Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

anguy

Vidal was a RM in Sevilla but can't remember when he played as RW.

He was an RW in 4-2-3-1 formation. Right wingers in 4-2-3-1 are almost never described as right midfielders and they have more in common with forwards than midfielders. Vidal played most often the same position as Deulofeu in Sevilla and I never heard someone calling Deulofeu a midfielder.

€25m?! Oh come on.

Yeah, it would be stupid purchase, especially when he can't play for us half of the season. I don't get the rush, really. Why buy all these players now, not next summer? I understand the Gerson transfer - if he is really talented his price could go up in one year big time. But there's no need to buy established players NOW.

Last edited:

xXKonan

Lucho probably "wants" Abdennour, as a Replacement for Adriano. but Abdennour is a Left Footed CB, and never has played as a Fullback to my understanding, I think Lucho is either still not sure of Vermaleon and he sees Mathieu has a LB backup for Alba and not only that Abdennour is 25/26 years old.

Gerson is a prospect he's only 18, but my worry is if we end up getting him he won't get a lot of playing time. theirs no way he will be bought to be played on the B team it sounds like if this is true he will be most likely be loaned out for a bit to Develop and eventually return here.

Theirs a lot of people against this transfer though as it would "Ruin La Masia" or take a spot on the team away from a promising talent like Samper,Halilović,Rafinha etc.

xXKonan

Roma will withdraw their bid for Fluminense midfielder Gerson (18). Barcelona are expected to sign the player for 12M in coming days [sport]

i_bleed_blaugrana

RIP Bartra.

RIP Halilovic.

RIP La Masia.

And it begins...

247C3B5600000578-0-image-a-34_1435407897590.jpg

What? Two weeks into it and I'm already over it...

Last edited:

anguy

RIP Bartra.

RIP Halilovic.

RIP La Masia.

And it begins...

You realize that Halilovic himself was bought for 8 mil? So was Denis Suarez, both played just one season in Barca system, both had promotion clauses inserted into their cotracts. Both were similar purchases like Gerson, just 50% cheaper, so there's nothing new, really.

i_bleed_blaugrana

TBF they are not good enough. None of them has the potential to be a starter. mostly bench players

I strongly disagree with Bartra. We will be begging for him in 2-3 years when Mascherano begins to slow down.

I'm not saying Abdennour isn't a good signing, but my biggest thing with him is that he can be temperamental sometimes and lose his head. He gave up two penalties in one game for Monaco last season because he got too wound up by the opposition and especially against Madrid, we need cool heads at the back.

Bartra's performances during the regular season for the last two seasons have for the most part been solid and he made a lot of strides last season with the time he did get.

Another CB unless we are dumping Vermalen will further limit any chance of him succeeding here. He's had a tough start here but he has hung tough and improved and I don't think it's fair to say he's not first team material because he got burned in a pre season game against a more fit Hazard, easily one of the best players in the world. He had excellent showings last season in La Liga when it mattered.

As with Halilovic, he's certainly not ready for the first team but he in particular is a good case of the failure of how we are managing our youth development. We keep buying talented young players from other teams when they are late in their development, throwing them into our B squad for a season and then see if they can figure it out quick enough to be in the first team?

Halilovic, Denis Suarez, possibly Gerson now, these are all players who will just float nebulously on loan and in between the first and second team. And it's a waste if none of them make into the first team and we sell them away for peanuts like Deulofeu and Thiago.

The difference is during Pep's time, he knew how to bleed in our younger players and knew when to put them in situations where they could succeed. Granted they weren't all like Pedro and Busquets, there was always Muniesa's heartbreaking red card and the plateauing of Bojan but they at least got a real chance to make it.

All I'm saying is give the players an actual chance to succeed, then if it's clear they aren't ready, sell them and replace them with the players Lucho wants and start from scratch with La Masia.

The first half of the season is a good chance to truly examine whether or not our youth players are ready, so why make any more signings until January when we can sell and buy who we want?

i_bleed_blaugrana

You realize that Halilovic himself was bought for 8 mil? So was Denis Suarez, both played just one season in Barca system, both had promotion clauses inserted into their cotracts. Both were similar purchases like Gerson, just 50% cheaper, so there's nothing new, really.

Yes I'm quite aware, sorry had a really long post.

This also goes without saying the curious case of Sergi Samper, who can't get a look into the first team to save his life, and who knows why.

His exclusions during the US tour were troubling to say the least.

G

Gasgas

I strongly disagree with Bartra. We will be begging for him in 2-3 years when Mascherano begins to slow down.

I'm not saying Abdennour isn't a good signing, but my biggest thing with him is that he can be temperamental sometimes and lose his head. He gave up two penalties in one game for Monaco last season because he got too wound up by the opposition and especially against Madrid, we need cool heads at the back.

Bartra's performances during the regular season for the last two seasons have for the most part been solid and he made a lot of strides last season with the time he did get.

Another CB unless we are dumping Vermalen will further limit any chance of him succeeding here. He's had a tough start here but he has hung tough and improved and I don't think it's fair to say he's not first team material because he got burned in a pre season game against a more fit Hazard, easily one of the best players in the world. He had excellent showings last season in La Liga when it mattered.

As with Halilovic, he's certainly not ready for the first team but he in particular is a good case of the failure of how we are managing our youth development. We keep buying talented young players from other teams when they are late in their development, throwing them into our B squad for a season and then see if they can figure it out quick enough to be in the first team?

Halilovic, Denis Suarez, possibly Gerson now, these are all players who will just float nebulously on loan and in between the first and second team. And it's a waste if none of them make into the first team and we sell them away for peanuts like Deulofeu and Thiago.

The difference is during Pep's time, he knew how to bleed in our younger players and knew when to put them in situations where they could succeed. Granted they weren't all like Pedro and Busquets, there was always Muniesa's heartbreaking red card and the plateauing of Bojan but they at least got a real chance to make it.

All I'm saying is give the players an actual chance to succeed, then if it's clear they aren't ready, sell them and replace them with the players Lucho wants and start from scratch with La Masia.

The first half of the season is a good chance to truly examine whether or not our youth players are ready, so why make any more signings until January when we can sell and buy who we want?

bartra is not starting material, period. if masche slows down we will probably buy a good CB we could use. bartra is simply not good enough as a strater and he is no longer a young player. he will turn 25 mid season, that cant be called youth player anymore.
they have been regular because he has been played against inferior teams most of the time.

and this is one thing i believe, you are not good enough you go, better players come and take your place. it happened with pedro and it may need to happen to bartra as well. he doesnt seem to be learning as far as his weaknesses and he is not even very good in his areas of strength. it is not about being burnt by hazard in preseason, it is about him lacking that 'it' factor to start for us. i dont see bartra as a starter in 5 years to come, and we are a team in quest for trophies

and bartra has had his chances, enough for us to see where he stands

abdennour looks good and temper is something that can be dealt with but i will not focus on him now. all i know is bartra is not starting eleven material and he wont be so out of nowhere at age 25

JamDav1982

This also goes without saying the curious case of Sergi Samper, who can't get a look into the first team to save his life, and who knows why.

Why did Pep not give more chances to Barta When it was the one area of the team in his time that the club had openings in.

Pep never gave young players minutes just to see them develop he gave them chances when he thought they were good enough options.

Why did Pep not make Bojan his CF rather than buy Ibra or Villa.

I think people look back on Peps time with rose tinted specs as to how much emphasis he put on youth players.

G

Gasgas

he doesnt fit lucho's requirement. you don't fit the profile the coach needs you dont play. it is usually that way.

i_bleed_blaugrana

Why did Pep not give more chances to Barta When it was the one area of the team in his time that the club had openings in.

Pep never gave young players minutes just to see them develop he gave them chances when he thought they were good enough options.

Why did Pep not make Bojan his CF rather than buy Ibra or Villa.

I think people look back on Peps time with rose tinted specs as to how much emphasis he put on youth players.

Dude, Bartra was like 19 when he came into the first team. He still had Puyol, a young Pique, Muniesa and Fontas. As usual, you completely miss the point of my post and twist my words.

"Why did Pep not make Bojan his CF rather than buy Ibra or Villa..." He sold Henry and Yaya Toure to give a spot to Pedro and Busquets, I'm not rose tinting anything.

I'm not suggesting all of our youth players should bench our first team, like at all, and I have no idea where you get that from my posts.

But there is no reason why we can't rotate our first team players for our youth players in low risk games and in sub situations to gauge their ability to be a factor.

JamDav1982

Dude, Bartra was like 19 when he came into the first team. He still had Puyol, a young Pique, Muniesa and Fontas. As usual, you completely miss the point of my post and twist my words.

"Why did Pep not make Bojan his CF rather than buy Ibra or Villa..." He sold Henry and Yaya Toure to give a spot to Pedro and Busquets, I'm not rose tinting anything.

I'm not suggesting all of our youth players should bench our first team, like at all, and I have no idea where you get that from my posts.

But there is no reason why we can't rotate our first team players for our youth players in low risk games and in sub situations to gauge their ability to be a factor.

Barta was twenty one when Pep left, Samper is a year younger now.

Having Pique and Puyol ahead of him matters little as when they were injured Pep resorted to playing CMs at CB not Muniesa or Fontas so that makes three young CBs Pep never trusted to play with Bartra being one of them.

Pep only sold Henry when he was well past his best and Toure when Busquets was the better player. You make it sound like he got rid of prime Henry and Toure as a first team starter.

As I said Pep only made those decisions when the likes of Busi and Pedro were better than the alternatives.

V

vigneshFCB

As JamDav says, Busquets and Pedro were BETTER than Toure and Henry. Hence, Pep logically put them in as starters. Also, Samper is younger than Bartra was when Pep left in 2012. Pep did not trust Bojan and bought in big names even though Bojan clearly had potential (just as Samper has potential right now). Pep is a great coach, but please keep your line of argument consistent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans