Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neeraj

Happy he's here, slightly annoyed that Valencia stuck to their 20 from the offset, and a club as big of us eventually had to succumb, not being able to negotiate paying over the odds for a 30 year old. Anyway, price aside, I've always liked him, I never thought he was too skill full going forward though..He's more of the marauding with pace and strength from the left rather than deft touches and passing which Alba provides, but I don't really care about that, as he could play as a CB, and the occasional time he slots into LB, we don't have to have someone of Alba's quality..Plus we have adriano, who I really really like, so shouldn't be a problem.

Now, we've reached that point where we all wait with baited breath for that one last big CB signing. IF it's a quality big name, or even someone we may have overlooked but an impressive player nonetheless, we could finally have a complete transfer window, everything else put aside. I can foresee a torturous month ahead for all those who check the forums everyday for any sniff of our next signing, let's hope we get one, be it tomorrow or on the last day of the x-fer window!

icemanbrfc

Indeed. It seems they never saw him playing, not even against Barça.

Again, assuming based on a comment that nobody saw Mathieu play before. Ill reserve judgment on him until i see him play in a pressure environment. If he does well, ill take my hat off, and acknowledge i was wrong. If we dont sign another CB, and he turns out not to be up to much, then we basically back to square one.

Neeraj

The only person I would take over Laporte is Hummels. Taking into account age + quality + height - He would be an absolutely delicious signing. But out of all the defenders out there, I think signing him is probably the least probable, with him not wanting to move, how athletic work, clauses, taxes, etc.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Screw the contract. Arsenal won't say no to 40m euros or more.

Of course they will, Arsenal are finally starting to get revenue and are able to splash on great players as opposed to young talents, they're becoming a powerhouse and have no reason to sell Koscielny.

F

Flavia

Again, assuming based on a comment that nobody saw Mathieu play before. Ill reserve judgment on him until i see him play in a pressure environment. If he does well, ill take my hat off, and acknowledge i was wrong. If we dont sign another CB, and he turns out not to be up to much, then we basically back to square one.

That's why I said "it seems". Because it really seems you, who was the OP, hadn't really watched him play many times, for your comments.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Every one reacting like we paid some 50M on him. You did not pay for that amount, stop overreacting. He is a decent buy. Will he improve our defense or not is yet to be seen. And I don't think barca will buy another defender. Let us hope bartra is the real deal. If only we could solve our RB problem. We need to sell alves and buy a RB, he is one of the main problem in our defense. If Montoya starts and puts some decent performances then okay but still the idea of alves starting worries me.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk

icemanbrfc

That's why I said "it seems". Because it really seems you, who was the OP, hadn't really watched him play many times, for your comments.

So you again assuming that i havent seen him play many times to form an opinion on him? Anyway, pointless to discuss this, so will leave it at that and wait to see how he turns out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans