Bojan Krkic

Catalonian Devil

Shukran Pep
In retrospect, perhaps moving the kid to a German club would've been smarter - lot of inner turmoil going on at the club apparently

To be honest I think the problem is with him...

I doubt he would have done well regardless of the destination. I really hope this kid turns it around though, I still think he has a shot...

Theconomist

At this point if Bojan comes back he'd be so low in the pecking order it's going to be hard to not feel sorry for him : Messi,Villa,Sanchez,Pedro,Cuenca,Cesc,Iniesta,Affelay can play where he does.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Some people still underrating the mentality factor in how the players make out of their careers. As long as Bojan do not possess the right mentality he won't turn into the great player many expected of him to become. He's not the first and won't be the last player with that issue.

T

tariqo

1jF7k.jpg

:blush:

FUCK HATERS

B

barcelonista

So he's continuing where he left off at Barca. As a bench player. Came on in the 71th minute against Napoli. Got subbed in / out in 11 out of 12 league games. Scored only 3 goals in 14 games (2 against relegation candidates Novara Calcio and Atalanta B.C.). Assisted 0. Barca material? Meh.

Zqa-

Maybe, maybe not.

He needs some regular playing time in a smaller club. Too much pressure at Roma and Barcelona. He has the potential to be great, and still only 21 years old.
Vamos Bojan!

Trillske

At 19 years old he had three or four games in 09 where he was starting squad material for Barcelona, while still one of the weaker - possibly the weakest - links of such starting lineup, though a couple of subs making a case for worthy roation as well. I suppose you tell a player like that to live on the training ground and watch his food and sleeping habbits, because he might just have a very bright future. Rather than, say, give him a symbolic number 9 shirt and place him front man in what was concidered the best squad in the world. Any normal human can deal with the (none existant) pressure and circumstances he was given in 09 - only a weirdo can cope with the pressure he was given in 10. Thats quite a leap. Now, some fotballers are indeed those type of wierdos, but not everyone of them. You dont have to be inhuman to make it, some players find a good compromise with experience, so its a wierd decision.

Of course, should he have scy rocketed the decision would have seemed great - brave - in hindsight. Small margins for coaches. Instead, its just one of those things that gave merit to the fact that I dont troll - I make observations, I just dont care if they hurt your eyes. ;)

What worries me now about Bojans development is that in my opinion his real potential was never the Messi like superstar, rather the awesome goal poacher. Its just a hunch, but I got a feeling those kinds of players generaly get their sense for goalscoaring by accumulated positive experience. A guy like Inzaghi, I think he scores much because he has faith in it, he knows it will happen sooner or later, its just how it works and his every step he is just trying to spot the opportunity that allways arrises "sometime" in the near future. So what came first, confidence or circumstances? The later would probably be the best bet.

Not just spoken out of observation by the way, I dont play anymore, but I was a goal poacher myself, in any sport I played really. The amount of bizarre goals I´ve made.. looking back, I can see why I was labled as a guy scoring suprise goals out of nothing, but back when I scored them it just seemed normal and expected that they dropped in here and there if I just kept in the game. Like, run towards a goal kick and allow the ball to bounce of me into the top corner - why not? It will happen sooner or later - and sure as hell did.

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
So what came first, confidence or circumstances? The later would probably be the best bet.

Not just spoken out of observation by the way, I dont play anymore, but I was a goal poacher myself, in any sport I played really. The amount of bizarre goals I´ve made.. looking back, I can see why I was labled as a guy scoring suprise goals out of nothing, but back when I scored them it just seemed normal and expected that they dropped in here and there if I just kept in the game. Like, run towards a goal kick and allow the ball to bounce of me into the top corner - why not? It will happen sooner or later - and sure as hell did.

Solid post, btw...But the bold is where I disagree, I think it can also be the former - it merely depends on the person/player...I'm sure we've all played with certain people that exuded confidence on the pitch - even from a young age...I don't think some people necessarily need a collection of positive experiences to accrue confidence - for some, confidence comes naturally

Although it does beg the question of how did he not develop the sort of confidence you'd expect from someone allegedly to have scored a Mario-esque 1,000 goals from his youth days...That sort of obscene level of scoring would have to make you confident, non?...I just think he's missing that chip/gene, he just seems easily taken off his game mentally...Fragile, I guess

gingerless

this is exactly the problem with this kid. why is he publishing a book? he's so young and inexperienced... wtf is he going to write to the world about? it's as if he thinks he's on par with the likes of ibrahimovic.

it all leads back to being played too early in the first team and having a sense of entitlement because he was the shit in the youth ranks. he let in too much to get to his head, and tbh, with stuff like this, i doubt he'll ever learn to harness his own potential

Home of Barca Fans