Cesc Fàbregas

Meitux

Oooh, fifa, really...
Yes, pace is least important in midfield, that's why physical teams (but also very skilled compared to english teams) like Bayern can torture us. This team needs balance, because defence is under huge pressure on counters, and our midfield isn't really capable of following any more. Most of our midfielders are attacking type, so who do you expect to defend and put pressure (aka 6 secs bla bla) - xavi, iniesta, cesc ? i'm not saying we should play with 2 dmf's. It was perfect when Xavi was younger...
Attacking characteristics are great, but defensive side of mf is what worries me today
Gundogan is a good one i dont know exactly his role at Borussia it propably is box to box but would offer more energy speed and defensive cover than Xavi does right now.Its pretty clear that our midfield cant go on with one player that defends.I would always prefer a physical player like Toure thought

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Oooh, fifa, really...
Yes, pace is least important in midfield, that's why physical teams (but also very skilled compared to english teams) like Bayern can torture us. This team needs balance, because defence is under huge pressure on counters, and our midfield isn't really capable of following any more. Most of our midfielders are attacking type, so who do you expect to defend and put pressure (aka 6 secs bla bla) - xavi, iniesta, cesc ? i'm not saying we should play with 2 dmf's. It was perfect when Xavi was younger...
Attacking characteristics are great, but defensive side of mf is what worries me today

The problems you mention have nothing to do with cesc. Out of our attacking midfielders he's the best at closing down anyway.Also your point doesn't have anything to do with what I was talking about, that cesc is a great player and gives unique things to our midfield nobody else can.

Meitux

The problems you mention have nothing to do with cesc. Out of our attacking midfielders he's the best at closing down anyway.Also your point doesn't have anything to do with what I was talking about, that cesc is a great player and gives unique things to our midfield nobody else can.
You're right lets remember some Cesc magic,from when he supposed to be fast :lol: long time ago...

Shegzy

Gundogan is a good one i dont know exactly his role at Borussia it propably is box to box but would offer more energy speed and defensive cover than Xavi does right now.Its pretty clear that our midfield cant go on with one player that defends.I would always prefer a physical player like Toure thought

a box-box mildfielder is exactly the type of mildfielder we need to add balance to our team and there are plenty options out there.

Boris

Yes they do, he's a midfielder too. If you notice he only closes down when he makes mistake himself. Isn't really disciplined all the time. The rest just look like ''nah, that's not my job...''. I like Cesc, but there needs to be balance- at least when playing against strong sides.

Stric

k39lr6.jpg

that dress :facepalm: ...well, at least Cesc looks good here

Yeah. :facepalm:

But I agree, Cesc has improved since Iniesta's wedding. Dat collar. :facepalm:

Hamzah

High Definition Member
The sarcasm about his pace is ridiculous. He's faster than the other midfielders Xavi and busquets, and it's not even important anyway. Is pirlo fast? Is Xabi alonso fast? No, it's not important.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
The sarcasm about his pace is ridiculous. He's faster than the other midfielders Xavi and busquets, and it's not even important anyway. Is pirlo fast? Is Xabi alonso fast? No, it's not important.
My post was not about sarcasm... I meant that Cesc had really good pace some years when he was playing for Arsenal.

Home of Barca Fans