Cesc Fàbregas

JamDav1982

Yup. Pedro returning to form is a huge blessing for this team if he can sustain it. He is a excellent scorer from the wing position. If Neymar continues scoring, I can see Pedro overtaking Alexis as a starter. Team needs scorers up front.

If it weren't from Pedro today, the team would have been in a huge amount of trouble. He decided the game in 8 minutes. That's the sort of directness this team lacks and is hugely important.

Pedro is not as effective on the right, he is too predictable and easy to stop.

He suits the left as his game is all about movement and finishing, on the right he cant cut it as defenders just sit off him and he doesnt really have the ability to go and take them on and do much.

Alexis is much stronger on the right than Pedro is.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Pedro is not as effective on the right, he is too predictable and easy to stop.

He suits the left as his game is all about movement and finishing, on the right he cant cut it as defenders just sit off him and he doesnt really have the ability to go and take them on and do much.

Alexis is much stronger on the right than Pedro is.

In the 2010-11 season Pedro played on the right in the Villa-Messi-Pedro trident and he was excellent there. Scored 22 goals that season. On good form, Pedro just bring directness to the wing position, and scoring. Two things Alexis just hasn't been able to bring consistently and two things the team desperately needs.

I do agree he plays better on the left.

JamDav1982

In the 2010-11 season Pedro played on the right in the Villa-Messi-Pedro trident and he was excellent there. Scored 22 goals that season. On good form, Pedro just bring directness to the wing position, and scoring. Two things Alexis just hasn't been able to bring consistently and two things the team desperately needs.

I do agree he plays better on the left.

He did play well that season but since then players seemed to have worked him out and know his limitations a bit more.

Only my personal opinion but it seems to me that defenders just back off him and give him space on the ball on the right hand side.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
He did play well that season but since then players seemed to have worked him out and know his limitations a bit more.

Only my personal opinion but it seems to me that defenders just back off him and give him space on the ball on the right hand side.

Well that's not really his thing, he is not a dribbler. He works best as the 3rd option in attack making diagonal runs into space with his excellent movement and speed. He's just not going to be beating people off the dribble often, but if teams give more attention to the other side of the field covering your #1 and #2 attacking options, Pedro can carve you up with his runs and his good finishing.

F

Flavia

I can be wrong, no doubt. But I just don't see him succeeding there for Barca on a consistent basis. He's just not going to have space at all, and his first touch and balance is less than ideal for that role, to put it mildly.

What about Pedro? Great 1st touch and he's back to being lethal in front of goal.

JamDav1982

Well that's not really his thing, he is not a dribbler. He works best as the 3rd option in attack making diagonal runs into space with his excellent movement and speed. He's just not going to be beating people off the dribble often, but if teams give more attention to the other side of the field covering your #1 and #2 attacking options, Pedro can carve you up with his runs and his good finishing.

I agree and started off by saying his strengths are movement and finishing. Just for me on the right he is far below the standard of wide player needed against the top clubs.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
What about Pedro? Great 1st touch and he's back to being lethal in front of goal.

Pedro has the qualities, but I just feel it would be a waste of his talents to play him centrally. Of all our wingers, he has the best movement and is the best finisher playing from a wide position. IMO the team loses more than it gains moving Pedro centrally.

Also, I don't think he'd be effective in the midfield part of the role, so he'd have to play exclusively as a CF.

Trickykid

16 games, 7 goals and 8 assists so far in La Liga.
Last year he managed 11 goals and 11 assists in 32 games, so he should easily surpass that.

Whether he's the perfect player for us is probably debatable, but his importance as a squad member is beyond doubt.
:worthy:

KhaledBarca

Cesc has scored 27 goals and given 28 assists in 75 Liga games (67 starts) for Barcelona #fcblive 60W 11D 4L [via @barcastat]

Impressive stats! 9 goals and 11 assists already this season in all comps.

Home of Barca Fans