Cesc Fàbregas

H

Haruko The Goon

We love cesc fabregassss
we love cesc fabregasss

weeee love cesc fabregasss
we loveee cesc fabregasss

CatalinR10

He is a tremendous player. Receives a lot of undeserving criticism.

he's had some bad games and some of the criticism he gets is deserved. So far at Barca he had an outstanding first part of the season only to suck really bad in the second part. This happened in both of his 2 years at Barca so far. He will be decent as a false 9 against some small teams but will suck real bad against tough ones. No one is questioning his ability as a football player because we all know that when he is put in his favorite position he is a beast but when he is played out of position , a lot of times he plays bad.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Cesc probably can't wait for Messi's return more than anyone else. Not only will our lead goalscorer give us an extra edge, Cesc will get to move back to his native position. Cesc+Messi+Neymar as a trio was absolutely wicked in creating attacking chances in quick moves and it is how Cesc was by far our best midfielder at the beginning of the season.

Alarcón

Cesc probably can't wait for Messi's return more than anyone else. Not only will our lead goalscorer give us an extra edge, Cesc will get to move back to his native position. Cesc+Messi+Neymar as a trio was absolutely wicked in creating attacking chances in quick moves and it is how Cesc was by far our best midfielder at the beginning of the season.

I just hope he can play in a more central role, alongside Iniesta

The Observer

He will be either benched or Tata will play him as a false 9 in big games even when Messi returns, like El Clasico. Because Xavi and Iniesta won't see the bench in any meaningful game.

Meitux

That's the point, that Cesc hasn't found yet the very stable place in the team. You won't believe he will most of the games if everything goes well. But apparently he proved that he can bring out awesome performances as attacking midfielder and hopefully Tata sees that. But the point is that obviously if there will be a midfield of Iniesta Cesc there's no clear central midfielder to control the tempo of the game, with Iniesta it went pretty well but i still believe our midfield is weak.

Overal defending as everybody complained and me my self for our problems isn't only done but defenders, if we want to improve our overal defending we need to bring strengh to our midfield. Believe it or not a midifeld of Busquets Iniesta Cesc does look wrong for multiple reasons or even with Xavi. First and foremost, Busquets is the only man in it who has defensive abilities, he can't manage the whole midfield defending by himself and he's slow to catch on counter attack. Neither Xavi Iniesta or Fabregas can provide defensive abilities and they're also slow as well. The ideal as i said for me at least would be a box to box midfielder like Gundogan who is very good both in attacking and defending abilities can dictate the tempo of the game and also he's used to fast play. And then my idea would be only one of Iniesta Fabregas to start as attacking midfielders depending on their performances. I know you will say that Xavi to give us this still but i believe we lose more things than we win sometimes.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
In 433 you only need one guy of the three to focus on defending. Forget gundogan. He's not even close to Xavi for controlling a game in our style.

Alarcón

In 433 you only need one guy of the three to focus on defending.

Lol, no, Xavi and Iniesta barely defending anymore is the reason why we've been allowing our opponents so many chances.

Forget gundogan. He's not even close to Xavi for controlling a game in our style.

You can't know that until he plays in a team that actually requires him to do that. The way I see it, he has everything to be able to control our game, no idea what he lacks to do so in your opinion.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
How about letting Roberto play in a midfield that isn't suicidal like Song-Roberto-Cesc/Iniesta instead try Busi-Roberto-Iniesta/Cesc and see how that works out before everyone goes calling for Gundongan

big_man

Lol, no, Xavi and Iniesta barely defending anymore is the reason why we've been allowing our opponents so many chances.

Allow many chances relative to whom? You wont find more than 3 teams in Europe with a better defensive record (both in terms of chances allowed and goals conceded).
Sometimes you have to credit the other team for creating chances, teams creating chances isn't because "we only play one DM". It's because they are bloody professional teams that can...well..create chances?

These are players at the pinnacle of their profession that gets paid millions per week, of course they'd create a few chances in games.

In a 4-3-3 you only need one DM, certainly in a team like Barca.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
We definitely only need one mid who's game is defensively based (Busquets) but the others should have enough energy and workrate to press in defense. Iniesta and Cesc do a decent amount (they could do more), but Xavi is really lagging behind in that respect due to his advanced age.

big_man

We definitely only need one mid who's game is defensively based (Busquets) but the others should have enough energy and workrate to press in defense. Iniesta and Cesc do a decent amount (they could do more), but Xavi is really lagging behind in that respect due to his advanced age.

Agreed. I'll add that it's not only the midfielders job to defend. Ideally, defending should start from Messi all the way to the last man.

Alarcón

Allow many chances relative to whom? You wont find more than 3 teams in Europe with a better defensive record (both in terms of chances allowed and goals conceded).

We have 70% possession so it's not a surprise we allow fewer chances than other teams. We have also improved in this regard compared to last season, I'll admit as much. But we're still liable to counter attacks, a lot more than a few years ago, which is precisely due to Xavi not doing as much defensive work and the team in general not pressing as much. It's true that we only need one DM, I've never said anything different, in fact our system would hardly work with 2 real DM's. But this doesn't mean that the other 2 midfielders can just sit back and relax when we lose the ball, we already have Messi doing that.

Home of Barca Fans