Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

i_bleed_blaugrana

I know I just said Aguero but all honesty, I really think we should consider going for Jonathan Soriano. He would be the perfect signing for us as additional reinforcement up front. Yet to hit his absolute peak, clinical, mobile, good with the ball at his feet, knows our system, knows our coach and would be dirt cheap. He is a little old at 28 but I think he would get better with time at Barca and would be the perfect Plan B striker for us. Also at least initially would settle for bench role and if he started scoring consistently, could break into the starting 11.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Agree i_bleed_blaugrana, I would have just paid Laporte's buyout, centre backs are rare on the market and overpaying is just the way things are right now.

i_bleed_blaugrana

The problem is Pedro now is not the same from the 10-11 season. And although he improved last season, even scoring-wise, he won't be that 10-11 Pedro again.

I'm not sold on him being not the same player he used to be. He didn't get nearly the amount of continual playing time now that he got during that season which is so very important for a player in that role. Hell, neither him nor Alexis got nearly as much time as their performances merited.

He still shows it for Spain, we just continually decided that Cesc was a better forward than both Alexis and Pedro :facepalm:

With consistent playing time with a defined and important role in the squad, I think Pedro could easily get his form back to how he used to be.

i_bleed_blaugrana

Honestly though, Bilbao are right to value him that highly. He is already borderline world-class at the tender age of 19. Shows everything you could possibly want from a CB and will only continue to get better.

Considering sideshow bob went to P$G for fucking 50 million, I think a 40 million evaluation of Laporte who is already a better CB than Luiz is pretty fair.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If they were considering getting Laporte somewhat before, then I don't think they will now after his buyout increased.

F

Flavia

I would keep Alexis and Pedro. Our front line is fine, though you could add a mobile nine if you want..

I wouldn't. I'd let one of them go, plus tello, and bring someone new, alongside Deulo, to revigorate the attack.

i_bleed_blaugrana

Then sell Alexis and we don't need to buy anyone else, simply promote Adama. He's ready.

Its not like he'd have to cope with the pressure of being a regular starter or anything. On the RW with Alexis out of the picture it could go:

1. Pedro
2. Deulofeu
3. Adama
4. Rafinha, if necessary.

All of the above (barring Rafinha) could also get plenty of minutes as a sub for Neymar on the LW as well.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
The fact they play well for country to me shows they are still good players. If Lucho can tweak the system then they are perfect. If it doesn't work out one if them can leave and Deulo can start becoming the main man.

F

Flavia

Then sell Alexis and we don't need to buy anyone else, simply promote Adama. He's ready.

Its not like he'd have to cope with the pressure of being a regular starter or anything. On the RW with Alexis out of the picture it could go:

1. Pedro
2. Deulofeu
3. Adama
4. Rafinha, if necessary.

All of the above (barring Rafinha) could also get plenty of minutes as a sub for Neymar on the LW as well.

Of course Adama is not ready for promotion. Far from it. He still has a lot to improve. And I'd let Pedro go. Alexis was more useful this season.

CatalinR10

letting alexis go just so that adama could fill his shoes. This forum sometimes :lol: .

Why don't we sell Messi so that Dongou could take his place since you guys want to weaken the team :lol:

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Pedro is more suited for the wing forward role of Barca's, but Alexis is the overall more talented player. Pedro also, despite his good statistical numbers this season, has had 3 seasons of sub-par play, whereas Alexis seems to be rising.

IMO the best Barca can do is sell Pedro, sell Tello and find a good mobile 9. Neymar, Alexis and Deulofeu as the wingers, Messi and the mobile 9 as the CF. Now you've got variety and flexibility.

Deulofeu should be an excellent replacement for Pedro because he could offer potentially the same direct skillset, but with better dribbling. He could also be used in both wings. Only his work-rate would need significant improving.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Adama has potential for sure but nowhere near ready yet. I think people just saw some clips of him vs a bunch of kids and now think he's ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans