Bayern München

I

instinct

Pantilimon is a very good goalkeeper IMO. Woul not mind getting him as a replacement for Pinto.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Martinez at cb :mou:. Bayern are winning despite peps style, not because of it. They have a talented squad and goals come from the skills that were perfected under Heynckes.

I'll give pep credit where it's due in future if his ideas work and i realise he hasn't had time to transfer his ideas to the squad. But ATM he is just a hindrance for them.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
FT

I agree with Hamzah, Pep's tactics aren't gelling at Bayern yet and they are lacking that final attacking edge in their passing game to threaten, it'll take time to work for them as it did for us. They looked much more comfortable and dangerous when playing Heynckes faster and more direct style (the reason why they even came back)

ceefoo

Bayern vs Man City

Bayern look suspect defensively. The experiment with Martinez at CB is one I don't think Pep will get away with against the top teams.

They look particularly vulnerable to the counter-attack, reminiscent in many ways to Barca. But I suppose that is the drawback when you play possession football.

Don't see the False9 working either. Barca are unique because they have the best player in the world, who can play that role better than any other. No other Striker comes close to performing it as well as Messi.

Too early to say for certain, but from what I have seen so far, Bayern do not look the unstoppable force they were last season.

big_man

Pep trying to play the Barca style with Bayern is setting himself up for failure IMO. They don't have the players to play it as well as Barca, it will be an inferior version of the Barca team at its pomp that teams were starting to get a hang of anyway, except they can't keep the ball as well and will be susceptible to even more counter attack goals against the likes of PSG and co.
If I were him I wouldn't tamper with much.

Last edited:

Gaudi

Depth of this squad is incredible. If managment can keep them all happy they'll be a massive boost later on, when freshness is goone.

Home of Barca Fans