Busquets replacement

Messi983

I mean we should look at some of the young talent in the upcoming Argentine generation, but we'd rather sign some random Mexican from MLS or some Spaniard from the worst Spanish generation in decades.

Yes, I've been saying it for the last 3-4 years we should be looking for non-Brazil (Brazilians are usually overhyped and expensive) South American talents more. Ofc we've signed some of them but outside of Araujo nobody really worked out.

Uruguay were usually producing good strikers and CBs but had problems with midfielders in the past. Lately they've produced some good midfielders too. Argentina previously had some problems in youth development but things have improved for them. And then you also have Ecuador who produced players like Caicedo, Hincapie and now only 16 years old Kendry Paez who Chelsea already bought for 20m. Also never know when you can find a hidden gem in another country like Paraguay. Enciso looks like another steal for Brighton. Not sure what's going on with talent development in Chile and Colombia but they seem to be struggling a lot which is a shame.

Devils

Yes, let's spend 60m on another stinky jamon eating Spaniard. When has that ever failed us?

My pick would be Paul Labile Pogba.

Comeback season in the works.

Nello

Yes, let's spend 60m on another stinky jamon eating Spaniard. When has that ever failed us?

My pick would be Paul Labile Pogba.

Comeback season in the works.
Do you have a thing for chronically injured, expensive frenchmen?

khaled_a_d

The '7' names that are on the 'pivot list' as per
@gerardromero
:

• Martin Zubimendi
• Ruben Neves
• Sofyan Amrabat

• Guido Rodriguez
• N'Golo Kante
• Oriol Romeu
• Arthur Vermeeren

Those were 7 names mentioned by Romero, if the list is credible I would say we are looking for 2 midfielders, one starting and one as back up. 1st 3 names (in red) are likely scouted for starting spot, last 3 names as back up (2 old and cheap option, one is a big prospect who is compared to busquets) and I have no idea where to replace Guedo.

Finances is a big factor, so there are many options in the mercato that we aren't trying (Caicedo, Rice, Ugarte)
Zubi is Xavi choice, but he doesn't want to leave, has options outside of Liga
Seems like Neves is the board choice, and if I am going to guess I would say Amrabat is the option 2 for both whom both board and coaching staff could compromise and get. I honestly think he is very underrated here, but there seems to be a big gap between how we value him and Fiorintina's valuation.
But at his age and contract, they have no choice but to sell, so their hope is to create an auction if there is another interested club

Last edited:

Porque

Interesting that Fabricio Diaz is discarded according to the above.

I get it, now that Busi is gone we need someone ready right away.

On the other hand we might just regret it if he fulfills his potential, which is a theme with us and South America in recent years.

Same with the latest Victor Roque news.

soul24rage

If Xavi really wants Guido, then he lost his freakin mind and I say this as someone who likes the Argentinian NT.

khaled_a_d

Same with the latest Victor Roque news.

The news came from Toni Juan Marti, who has been basically reporting mostly negative news of Barca almost exclusively. He was the one who said Kounde wants to leave, before the Frenchman discarded it.
He isn't really that reliable tbh.

If I am going tbh, I think Diaz is expensive for a project of his caliber tbh. People see 8M figure and say he is cheap, but only 5 players has went for such amount or more from same league, and other than Nunez everyone of them flopped. And 4 of those were attacking talent.
Not saying we shouldn't go for him (wish I watched that England game btw, could have given me different perspective) but he isn't that risk free bargain that everyone is talking about.
Vermeen is another project we are looking at that is even younger and proving himself in a tougher league, fits the stylistic description of Barca pivot, but Slevinn is the one who watched that league and he isn't convinced.

Porque

From the limited games that I've seen of Varela, think Redondo has more potential and suits us better.

Redondo is much more graceful, intelligent with good positioning and has great reading of the game.

If you are looking purely at a stylistic match then he is your man. I'm curious though why he is not a starter at Argentina U20. With Mascherano as manager, you know he knows a thing or two about the defensive midfield spot, and he has Perrone and the Tang chap.

soul24rage

If you are looking purely at a stylistic match then he is your man. I'm curious though why he is not a starter at Argentina U20. With Mascherano as manager, you know he knows a thing or two about the defensive midfield spot, and he has Perrone and the Tang chap.
I am perplexed as you are as he prefers Tanlongo as his DM (I have major doubts of Masche's coaching ability based on his Sudamerico's peformance). Tanlongo is decent in defending but his build up is crap.

Hopefully, Redondo's recent hype and performance convince Masche to play him instead of Tanlongo.

Deco

Culé since 2005
I am perplexed as you are as he prefers Tanlongo as his DM (I have major doubts of Masche's coaching ability based on his Sudamerico's peformance). Tanlongo is decent in defending but his build up is crap.

Hopefully, Redondo's recent hype and performance convince Masche to play him instead of Tanlongo.
Redondo jr most likely to end up in R. Madrid, what are the odds that he end up here? more likely to get Fabricio Diaz

soul24rage

Redondo jr most likely to end up in R. Madrid, what are the odds that he end up here? more likely to get Fabricio Diaz
It is true that he is a RM fan, but RM looks covered in that base of midfield with Tchouameni while we are in a need for a profile like Redondo. Plus, he could do a Modric or a Isco where they were Barca fans but moved to RM.

khaled_a_d

It is true that he is a RM fan, but RM looks covered in that base of midfield with Tchouameni while we are in a need for a profile like Redondo. Plus, he could do a Modric or a Isco where they were Barca fans but moved to RM.
More like Alonso (either one)
Marcos Alonso grandfather was RM player, father was Barca player, he himself developed in Real and played with us.
Xabi Alonso's dad was Barca player, and he moved to RM

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Not saying we should sign Redondo, but him being a Real Madrid fan doesn't matter.

Real Madrid have signed Barca fans in the past and we signed Auba who was publicly begging to sign for Real Madrid a few years ago lol.

Porque

If we had genuine interest in Redondo then he would probably come. He is already 20 and the Madrid/Barca train rarely comes twice.

From what I'm reading he only really exploded this year, because you would think Madrid would have gone for him. Wouldn't cost alot too considering his club.

I'm guessing from the brief of what I seen that his physical was always lacking and that's what held him back. Hell, it looks like it still might be a problem for Europe (Gago).

Think Diaz is the better play though if you got 5-8m and can only go for one.

Home of Barca Fans