soccer agent speaking on the radio said that a personal terms have as good as been agreed between ManU and Pedro and just need to negotiate with Barca . He reckoned their wouid be developments in the coming days .

Apparently Busquets has also commented on Pedro's exit saying that he wants his friend to stay but understands that he wants to play first team football ...

xXKonan

Barcelona see Juventus forward Fernando Llorente (30) as an alternative in case Pedro leaves this summer. [sport] :zubi:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans