Cesc Fàbregas

JamDav1982

Thiago was the ideal for Xavi's place, he saw that even when Xavi wasnt playing good or being injured he wasnt trusted.Fabregas from the other isnt what we really looking for the central midfield spot,always was and will be an attacking midfieler and this position is used by Iniesta mostly that is playing a role between central and attacking midfielder.Whenever Fabregas gets in a regular role in this team he has to be used as AMF

Thiago had not yet proved ideal to take over from Xavi, he took too many risks and that did not seem to be changing.

As good as his potential was he does not seem to excel as the Xavi type player and prefers the freedom given the way he played in Spain u21.

jamrock

he is learning from cesc leave the club then comeback later for big money when your a star, but at least thiago left for good money and not when the club was in its worst state in years.

Ursegor

World Champion
Thiago is not a Xavi successor. Even Pep said he wants him because he can dribble and score goals. 3 of the "5" positions he named which Thiago "can play" were left wing, right wing and false 9. lol

jamrock

Thiago had not yet proved ideal to take over from Xavi, he took too many risks and that did not seem to be changing.

As good as his potential was he does not seem to excel as the Xavi type player and prefers the freedom given the way he played in Spain u21.

he played pretty much exactly like xavi until the final

Meitux

Who looks really similar to a unique player like Xavi,whoever we put in his position will be different..I believe Cesc is patient but he doesnt have central midfield position in his mind,propably waits for the right time to get over from Iniesta in that attacking midfielder role.Its a different situation with Thiago really

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Who looks really similar to a unique player like Xavi,whoever we put in his position will be different..I believe Cesc is patient but he doesnt have central midfield position in his mind,Propably waits for the right time to get over from Iniesta in that attacking midfielder role.Its a different situation with Thiago really

I agree Cesc is better further forward and not a Xavi type player as he loses the ball.

But that doesnt make Thiago Xavis heir.

jamrock

at least pep has the sense to see thiago could play false 9, i always wonder why tito didn't try him there he clearly has the skill set more so than cesc, the kid just has too much talent.

but we know with tito if your a youth you better set on your ass and be happy.

Meitux

I agree Cesc is better further forward and not a Xavi type player as he loses the ball.

But that doesnt make Thiago Xavis heir.
Thiago was the closest thing to be honest,Cesc is not about to work in CM and Sergi Roberto is simply not good enough.We will have to buy someone now and Gundogan seems one of the best choices

Ursegor

World Champion
at least pep has the sense to see thiago could play false 9, i always wonder why tito didn't try him there he clearly has the skill set more so than cesc, the kid just has too much talent.

but we know with tito if your a youth you better set on your ass and be happy.

Tito played him as a false 9 in the CdR at home against that third division team (forgot the name, Alaves?) where Alexis was missing chances left and right.

jamrock

i must have missed that game but it seems he did well, but he didn't use him there again against better teams, he was busy playing him less than 30 minutes in 21 of the 36 games he played

Ursegor

World Champion
Most accurate through balls in last 4 PL seasons: Cesc 64 in 52 games, Silva 46 in 103, Rooney 43 in 121, Lampard 40 in 119 [via @whoscored]

Doesn't even play in the Premier League anymore since 2011.
Still leads the throughball stats.

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Home of Barca Fans