Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Guess who loses the ball more than any other Barca player? Messi.

It doesnt mean they lack awareness. It shows where they operate and how they look to play.

You dont score the amount of goals and gain the number of assists that Cesc does without a good understanding of whats around you. You dont win World Cups, European Championships and get signed by Wenger and Pep if 'awareness' is your biggest weakness.

Messi loses the ball because he is trying to dribble multiple players. It is not the same thing.

And again, talking about assists and goals as part of your argument brings me back to thinking you are confusing vision with awareness.

Let's just end this argument, we're clearly in total disagreement so there's not need to continue.

Egert

Estonian Culé
No one likes Raki... He is the best option out there. We won't get players like Kroos,Pogba,Vidal or Modric.
20f42uv.jpg

Pepe Silvia

Vision - ability to see the pass, see the run (Cesc's vision is amazing)

Awareness - ability to know when/where players are closing in on you and just having a sense of where players are on the pitch, the ability to create space for oneself/positioning (Cesc's awareness is poor)

The two can be loosely connected but they are distinctly different. Vision only requires a 1D view to see sharply the play that's unfolding in front of you, while awareness requires 3D view and spatial instincts.

JamDav1982

Messi loses the ball because he is trying to dribble multiple players. It is not the same thing.

And again, talking about assists and goals as part of your argument brings me back to thinking you are confusing vision with awareness.

Let's just end this argument, we're clearly in total disagreement so there's not need to continue.

Not at all, his goals/assists result from vision and awareness. You dont get those stats without both.

It is unrealistic to think can produce those stats when he has no idea what is going on until the ball is at his feet.

Butaan4barca

One thing i can add about rakitic, his set piece delivery is pretty good, he can be someone who can take the corners and indirect free kicks. Plus if we are going for a plan b (tall striker , or just a 9), there has got to be someone who could deliver a pin point ball to him.

JamDav1982

Vision - ability to see the pass, see the run (Cesc's vision is amazing)

Awareness - ability to know when/where players are closing in on you and just having a sense of where players are on the pitch, the ability to create space for oneself/positioning (Cesc's awareness is poor)

The two can be loosely connected but they are distinctly different. Vision only requires a 1D view to see sharply the play that's unfolding in front of you, while awareness requires 3D view and spatial instincts.

As I said, go and read how Arsene Wenger talks about Cesc - the ability to paint a picture of where everyone in the pitch is before he gets the ball.

Pepe Silvia

As I said, go and read how Arsene Wenger talks about Cesc - the ability to paint a picture of where everyone in the pitch is before he gets the ball.
Arsene can say whatever he wants but the truth of the matter is that at Barca, where awareness is paramount, he has suffered in the middle of the pitch (where he was supposed to be strong) and that was proven over the course of three different coaches who preferred Xavi. You can argue that but it won't matter in the end, the coaches know more than you or I or anyone else on this forum. His numbers (attached to his vision) are second to none for midfielders, but his awareness (dispossession/tempo control/transition/spatial awareness) are all sub-par and slowed down our buildup.

It's not a slight on Cesc by the way, you can be an outstanding player and not have the best awareness. I don't think Frank Lampard had the best awareness but his vision was second to none. Same with Cesc.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
he was much better to watch at arsenal. hardly ever got caught in posession. btw i dont think even now he gets caught more than the other players, but more than before.

fcbdna

Banned
We should keep Cesc and make him the main CM for next season and then evaluate his performance at the end of the season. . . Personally I think only Xavi,Gundogan and maybe Silva are better at this position than him.

Last edited:

fcbdna

Banned
Cesc lost a bit of agility IMO. He struggles in tight spaces now. Not good for xavi role...

What is lost, can be found. . . . I believe he has lost confidence and full fitness due to sitting on the bench. He can rediscover himself. I believe we should give him one full season as the main CM and see how he performs.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
What is lost, can be found. . . . I believe he has lost confidence and full fitness due to sitting on the bench. He can rediscover himself. I believe we should give him one full season as the main CM and see how he performs.

It's hard to regain physical attributes, when we bought him he just came off a brilliant 2011 season. He was a joy to watch that year not only a good ten but controlled arsenals play. When he got here he wasn't allowed a run of games as cm and never got to learn. I think it's too late for him now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans