Cesc Fàbregas

Superfly

Banned
Always believed in him. Make us proud son.

Cesc_Fabregas_2050987i.jpg

Mr Hulot

I get the feeling that Cesc performances are worse every year I see him. I hope that he will change this norm, because next year we need the Cesc that bossed Premier League and not the Cesc we have for the two last years.
Also, I really hope that he can work with a special coach to regain some of his agility or acceleration back, if that is possible, because he seems in an even worse shape than the declining Xavi.

J

jiopi

Well he bossed 1st half of the both seasons in Barca, then ran out of juice. Don't know why though.

Mr Hulot

Well he bossed 1st half of the both seasons in Barca, then ran out of juice. Don't know why though.

Yeah, I was really really positive about this guy's display in the first half of the season, only to be massively disappointed when the really important games came up. He is and he will surely be for some years an excellent squad player against, most of La Liga teams, but two seasons in a row, underperforming in the second half of the season, can be something more than a coincidence.
I have to be honest and say, that I have lost my faith in him, but I really hopes that he will prove me wrong, because I really like his playing style a lot when he is on form.

Elite-BkD

The whole side was blatantly imbalanced and exhausted for the second half of this latest season, kinda harsh to pick on Cesc for the big games when Messi and Iniesta were literally the only two players who didn't look like shit in every huge match.

i_bleed_blaugrana

Yeah, I was really really positive about this guy's display in the first half of the season, only to be massively disappointed when the really important games came up. He is and he will surely be for some years an excellent squad player against, most of La Liga teams, but two seasons in a row, underperforming in the second half of the season, can be something more than a coincidence.
I have to be honest and say, that I have lost my faith in him, but I really hopes that he will prove me wrong, because I really like his playing style a lot when he is on form.

That sums up pretty much our entire season if you think about it. Tito had this team in fantastic form at the first half of the season. Just goes to show why his relapse couldn't have came at a worst time for the club. From what Tito showed during the first half of the season last year, that's why I'm reserving some hope for this season.

I'm telling you, Cesc should play deeper. Let him and Busi drop a little deeper, let Iniesta have a free attacking role so he can press and roam further forward. Cesc's long passing is arguably better than Xavi's and by dropping him deeper, he can release our forwards on counter attacks with much more ease. With Busi next to him, he shouldn't get too overwhelmed defensively.

Him and Neymar can really evolve our game to being more direct and allow us to punish teams more with odd man breaks.

serghei

I guess with Thiago leaving he'll be handling more responsibility but I don't think he's the right type of player to take over for Xavi's deeper role when he retires.

Xavi didn't always play that deep. He scored 10 goals in 2012 season, that's not deep. Busquets is the one who plays deep. In Pep's time, we played with a DLP/M - Busquets and two offensive midfielders: Xavi and Iniesta. It's a myth that Xavi plays very deep. Now, maybe, cause of his age, but prime Xavi was an offensive player capable even of scoring 10 goals per season.

The only difference between Xavi and Iniesta IMO, is that Xavi is a slightly better all around midfielder, whilst Iniesta is a slightly better atacking midfielder, especially when it comes to dribblings.

Home of Barca Fans