Bayern München

Bertus

Bayern's system of releasing tickets is really awkward. Tickets to all their home games are sold out, technically only members can buy tickets from the club directly. Then ticket-holders resell them on secondary markets such as viagogo. Tourists will have to pay a HUGE (by 3, 4, 5, 6 times or more) mark-up in order to buy Bayern home game tickets.
IIRC what was said in football shows here, that's the case in a lot of german clubs.

The demand from members that buy season pass is bigger than the places available in the stadium.

Hence why their stadiums are always full. And you can't buy tickets easily if you plan to attend only a few times per season.

IIRC what was said here, germany had one of the best stadiums attendance if not the best.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
IIRC what was said in football shows here, that's the case in a lot of german clubs.

The demand from members that buy season pass is bigger than the places available in the stadium.

Hence why their stadiums are always full. And you can't buy tickets easily if you plan to attend only a few times per season.

IIRC what was said here, germany had one of the best stadiums attendance if not the best.

Yeah, absolutely, Germany definitely is one of the best, if not the best in this regard. We just returned from a trip to Munich and Salzburg and I went to their home game against Hoffenheim last Saturday at the Allianz Arena, the atmosphere was unreal, extremely loud and exciting. Their Süd Kurve guys never stopped singing and chanting, incredible experience.

I also kind of understand why they do it this way (releasing tickets) since demand outpaces supply by so much, but then again, it is not good in terms of welcoming and attracting new fans, especially those from overseas, as they will have to knowingly shell out so much more money than the face value to buy tickets, if they are even available in the first place.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

I am actually saying BOTH. :p

It is my genuine belief that had we opened up membership like Bayern has, we would have attracted A LOT MORE members, not just in Catalonia and Spain, but from around the world. We have one of the biggest fanbase in the world. A lot of folks on the Chinese Barca forum want to become members but can't.

And they alone would make up for the at least 150k people who would be needed to not only close the gap but also to have A LOT MORE than Bayern have now?

R

Ryu Hayabusa

As opposed to Bayern which is kind of like a corporation that issues stocks with companies such as Adidas and such holding significant shares, we are truly a club owned by the members.

10% significant? Well, not so sure if that is really significant.
And then, yeah great. And see where it got you. Remember all that debt? ;)

R

Ryu Hayabusa

THE best ;)

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
And they alone would make up for the at least 150k people who would be needed to not only close the gap but also to have A LOT MORE than Bayern have now?

Come on Ryu, don't be the usual, typical difficult self of Ryu Hayabusa (are you this difficult on Bayern forums, I wonder?). Certainly they alone will not bridge the gap, I was just using that as an anecdotal evidence/experience to show that there a lot of potential members out there.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Yeah, absolutely, Germany definitely is one of the best, if not the best in this regard. We just returned from a trip to Munich and Salzburg and I went to their home game against Hoffenheim last Saturday at the Allianz Arena, the atmosphere was unreal, extremely loud and exciting. Their Süd Kurve guys never stopped singing and chanting, incredible experience.

Fun fact, in Germany they make jokes about how bad the atmosphere is in the Allianz Arena because Bayern fans are allegedly only sitting and clapping their hands once in a while when Bayern is in the lead. :D

Reality is, especially in away matches in Europe, Bayern have one of the best crowds of all. For instance, last week in Manchester, you could only hear Bayern chants for essentially the whole match.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
10% significant? Well, not so sure if that is really significant.
And then, yeah great. And see where it got you. Remember all that debt? ;)

Come on Ryu, stop being so nit-picky. I am well aware of the 50+1 rule in Bundesliga. But hey, we are 100%. ;)

Having debt alone is not necessarily bad, there are good debt and bad debt, as our Finance 101 teacher would say.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Come on Ryu, don't be the usual, typical difficult self of Ryu Hayabusa (are you this difficult on Bayern forums, I wonder?). Certainly they alone will not bridge the gap, I was just using that as an anecdotal evidence/experience to show that there a lot of potential members out there.

I was merely pointing out the error in your own claim. :p
There is a good chance Barca would have similar numbers, if not even a little higher numbers than Bayern if they had the same rules of application.
What you seem to overestimate however is the global potential of "true" fans, meaning those who buy official merchandise, apply for membership, actually watch every match etc.
For years, Barca have been one of the if not THE first destination for glory hunters all around the globe. Don't think any of those would bother to pay 60€+ a year for a membership.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Fun fact, in Germany they make jokes about how bad the atmosphere is in the Allianz Arena because Bayern fans are allegedly only sitting and clapping their hands once in a while when Bayern is in the lead. :D

Reality is, especially in away matches in Europe, Bayern have one of the best crowds of all. For instance, last week in Manchester, you could only hear Bayern chants for essentially the whole match.

The Bayern crowd was really happy and clapping their hands once the billboard inside Allianz showed that Paderborn scored against BVB. Once they learned that Paderborn finally equalized, they were euphoric. :angry:

;)

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I was merely pointing out the error in your own claim. :p
There is a good chance Barca would have similar numbers, if not even a little higher numbers than Bayern if they had the same rules of application.
What you seem to overestimate however is the global potential of "true" fans, meaning those who buy official merchandise, apply for membership, actually watch every match etc.
For years, Barca have been one of the if not THE first destination for glory hunters all around the globe. Don't think any of those would bother to pay 60€+ a year for a membership.

I concur that it was my assumption/hunch, my gut feelings, but you are equally guilty since you are using nothing but your own hunch here.

Sure there are glory hunters (Bayern doesn't? Good luck) with every team, but I'd think the sheer size of the Barca fanbase globally, sans the glory hunters will easily bridge the gap of 83,000.

And how many Bayern members became members just to buy tickets? ;)

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Is Lewandowski mocking Messi and Ronaldo, implying it is much easier to score in La Liga, in his interview with TZ?

TZ: And what do you want to create at Bayern? Perhaps the 30-goal mark in the Bundesliga crack?

Lewandowski: It is difficult at Bayern since we have very many offensive players who can score. We must not forget that we are not in the Spanish league, the teams attach great importance to the organization in defense, especially against us. But clearly, 30 goals would be really fantastic.

http://www.tz.de/sport/fc-bayern/bayern-robert-lewandwoski-tz-interview-ueber-reus-4510684.html

If so, I guess some contingents of Bayern players just couldn't stop whining. Ribery, Neuer, Müller and now Lewandowski.

Great team, but would have been a lot better if all their players are as classy as Bastian Schweinsteiger, the Fußballgott!

Last edited:

NotInHere

damn:lol: he took a massive shit on La Liga, and yes it could be Luft, his speaking about an individual record so his intentions might have Messi and Ronaldo along side it

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Is Lewandowski mocking Messi and Ronaldo, implying it is much easier to score in La Liga, in his interview with TZ?

http://www.tz.de/sport/fc-bayern/bayern-robert-lewandwoski-tz-interview-ueber-reus-4510684.html

If so, I guess some contingents of Bayern players just couldn't stop whining. Ribery, Neuer, Müller and now Lewandowski.

Great team, but would have been a lot better if all their players are as classy as Bastian Schweinsteiger, the Fußballgott!

"Difficult, at Bayern we have particularly many offensive players who also score goals. Once cannot forget that we're not in the spanish league, the teams emphasize defensive organization, especially against us. But of course, 30 goals would be fantastic."

btw, when exactly did Neuer "whine"?

Kohe321

Messi would probably score as much or more in the BL with Bayern.

Hey Lewandowski:

giphy.gif

Home of Barca Fans