Cesc Fàbregas

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
I agree with most your points, but to me they just aren't severe enough for me to not enjoy watching matches. This club has been through so much shit during the past 20-25 years I've followed it, and honestly this current ordeal is all nitpicking and a mere trifle in the big picture, as I see it.

Of course, we've had tougher times. I've been following the club since Van Gaal was head coach and Madrid was winning 3 CL titles in a handful of years, those times were way worse than this. But still, do you enjoy it to a degree enough to not think about how fun it has been since 2004(+-) to watch us play? As I said, I am quite the pessimist (besides football), so I get annoyed quite easily and can be caught nitpicking here and there. All in all though, I sense too little sense of urgency at the club, like 'the law of the handicap of a head start', where we really have to sink to certain levels until things change. I don't want us to change the philosophy at the club whatsoever, but what I've seen in the last couple of years hasn't been that amazing if it weren't for Messi saving our asses so many times. For me, it's hit a point where it feels we have been under a veil of dogma instead of ideologically looking forward to improve things.

Trickykid

Of course, we've had tougher times. I've been following the club since Van Gaal was head coach and Madrid was winning 3 CL titles in a handful of years, those times were way worse than this. But still, do you enjoy it to a degree enough to not think about how fun it has been since 2004(+-) to watch us play? As I said, I am quite the pessimist (besides football), so I get annoyed quite easily and can be caught nitpicking here and there. All in all though, I sense too little sense of urgency at the club, like 'the law of the handicap of a head start', where we really have to sink to certain levels until things change. I don't want us to change the philosophy at the club whatsoever, but what I've seen in the last couple of years hasn't been that amazing if it weren't for Messi saving our asses so many times. For me, it's hit a point where it feels we have been under a veil of dogma instead of ideologically looking forward to improve things.

I think good memories should be exactly that; memories. If you can't enjoy the present because of what has been, you're most likely never going to fully enjoy following this club ever again.
I still have extremely fond memories of the original dreamteam as well as the Pep era, as both periods have helped define this club. We can't expect the club to carry on forever like that, though, i.e. being trendsetters and first movers while piling on the trophies. Sure, we need to strive for it, that's certain, but it's just not possible at all times - especially not with people like Rosell at the helm.

Now, with that said, a mere triviality such as our coach prefering one player in a certain spot, and us not agreeing with the choice, could never sway my joy and belief in the club.

In terms of trophies and performances we're still in the a-league, in terms of management away from the pitch, not so much. We, as supporters should always let our voice be heard, as you're doing, but stop watching our games because of disagreement? No, never.

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
I think good memories should be exactly that; memories. If you can't enjoy the present because of what has been, you're most likely never going to fully enjoy following this club ever again.
I still have extremely fond memories of the original dreamteam as well as the Pep era, as both periods have helped define this club. We can't expect the club to carry on forever like that, though, i.e. being trendsetters and first movers while piling on the trophies. Sure, we need to strive for it, that's certain, but it's just not possible at all times - especially not with people like Rosell at the helm.

Now, with that said, a mere triviality such as our coach prefering one player in a certain spot, and us not agreeing with the choice, could never sway my joy and belief in the club.

In terms of trophies and performances we're still in the a-league, in terms of management away from the pitch, not so much. We, as supporters should always let our voice be heard, as you're doing, but stop watching our games because of disagreement? No, never.

Just to make it clear: whenever I am able to watch the match, I always put on one of my Barcelona kits and watch the entire match. It's not that I don't watch the matches, but in the couple of hours leading up to the match I get grumpy when I fear Cesc is playing at striker again. Just can't help it. I loved the way Tata put Messi at RW in the Clasico because he was still kinda injured, it showed he had the nerves and the insight to change things tactically. But on the other end, he seems very stubborn - and who am I to judge, he may be right in the end - and keeps on putting Mascherano in CB and Cesc at 9.

Cule4life

The Culest
Just shows he is great in MIDFIELD with his awesome defence splitting passes. Cesc-Iniesta midfield should be tried more often

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
4 key passes and an assist. He played as a midfielder today pretty much. We had Pedro/Alexis as two wide forwards, Cesc as a drifting midfielder, Song in between the CB's, and Alba/Montoya pushed up.

MOTM for me, his throughballs came off perfectly.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
He had a good game. Despite starting in the false 9 position formation-wise, he spent most of the time in midfield. Good decision by Tata.

F

Flavia

1510854_602347539837716_781918418_n.jpg

Home of Barca Fans