Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Egert

Estonian Culé
Barcelona would want to officially present Thomas Vermaelen as new Barcelona player on Sunday, so he can start training on Monday. [rac1]

serghei

Last season we had a lot of criticism on our defence while we did not concede that much comparing for example to madrid.

Madrid's defence was 70% of the time shit, but it worked exactly when they needed it most. What Real did with Bayern, not having conceded goal(s) over 120 min., is the ultimate proof that the most important thing in defence is discipline, concentration, and commitment. They didn't defend that way because they have superdefenders, they defended that way because someone on the bench knows what he's doing.

mazp

Madrid's defence was 70% of the time shit, but it worked exactly when they needed it most. What Real did with Bayern, not having conceded goal(s) over 120 min., is the ultimate proof that the most important thing in defence is discipline, concentration, and commitment. They didn't defend that way because they have superdefenders, they defended that way because someone on the bench knows what he's doing.

They have a great manager. While ours is still a question mark.

KING XAVI

Its not just concentration,its ability.pepe and Ramos might be clowns but id take both over pique and bartra.look how Ramos dominated mandzukic in the air,outmuscled him basically nullified his threat.varane can do the same.can mr shakira do that?,no.can bartra do that?,i don't think so.we needed someone strong quick,and complete.im ok with Mathieu,but the others are useless when push comes to shove ...literally.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
But they read the game well, can tackle and intercept. They're also good on the ball. Pique is so underrated on this forum. When he tries he is world class. I'm sure with Mathieu/Verm next to him his weaknesses are ironed out.

SeloBarca

Problem is he havent tried for 2 years. 3 years ago i though Pique was top 3 CBs in the world. Now..i dont know, not top 15.

Egert

Estonian Culé
Della Valle (president Fiorentina): "I asked Cuadrado to stay, but I'm not optimistic. If we get a good bid, we'll have to let him go."

Tomchin

Della Valle (president Fiorentina): "I asked Cuadrado to stay, but I'm not optimistic. If we get a good bid, we'll have to let him go."
The question is, whether we're still in the race or not. I guess we'll find out on Sunday (during Vermaelen's presentation), Zubi will get asked about it no doubt.

maulingvice

Thomas Vermaelen: Arsenal agree £15m fee with Barcelona

Arsenal have agreed a fee of about £15m with Barcelona for the sale of captain Thomas Vermaelen.

The 28-year-old Belgium centre-back must now agree personal terms with the Catalan giants and pass a medical.

Vermaelen was a target for Manchester United but they ended their interest after refusing Arsenal's demand to receive a player as part of the deal.

The move to Barcelona is likely to be completed this weekend, ending Vermaelen's five-year stay in London.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
We still need a rightback. I don't know how comfortable I feel with Alves/Montoya this season, and potentially, Montoya/Godswill next season. Buy Danilo, De Sciglio, Mallo, or bring back Bellerin. Or buy a good leftback and move Adriano back to backup rightback. We NEED a fullback.

Jadentheman

We still need a rightback. I don't know how comfortable I feel with Alves/Montoya this season, and potentially, Montoya/Godswill next season. Buy Danilo, De Sciglio, Mallo, or bring back Bellerin. Or buy a good leftback and move Adriano back to backup rightback. We NEED a fullback.

I know we need a RB, but most people insist on Cuadrado -.-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans