Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kohe321

At least that will bring back our style. Hopefully he can keep the vertical style of tiki-taka he makes Celta play (I haven't seen too many of their matches, though, just a few). Think that could be awesome for Barcelona. No more crossing, counterattackes and vertical attacking football in the style of tiki-taka.

The offence is just one thing, though. How does his teams usually perform defensively?

I

instinct

Are there any articles (English) about Lucho's way of coaching? Can't find any.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Zubi's #1 transfer target.

e3ugy2yv.jpg

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I don't think Luis Enrique is an upgrade over Tata. Different style perhaps, not an upgrade IMO.

Lucho wouldn't be the ultimate solution, but I think the fact that he would gel with our squad and system makes things easier than having Tata who's the polar opposite. In quality of managers, Tata's not worse than Lucho. It's just that with Tata there comes a lot of the difficulty and baggage surrounding it whereas Enrique wouldn't have that.

Lucho would also be a better player developer if I could say. Budding players like Montoya and Bartra (who we'll really need) will be able to be refined a lot by a guy who takes youth progression very seriously. Look at the 180 degree turn he's managed with Rafinha, as well as others (Nolito, Mallo) and you can see that he'd handle our individuals very well.

I don't think he'd be great but there'd be less conflict than if Tata were to stay, but they really should keep looking around rather than just settling for an inexperienced Lucho.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Lucho will probably give the younger players more chance. At least in theory...

While that may be so, it doesn't necessarily translate to a better team.

Also, I think the "Tata has purposely neglected the youngsters" narrative is terribly unfair. If the team had been better to kill competitions and games sooner, that would have given the manager more room to play the youngsters. As it was, this team struggled to win even with the first teamers.

JamDav1982

Lucho wouldn't be the ultimate solution, but I think the fact that he would gel with our squad and system makes things easier than having Tata who's the polar opposite. In quality of managers, Tata's not worse than Lucho. It's just that with Tata there comes a lot of the difficulty and baggage surrounding it whereas Enrique wouldn't have that.

Lucho would also be a better player developer if I could say. Budding players like Montoya and Bartra (who we'll really need) will be able to be refined a lot by a guy who takes youth progression very seriously. Look at the 180 degree turn he's managed with Rafinha, as well as others (Nolito, Mallo) and you can see that he'd handle our individuals very well.

I don't think he'd be great but there'd be less conflict than if Tata were to stay, but they really should keep looking around rather than just settling for an inexperienced Lucho.

What 180 degree turn do you think he has managed with Rafinha, Nolito and Mallo. Nolito is not a young player.

Lucho has a much better squad than the teams below them and some of the teams ahead of them which puts me off as he has got nothing special out of that group of players.

Edit: Nolito at Barca B?

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
What 180 degree turn do you think he has managed with Rafinha, Nolito and Mallo. Nolito is not a young player.

Lucho has a much better squad than the teams below them and some of the teams ahead of them which puts me off as he has got nothing special out of that group of players.

Rafinha was nothing special at all with the B team, the fact that one of his best assets was scoring headers from set pieces (!) shows that he went to Celta without that much quality. He's obviously not some future Ballon D'or prodigy now but still his development has been a complete turnaround.

The others weren't 180 degree turnarounds but he handled them well. Mallo was struggling after his return from injury but Lucho helped put him back on track. Nolito also improved as a player and looks comfortable under Lucho, but it wasn't a radical improvement.

I'm not saying that bringing him in would be a good thing, just that he wouldn't come with the conflict that Tata has (conflict of style, little to no control of players) and that he has some qualities. I reiterate that he should be down on the list of priority coaches.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo

He might gel with the squad and system, but can he make it be as efficient and effective as it was before? He might be a better player developer, but it is easier to develop young players at Celta without the pressure of needing to win every single game, than it is at Barcelona where one loss and you get hammered by the press and the fans.

Going with the familiar coach with a familiar style without achieving the same level as before might not be better than keeping the current coach and allowing him to get the players he needs to play the way he wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans