Busquets replacement

Temptation

I asked chatgpt and bearing in mind it's knowledge cut off is 2021 it came back with:

- Frenkie
- Rodri
- Camavinga
- Ndidi
- Brozovic

Not bad solutions tbf lol
The management will look down upon Ndidi coz he lacks the Barca DNA and is too much of a pure destroyer for their liking.

He's fantastic though. Negative: Injury prone af.

Temptation

He is in the right age, reads the game well, if did watch Barcelona vs Sociedad. The right age to develop and adapt to the squad.
Fair enough. I rate the lad but think he's more Atletico/Arsenal level than Barca level if you know what I mean......

Imo Declan is PERFECT for Barca in every way.

JamDav1982

Yeah I agree with that.

He's a fantastic destroyer but way too injury prone and not "cultured" enough on the ball.

At his very best, he's better than Zubimendi though. Easily.

Would rather have Zumbimendi.

Ndidi feels like another Gueye type. Over rted as folk think they see Kante in him but wont translate all that well to a top club.

fergus90

Ndidi had quite the downfall. Been litter for about two years after being a consistent performer.

I don’t actually think many clubs in the PL will be arsed about taking him if Leicester drop down.

Temptation

Would rather have Zumbimendi.

Ndidi feels like another Gueye type. Over rted as folk think they see Kante in him but wont translate all that well to a top club.

Better than Gueye but I don't think he's a Kante type at all.

Ndidi has long legs and is pretty physical. Kante is just built different. Kante is a fantastic ball carrier and underrated af on the ball. Kante is more of an all action CM than a pure DM. In Chelsea, Jorginho used to sit at 6 and Kante used to be all over the pitch. Kante is unique and has no replicas in the market.

Ndidi is a pure DM, destroyer. Not a CM whatsoever. Breaks up play and shifts it to Tielemans and Maddison asap.

Zubimendi would probably suit Barca/La Liga better than Ndidi because he's more comfy on the ball and his profile is closer to Busquets.

But both at their best, as an individual: Ndidi edges Zubimendi.

Porque

With Zubi the question you have to ask is how much better would he be if you dropped him into Barcelona. The second level of Spain has some top players in there (Royal Society, Villarreal, Betis, Atleti) but get held back on the scope of what they can offer because of the rest of what lacks in their teams.

For a midfielder like Zubi, he is always going to be held back by the attack and defence.

Xavi is hard on for him which makes me feckin worried though. The last guys he was hard for were Ferran, Morata, Raphi, Kounde and Torre. And we saw he didn't have a clue on how to use all of em.

Deco

Culé since 2005
Fair enough. I rate the lad but think he's more Atletico/Arsenal level than Barca level if you know what I mean......

Imo Declan is PERFECT for Barca in every way.
People did say the same with Martin Ødegaard then sudently he scores 16 league goals in PL etc. Or Rodri in City, did see early his potensial, maybe Zubimendi is on the same track.

wisconsincule

Italian Copa final in an hour, Fiorentina vs Inter. Good chance to see Ambrabat, for those (like myself) who haven't seen him since the World Cup.

Also thought the Fiorentina RB sounded familiar. Dodo, we were linked with him when he has at Shakhtar.
How did Armrabat play?

Home of Barca Fans