Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Pogba level? Playing in one position and having one good season?

Roberto bosses it in 4-5 positions in freaking Barca. Pogba would look a lost clown here and nevermind his primadonna attitude when he losses his toys and Juve struggles.

F

Flavia

Bob would only need to hire raiola to be hyped out of oblivion. Hopefully he won't do that.

xXKonan

[tw]691747847822295042[/tw]

Original Tweet.

[tw]691746844087599106[/tw]

Sounds like we made a final offer and we won't increase the bid.

Barcilliant

I think when watching us now, our midfield isn't as capable as they used to be. There's not enough creativity or ability in the passing area, hence why Messi always has to come back and do it himself! I think we need players there that can do this consistently every match like 5-6 years ago! That's why I think we need someone like Pogba just to add that extra bit of quality.

This Barça is set up differently. That's all. We play more direct and Iniesta's role is different to Pep era. We have plenty of creativity in Arda, Iniesta and Messi.
Are you telling me Pogba is more creative then the above mentioned?
Pogba is a terrific player but he's too expensive.

Barcilliant

We seem high on stones but Everton are going to demand at least 50-60 million.

Stones is a poor man's Pique and wouldn't even compliment Pique well. We need a Puyol time. A tough tackling no nonsense defender.
Plus he's English which means he won't learn the language. Gareth Bale anyone?

xXKonan

We are likely going after a Forward,CB,LB in the summer.

And reading the current offer for Nolito... yeah there's no way Celta will accept our Final offer 3 Million upfront to get Nolito on Loan+Option to buy in the Summer+a Penalty clause if we don't. Not a good deal at all for Celta as they would loan out their best player for Peanuts with a dumb promise of "Hey don't worry we will buy him in the summer!"

Celta made it pretty clear with the "Pay the 18 million euro Buyout fee and he's yours"

rixxer

We are likely going after a Forward,CB,LB in the summer.

And reading the current offer for Nolito... yeah there's no way Celta will accept our Final offer 3 Million upfront to get Nolito on Loan+Option to buy in the Summer+a Penalty clause if we don't. Not a good deal at all for Celta as they would loan out their best player for Peanuts with a dumb promise of "Hey don't worry we will buy him in the summer!"

Celta made it pretty clear with the "Pay the 18 million euro Buyout fee and he's yours"

It depends, mostly on the Celta's financial situation. I really do not expect anybody to pay for Nolito's release clause in the summer- he is 29 and only clubs who can afford that kind of money are in EPL, but it is really debatable that he fits there. Doubt is there if you consider how Pedro has actually struggled moving to EPL and as he was nurtured in the Barca system and has same physical attributes as Pedro, it would be a risky move for any EPL clubs. And I really doubt that EPL would be Nolito's first choice either. His choice is Barca, quite obviously.

There is no doubt that player wants to join, and to join right now. By not accepting Barca's curious deal offer, Celta would risk with (a bit) alienated player who is becoming back from the injury and his value can drop hugely during the remaining of the season. And they also risk for not getting the 15+ million euros which is huge for Celta, for player that is turning to 30 ( they got him basically free if I am not mistaken).
But, at the same time, Celta has already lost a (key) player to Atleti from the midfield and really needs to hold on those who are part of the spine of that successful half of the season. However, at the same time, they really need to strengthen the team as last games have proven, and I really do not know how much funds they have for that. The deal with Barca would at least guarantee them some money and possibly a Barca loan player.

So it is quite a dilemma for Celta and I think Barca is doing a right move just saying that this is our final offer- take it or leave it. I feel a bit bad for Nolito, though, there is a once in a lifetime chance for him in age 29, but because of the financial situation of Barca (due to so successful last year) and Celtas position, it seems that it won't go through.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans