Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeloBarca

Mathieu only makes our defence marginally stronger then what it is. We still need that WC defender.
Outa Hummels, Laporte and Benatia imo Benatia is the fastest.

L

linetty

I don't want neither Benatia, Laporte or Hummels. I'd rather have faith in Bartra and promote players like Tarin and Ie in 1 or 2 years time.

i_bleed_blaugrana

Serghei summed it up perfectly, nothing special or sparkly but I think he will help the team immensely. If anything, at least we won't be so susceptible to the cross, even when we had Puyol that was a problem for us and that is one thing about Mathieu that will be good, he is very solid in the air.

Out of all the signings we've made, this by far is the most relieving. I don't expect us to get another CB but I'd really prefer if we got another so we could move Mascherano back into MF, where he is clearly the better player. Mascherano the CB and Mascherano the DM are literally night and day.

From what I've heard, the only other player we are being linked to is a young gun from Brazil by the name of Rodrigo Caio. From what I understand, he might start out on the B team a la Halilovic to make the transition a little smoother. On his Wiki page, it says he came up against and mainly won a battle against Neymar and if he can stop Neymar or at least contain him, that's impressive. Only problem is Sao Paulo also want 20 million for him lol.

Flavia, you heard/watched this kid at all? I don't mind the idea at all, particularly if he has the same kind of potential as a TS. First half of the season he could play with the B squad and if he is so good that he clearly needs to be in the squad then we could promote him into the first team for the run in 2015.

For me, all that remains is a young stud CB and the selling of Song. I've always been a big Afellay fan and like someone else mentioned earlier, I'll always remember him for that wicked cross he put into Messi's path against Madrid in the CL semi's. Deserves to stay and honestly if Rakitic is just an absolute flop here or he gets injured(doubt it but its a possibility), he could actually do well in one of the AM roles. He is a solid winger but I like him playing through the middle more. He has a cannon of a shot (why I was drooling over him so much when he was at Eindhoven) and I've always wanted to see him be in a position to hit screamers from 25-30 yards out.

Baby steps...

Icarium

Lifestealer
So the 1st CB is here.Now who comes as the 2nd?
Blind was probably just BS and Marquinhos seems off.

What 2nd?! :lol: Signing Mathieu has drained all the energy from zubi. Now he will just take vacation. But sadly we still need to sell alves and buy a replacement if not 2nd CB.

JamDav1982

People directing a lot of hate at Zubi but Lucho and Puyol will have had a big say in this signing as well.............. but Zubi is the easy target.

xavi_the_Boss

What 2nd?! :lol: Signing Mathieu has drained all the energy from zubi. Now he will just take vacation. But sadly we still need to sell alves and buy a replacement if not 2nd CB.

They said they will buy 2 Cb didn´t they?
Till they say otherwise or promote Ie i will wait for that second CB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans