Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Klopp would be beyond perfect. Seriously, he would bring high pressing football back as well as re lighting the fire in these players. When you look at it, only highly technical sides can play tika taka, and if you can play tika taka it means you can play every kind of football.

Besides, we need change. People are saying clubs are used to us playing the same ol same so we obviously need change. Not fundamental, but I think Klopp could mix high possession football with faster and more unpredictable play, there is absolutely nothing wrong in having a ball 60% of the time and I'm sure Klopp would like that in the end. Last thing we need is new Tito/Tata just to sit on the bench and walk around with his head looking at the Camp Nou grass.

Klopp has personality, vision, and authority. Things that Tata and Tito both lack. However it's a completely different set of principles that he applies.

Out of all of our players, only Alba, Alexis, and Pedro have the fitness to cope with Klopp's draining "heavy metal" philosophy. He's crippled half of the BVB squad with his tactics and those are players much fitter and younger than ours.

Simeone also has personality, vision, and authority. Would he fit at Barca? No. Bringing in something new is not bringing in a coach that completely clashes with our players and style. The likes of De Boer or Rodgers have those qualities but also have a style that's within our realm.

Kohe321

But why think that he wouldn't he be able to adapt his "heavy metal" style to a slightly more possesion based form of tiki-taka passing fotball? I mean, he wouldn't even have to change that much, and he is such a good coach and tactician that I fully trust he would be able to do it.

Tata brought his "direct" style in form of more crosses and an EPL style of fotball that doesn't suit our squad AT ALL. Just think about what Klopp did with Dortmund, and imagine giving him players like Messi, Iniesta, Alba, Pedro etc. The creative movement in front of the player with the ball, the pressing, the verticality - all done in the way that suits our players, with quick and technical passingplay mainly along the ground. He's also a great motivator, and one of the most likeable coaches ever - he bleeds with the fans and cheers with them, it's impossible not to like him.

The idea that he doesn't fit in due to his style only hinges upon the assumption that he wouldn't be able to adapt it even a little, like he's some videogame character that comes with given stats and traits that are unchangeable. I think he'd be able to make it work without much trouble. In fact, the only coach I'd want more right now is Pep, but that won't happen anytime soon.

Last edited:

Kohe321

Also, Klopps style doesn't clash with the classic Barca philosophy nearly as much as Simeones, so that comparison doesn't really work. Simeone would have to throw most of his tactical system out the window and start from scratch, Klopp would only need to tone it down a little, the passingtriangles and buildup play along the ground is already there. Simeone would be a "complete clash", Klopp wouldn't. In fact, I think it's interesting that you think Rodgers would be "within our realm", but not Klopp? They are not that different, in fact I think Klopp has an even better passing style of fotball that looks more like our anno 2009 than Rodgers.

Even Tata has made it work somehow this season, and he was originally a much worse fit than Klopp. We can't just look for a carbon copy of Pep, but rather allow some change while keeping within the general philosophy of Barca.

Last edited:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
But why think that he wouldn't he be able to adapt his "heavy metal" style to a slightly more possesion based form of his tiki-taka passing fotball? He wouldn't even have to change that much, and he is such a good coach and tactician that I fully trust he would be able to do it.

I mean, Tata brought his "direct" style in form of more crosses and an EPL style of fotball that doesn't suit our squad AT ALL. Just think about what Klopp did with Dortmund, and imagine giving him players like Messi, Iniesta, Alba, Pedro etc. The creative movement in front of the player with the ball, the pressing, the verticality - all done in the way that suits our players, with quick and technical passingplay mainly along the ground. He's also a great motivator, and one of the most likeable coaches ever - he bleeds with the fans and cheers with them, it's impossible not to like him.

The idea that he doesn't fit in due to his style only hinges upon the assumption that he wouldn't be able to adapt it even a little, like he's some videogame character that comes with given stats and traits that are unchangeable. I think he'd be able to make it work without much trouble. In fact, the only coach I'd want more right now is Pep, but that won't happen anytime soon.

He could adapt to some degree (and he would if he were to come) but there's a limit. The way Klopp knows footballing success is by implementing high intensity and working in counterattacking space. His system relies on technical football, but in the form of quick transitions and pacy movements up the pitch.

He could base a new system at Barca with more possession, but his team shape will always consist of utilizing physical capabilities (of which we have little). The idea that he could adapt doesn't consider how different Klopp's philosophy is from Barca.

At Barca, a great pressing system consisted of zonal covering and closing down space. With Klopp, he gets his players to sprint after their markers until their last breath to win the ball back. At Barca, technical football is in the form of building from the back in tight spaces and controlling the game until we get the outcome we desire. Klopp's utilization of technical football is finding gaps in the final third during counterattacks. The prime Barca system relied on circular 360 degree movement. Klopp's system is purely vertical movement.

These things are all polar opposites, Klopp can't adjust so dramatically that implementing his system would have no negative effect on us. Even with his hypothetical adaptation, his pressing system will kill our players by January. The likes of Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, and Cesc would all underperform in vertical counterattacking play that requires them to run back and forth so often. We'd bypass our midfield completely.

If he'd come, it'd take a massive adaptation on his part. He'd have to bring out a side to his footballing mentality that we're not even sure he has. His success and ingenuity comes from doing things his way with his profile of players. It's not in his managerial blood to go almost completely against that, so there's no way we can say with assurance that he'd be a success here. Getting a coach with a style closer to home will probably prove to be better, even if they bring new ideas.

FC B

But why think that he wouldn't he be able to adapt his "heavy metal" style to a slightly more possesion based form of tiki-taka passing fotball? I mean, he wouldn't even have to change that much, and he is such a good coach and tactician that I fully trust he would be able to do it.

Tata brought his "direct" style in form of more crosses and an EPL style of fotball that doesn't suit our squad AT ALL. Just think about what Klopp did with Dortmund, and imagine giving him players like Messi, Iniesta, Alba, Pedro etc. The creative movement in front of the player with the ball, the pressing, the verticality - all done in the way that suits our players, with quick and technical passingplay mainly along the ground. He's also a great motivator, and one of the most likeable coaches ever - he bleeds with the fans and cheers with them, it's impossible not to like him.

Agree. It is a kind of a clise that Klopp will burn out our players by the intensity he makes his players play. People really do think he is so stupid and he can't see these obvious facts and make necessary adjustments just to get to a good balance of what he wants form the players and what they can deliver physically ?!

Klopp proved himself over and over again and showed everyone he is a smart tactician and a very good coach and thus do you think he has no chance of adapting to Barcelona's type of player ? :lol:

Last edited:
F

Flavia

Klopp has personality, vision, and authority. Things that Tata and Tito both lack.
And that's why Tito and now Tata were the ones the board chose. I can't see them bringing someone with a strong personality.

Zincubus

Banned
He could adapt to some degree (and he would if he were to come) but there's a limit. The way Klopp knows footballing success is by implementing high intensity and working in counterattacking space. His system relies on technical football, but in the form of quick transitions and pacy movements up the pitch.

He could base a new system at Barca with more possession, but his team shape will always consist of utilizing physical capabilities (of which we have little). The idea that he could adapt doesn't consider how different Klopp's philosophy is from Barca.

At Barca, a great pressing system consisted of zonal covering and closing down space. With Klopp, he gets his players to sprint after their markers until their last breath to win the ball back. At Barca, technical football is in the form of building from the back in tight spaces and controlling the game until we get the outcome we desire. Klopp's utilization of technical football is finding gaps in the final third during counterattacks. The prime Barca system relied on circular 360 degree movement. Klopp's system is purely vertical movement.

These things are all polar opposites, Klopp can't adjust so dramatically that implementing his system would have no negative effect on us. Even with his hypothetical adaptation, his pressing system will kill our players by January. The likes of Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, and Cesc would all underperform in vertical counterattacking play that requires them to run back and forth so often. We'd bypass our midfield completely.

If he'd come, it'd take a massive adaptation on his part. He'd have to bring out a side to his footballing mentality that we're not even sure he has. His success and ingenuity comes from doing things his way with his profile of players. It's not in his managerial blood to go almost completely against that, so there's no way we can say with assurance that he'd be a success here. Getting a coach with a style closer to home will probably prove to be better, even if they bring new ideas.

Well things can't remain the same for much longer .... we used to be THE team in World football now we are THIRD best in Spain !!

Alarcón

And that's why Tito and now Tata were the ones the board chose. I can't see them bringing someone with a strong personality.

I can, actually. They might realise that only a coach with these kind of attributes is able to bring Barça back to their best and thus save the board's asses.

His team just beat Bayern Munich 3:0 AWAY from home whilst we are losing 1:0 to Granada .. Yes Granada !!

Yeah Klopp is a great coach but he is right... there's no way the players would respond well to his playing style and intense training unless we replace 3/4 of the squad

Last edited:

Zincubus

Banned
I can, actually. They might realise that only a coach with these kind of attributes is able to bring Barça back to their best and thus save the board's asses.

Yeah Klopp is a great coach but he is right... there's no way the players would respond well to his playing style and intense training unless we replace 3/4 of the squad

Maybe it's time for a revolution .
A mix of Pep's ideas and Klopp's ideas ..

khaled_a_d

Klopp has personality, vision, and authority. Things that Tata and Tito both lack. However it's a completely different set of principles that he applies.

Out of all of our players, only Alba, Alexis, and Pedro have the fitness to cope with Klopp's draining "heavy metal" philosophy. He's crippled half of the BVB squad with his tactics and those are players much fitter and younger than ours.

Simeone also has personality, vision, and authority. Would he fit at Barca? No. Bringing in something new is not bringing in a coach that completely clashes with our players and style. The likes of De Boer or Rodgers have those qualities but also have a style that's within our realm.

Here is the thing,Barca style and philosophy was to play an attacking minded entertaining football
It has been like that for decades and it has been done through many systems one of them was Tiki-Taka that was developed by Pep,It was probably the best football in the club history
Now we are playing the shadow of that football again ,this isn't tiki-taka anymore ,it is a team hogging the ball cluelessly
Trying to stick to that type of football w/o evolution is almost impossible ,yes Klopp style will need a drastic change,but what about trying to play same style with worn out Xavi/Alves ,30 years old Iniesta ,Cesc who can't play that type of football and Busquets who gets fatigue due to having to play so much ?

Chainsaw

Killahead
Here is the thing,Barca style and philosophy was to play an attacking minded entertaining football
It has been like that for decades and it has been done through many systems one of them was Tiki-Taka that was developed by Pep,It was probably the best football in the club history
Now we are playing the shadow of that football again ,this isn't tiki-taka anymore ,it is a team hogging the ball cluelessly
Trying to stick to that type of football w/o evolution is almost impossible ,yes Klopp style will need a drastic change,but what about trying to play same style with worn out Xavi/Alves ,30 years old Iniesta ,Cesc who can't play that type of football and Busquets who gets fatigue due to having to play so much ?

+1. Many things need to change. Unfortunately even these changes don't seem easy to be done.

SeloBarca

Players that should be cleared out:

Fabregas
Valdes
Montoya
Puyol
JdS
Mascherano
Song
Affelay
Tello
Adriano
Cuenca
Alexis/Pedro
Alves
Martino

In:
1 GK
1 or 2 CB
1 RB
1 CM
1 CF
1 Coach

Amd fill up the rest with Barca B

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
There's Barca B players to replace some of them, though. Grimaldo, for example, could be promoted if we sold Adriano.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans