Camp Nou

FCMessi

renovating when a hobbling Camp Nou could be making many millions more than Estadi especially considering the financial shit hole Barca is in.

the renovation maybe should have waited a few years.

Loki

renovating when a hobbling Camp Nou could be making many millions more than Estadi especially considering the financial shit hole Barca is in.

the renovation maybe should have waited a few years.
Parts of the Camp Nou were at risk of collapsing already. Did you forget they had to remove part of the third stand in gol sur half a year before the renovations began? And the club had already spent 8 million the summer before so they could open the stadium for one last season. It was either spend tens of millions into restoration of an old stadium you plan to rebuild anyways or start the rebuilding. And then there is the risk of costs keep rising due inflation. No one knows how the future will look like and how the construction prices gonna develop.

Andresito

Staff member
Anybody still belives Laporta that we'll play here in 3 months?
That video above was taken 3 weeks ago. 15th or 22nd December is probably the goal, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was delayed. Next home game after 22nd is 26th January. A good amount of time to work undisturbed.

But yes I agree December looks unlikely.

TheStig

I follow construction daily on YT, I know very well how far they are and I'm impressed but I don't see any chance that people will be in the stadium in a few months time and even in January.

Loki

Don't forget, that the stadium won't be finished when Barca is starting to play there again. Only the first 2 stands must be finished and the surrounding areas to a degree where fans can enter the stadium safely.

Home of Barca Fans