Cesc Fàbregas

Unbiased United

I can't believe how much we are embarasssing us in front of the whole world. At first we were just a bit desperate in pursuing Fabregas, now we are just sad to watch in this transfer window. Our CM situation is a plain mess. We don't need only 1 CM but 2! But our genius Moyes is wasting all our resources on getting Fabregas. Of course everything looks like that deal will happen. Fabregas isn't at his boyhood club, he didn't state that he wants to stay and Barcelona would love to sell him. Why do we even need scouts? With Moyes we can get every target we want, a feat Sir Alex was always jealous of him. I think I'll try this tactic in a club. If the hottest girl says no, don't try at another, maybe not as hot, but beg her a few times and I'm sure I'll get her.

Not as embarrassing as your username! :thiago: ...I joke, I joke. :p

But no, I don't get this whole 'embarrassing' thing doing the rounds. It's surely a futile bid, maybe even stupid... and I can't understand why we persist with it, but embarrassing?..no sorry, can't see how it's embarrassing to make a bid for a top player. Its not like we are offering £10 million for him, we are offering greater than or equal to what Barca paid for him and its not like he's justified a price-hike over the lat couple of years, if anything probably the opposite.

So yeah, a pointless bid... but not in the least embarrassing.

Martindn

But no, I don't get this whole 'embarrassing' thing doing the rounds. It's surely a futile bid, maybe even stupid... and I can't understand why we persist with it

We must be getting some encouragement privately from either side, appears we have been trying since may, we arent run by idiots there is no way we would keep pursuing this for 2 months and still pursue it with 2 weeks left to the season.

But then we weren't in for Thiago, so anything could surprise me at this point.

Darko

Tbh nothing suprises me these days,the management of some clubs is beyond ridiculous,its like some people get a job at a club only because of connections or radnom stuff like nationality or being a previous player etc.

Neymarrr

I would personally reject Man Utd by default do to Moyes. Imagine having to look at that ginger face every day and also having to act to like him / take him seriously. Money is nice and all but that’s too big a sacrifice. Also the weather sucks, but that is me personally Cesc probably likes England and wants to feel special / aka be number 1 / star of the team.

This will end with either Cesc signing an improved contract or him leaving for 40-45 million pounds.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
We must be getting some encouragement privately from either side, appears we have been trying since may, we arent run by idiots there is no way we would keep pursuing this for 2 months and still pursue it with 2 weeks left to the season.

If you'd been pursuing him for 2 months there's no way you would make a 25m offer!!

PaCmAn

Cesc is happy now that Guardiola is no longer there. Without Tito maybe he will shine this season. Who knows. He wasn't exactly a mug in the last campaign.

I think this could be Cesc's breakout season. Xavi won't be able to play as many games. Cesc was level last season and wil go ahead this and feel that he belongs. Alongside Iniesta and Busquets he will be the future of Barça and Spain's midfield, I only hope I am proven correct.

Man U are only doing what Madrid are doing with Bale, trying to keep their fans off their backs and giving them "illusion" belief, hope? They know that they are behind Chelsea and probably Man City so need something to distract their fans.

Meitux

So thats the point?make Fabregas happy or finding someone who is the ideal for the central midfield role.I can't understand why most of the people think of him as a good replacement for that position,from the moment its clear he doesn't perform well or clearly thats not his position and role.If you seen games where he played as central midfielder you will understand it.He is an attacking midfielder and everybody will be satisfied tottaly from him only when he used there.He is a player with vision of making assists not a player who will control the tempo of the team.Unfortunatelly for him Iniesta is in that role and won't lose his position anytime soon.Im sure he has his main position in his mind.Its not a coincidence that everybody wondered of where would he fit.His transfer was unneeded to me and was mainly a transfer of emotion to just bring him back to Barcelona.We had Thiago for this role and now hes gone..

Thats why i believe he says he is patient of staying here,because he knows Iniesta is ahaid of him and waits the day he will be the starter and be used in the attacking midfilder role,but patience doesn't last forever..

Last edited:

Sasuke85

Cesc is an indispensable midfielder to us considering our current situation (Xavi is old and Thiago has left). Moreover, Tito is no longer here so we don't need to be worried about seeing him as a forward.

All in all, I like Cesc and hope he will shine brilliantly this year :)

F

Flavia

I've been reading the redcafe thread on this, and someone said something about cesc's agent using man utd to either get cesc a better contract, or to see if the board/coach will reassure he is needed. Both conspiracy theories, but it's more believable at this point to me, than cesc actually leaving.

Martindn

I've been reading the redcafe thread on this, and someone said something about cesc's agent using man utd to either get cesc a better contract, or to see if the board/coach will reassure he is needed. Both conspiracy theories, but it's more believable at this point to me, than cesc actually leaving.

Hes already guaranteed a starting spot within two years at barca, maybe not for the big games but he will definitely play more and didn't he take like a huge paycut to join anyway? There could be a myriad of reasons why we still carry interest, most of which we will likely never know i do though refuse to believe we would turn full retarded as a club just because of one change on the board.

If i worked on the board at united and was flatly rejected by both cesc and barca, i would leave the table no point carrying on, so why does woodward continue? Has to be some reason, he did use to work for JP Morgan maybe he thinks just offer more money :angry:

oz187

I've been reading the redcafe thread on this, and someone said something about cesc's agent using man utd to either get cesc a better contract, or to see if the board/coach will reassure he is needed.

I always assume that with any transfer rumour there is an element of negotiating for a better contract. The first two seasons of a five year contract it is the club that holds the power. But after that the power transfers more to the player, and of course players do like having pay rises. Even if it doesn't make a difference this season, it lays the groundwork for next summer for this to happen all over again.

Also the clauses regarding Arsenal might begin to expire or reduce each season depending on the contract signed. So I wouldn't be surprised with Utd coming back next season with an offer in the 40M-45M region and everyone taking it more seriously.

F

Flavia

Hes already guaranteed a starting spot within two years at barca, maybe not for the big games but he will definitely play more and didn't he take like a huge paycut to join anyway? There could be a myriad of reasons why we still carry interest, most of which we will likely never know i do though refuse to believe we would turn full retarded as a club just because of one change on the board.

If i worked on the board at united and was flatly rejected by both cesc and barca, i would leave the table no point carrying on, so why does woodward continue? Has to be some reason, he did use to work for JP Morgan maybe he thinks just offer more money :angry:

Maybe they think if they offer more money they might tempt Barça. But if you guys are really after Cesc since May, then his interview at the confeds was already an answer: "People talk a lot but the truth is that no one has spoken with me. I want to triumph in Barcelona, that club is my home and I always dreamed of playing there, so I will try and succeed there as long as I can."

Home of Barca Fans