Cesc Fàbregas

Stric

I agree. For the first time in a long while (or ever?!), Cesc and Iniesta looked really good together early in the season. And it was especially exciting because most of us had been very skeptical about whether that combination would ever work well. It's a shame that injuries and other things got in the way of seeing that partnership develop further. Iniesta-Busquets-Fabregas is the future.

spark

Yes, i was not thinking in fat :) But i guess he is slower. I´ve seen some videos at Arsenal and he had quite the pace in that midfield.

I'd say his peak speed was around 2009 but after that those injuries in the last two years of his arsenal career stripped him of it.

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
I really dislike the prospect of watching matches with Cesc as striker. I love the guy, but it really makes me not want to turn on the tv when Barcelona is playing. It may be just me, and I am quite the pessimist tbh, but every time I see the lineup confirmed and it is Cesc playing up front I am like 'shit, there's 90 minutes of my life out of the window...'! Am I the only one?

Trickykid

I really dislike the prospect of watching matches with Cesc as striker. I love the guy, but it really makes me not want to turn on the tv when Barcelona is playing. It may be just me, and I am quite the pessimist tbh, but every time I see the lineup confirmed and it is Cesc playing up front I am like 'shit, there's 90 minutes of my life out of the window...'! Am I the only one?

I'm not with you here, Catorce, far from it.
While I agree that he's not ideal for that position, I still enjoy watching our games a much as ever. Right now I'm giddy with anticipation for todays match, despite knowing there's a high probability of seeing Cesc as false 9.

Hell, now that I think of it, I can't even fathom a scenario where I wouldn't look forward to seeing us play at all. It would take some shit of Mou-like proportions, and even then, I doubt I wouldn't look forward to our matches.

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
I'm not with you here, Catorce, far from it.
While I agree that he's not ideal for that position, I still enjoy watching our games a much as ever. Right now I'm giddy with anticipation for todays match, despite knowing there's a high probability of seeing Cesc as false 9.

Hell, now that I think of it, I can't even fathom a scenario where I wouldn't look forward to seeing us play at all. It would take some shit of Mou-like proportions, and even then, I doubt I wouldn't look forward to our matches.

That's allright! I would rather see us deploy a 3-4-3 with Cesc at the attacking midfielder position than him being the striker in a 4-3-3 system. I think that Neymar, Alexis and even Pedro would be better options at 9 if we are destined to keep on pushing 4-3-3, but in that case I'd opt for a bit more counter than rotating the ball around the opponent's box.

I still love our club and players, but certain things really bug me and stand in the way of me enjoying the football like I used to. Rosell, Zubizaretta, the media :mou:, Cesc at #9, Thiago and Valdes leaving. Just overal bad policy at the club and some intangible things. I however do like Tata and think he should stay at least for a second year to see what he got. Can't wait for 2016...

Trickykid

Thought you would say so.

Seriously though, do you honestly believe that the majority of our supporters dislikes to watch matches just because Cesc is playing false 9 to a point where they think that they are wasting 90 minutes of the lifes? If this club's supporter base was made up by people like you guys, we wouldn't be where we are today.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again; the sense of entitlement amongst some of you guys is nothing short of disgusting.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Seriously though, do you honestly believe that the majority of our supporters dislikes to watch matches just because Cesc is playing false 9 to a point where they think that they are wasting 90 minutes of the lifes? If this club's supporter base was made up by people like you guys, we wouldn't be where we are today.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again; the sense of entitlement amongst some of you guys is nothing short of disgusting.
I never said that they dislike watching our games, but I'm sure that majority of them don't like it and would rather see him playing as a midfielder.

Trickykid

That's allright! I would rather see us deploy a 3-4-3 with Cesc at the attacking midfielder position than him being the striker in a 4-3-3 system. I think that Neymar, Alexis and even Pedro would be better options at 9 if we are destined to keep on pushing 4-3-3, but in that case I'd opt for a bit more counter than rotating the ball around the opponent's box.

I still love our club and players, but certain things really bug me and stand in the way of me enjoying the football like I used to. Rosell, Zubizaretta, the media :mou:, Cesc at #9, Thiago and Valdes leaving. Just overal bad policy at the club and some intangible things. I however do like Tata and think he should stay at least for a second year to see what he got. Can't wait for 2016...

I agree with most your points, but to me they just aren't severe enough for me to not enjoy watching matches. This club has been through so much shit during the past 20-25 years I've followed it, and honestly this current ordeal is all nitpicking and a mere trifle in the big picture, as I see it.

Home of Barca Fans