Can Barca make it to the QF of the CL?

Can Barca still qualify for the QF of the CL?

• Yes

Votes: 56 69.1%
  • No

Votes: 25 30.9%

• Total voters

aaron101

Messi is our last hope. He has to play the best he can. Otherwise we're out.

not only messi, but all should play at their best especially Valdes. it no use if messi plays at his best but no support at all. remember that Milan's focus is on messi.

poldep

Barcelona president Rosell has said that Vilanova won't be back in Barcelona for the return game against Milan on 12 March @Barcastuff.

Yesterday Milan won the game cuz of their coach. Can we win the return leg, with Roura, with a 3-0 or 4-1 scoreline? :eusa_think:

Barcelona president Rosell has said that Vilanova won't be back in Barcelona for the return game against Milan on 12 March @Barcastuff.

Yesterday Milan won the game cuz of their coach. Can we win the return leg, with Roura, with a 3-0 or 4-1 scoreline? :eusa_think:

:(

Hope Tito is able to do enough with however he's comnunicating with the coaching staff.

Tomchin

My heart says yes, my head ...

Will be watching the game live at Camp Nou, would be epic if we still can manage a come-back.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I remember when we thought Tito would return by mid-January. I hope there aren't any complications in his treatment and I hope Roura doesn't ruin us much more than he has already.

poldep

Our biggest concern is keeping a clean sheet. If we don't concede we do have a chance. Ajax won their game with 2-0 at home in the Europa league and are out of the tournament after a 0-2 scoreline and penalties. It is possible but we have to keep a clean sheet!

aaron101

I hope we score an early goal from a corner or free kick. We really need a lot of luck from set-pieces. I would accept anything at this point whether they are penalties or own goals. A red card would also help.

I hope we score an early goal from a corner or free kick. We really need a lot of luck from set-pieces. I would accept anything at this point whether they are penalties or own goals. A red card would also help.

We might be able to score from a free kick, Messi's scored quite a few this season (he's scored the same number as Ronaldo with less attempts). A corner's unlikely, since Puyol's our only player who can score from corners. Then again, if we can cause a clusterfuck in the box like we did against Atletico... :busquets:

IMO, we should take some long-range shots, at least at first (isn't that how we owned United?). Villa would help, and Messi might be able to score a long shot as well. Maybe we could use Adriano here (with Abidal or maybe Montoya on the other flank to make us good defensively).

Fourteen

Monster Masch
Lol darthvadar, thank goodness you're not the coach.

Of course we can, but whether we do or not will be seen in a few weeks.

We've got to play with confidence and purpose, no major tactical changes have to be made. We're the best attacking side in the world, we just need to show that on the day.

Last edited:
Lol darthvadar, thank goodness you're not the coach.

Of course we can, but whether we do or not will be seen in a few weeks.

We've got to play with confidence and purpose, no major tactical changes have to be made. We're the best attacking side in the world, we just need to show that on the day.

Small tactical changes (like Iniesta at CM and Villa at LW) will probably be needed, but I don't think we should make drastic changes, and I somewhat agree with the bolded point. Wednesday's loss was, IMO, partly due to tactics but also partly because we had a bad game.

To win, IMO we will need to make a few changes, but more than anything, we'll have to play much better than we did in the first leg (we were playing awfully by our standards), like you said. We can't afford to play like we did in the first leg, that's for sure. Let's wait and see :p

Last edited:
L

link2sangeet

sure.... but we need to do a lot in front of all camp nou fansssssssssss

Doobs

The Messiah
I don't think it would be a bad season for us even if we lose out on the CL, as long as we get the double. I just hope we make a better account of ourselves before going out (if we do)

King Leo

Banned
Messi is our last hope. He has to play the best he can. Otherwise we're out.

Once again it comes down to messi to save our ass. Can you imagine winning without Messi? I've been saying this to those wanting to promote kids next year instead of getting real experienced players. La Liga has given us no challenge this season and that's why we weren't ready for Milan.

Home of Barca Fans