Cesc Fàbregas

Galning

Good to see that the mindless hating on Fàbregas has declined and that people have turned to Piqué again.. and now even to Messi :)tata1:) He still was amazingly poor today though but who wasn't.

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
He has started this season very well (he has done so every year, turning shit in the second half of the season...), but again shows he just isn't the kind of player that likes to play when pressed and having to work in tight spaces on the field. Since that seems to be the case, what is his future at Barcelona? What position, what role? Either we have to change the style of play, or he has no long-term future here. Just wondering whether, after all that time chasing him, the board will have the guts to sell him again.

F

Flavia

He has started this season very well (he has done so every year, turning shit in the second half of the season...), but again shows he just isn't the kind of player that likes to play when pressed and having to work in tight spaces on the field. Since that seems to be the case, what is his future at Barcelona? What position, what role? Either we have to change the style of play, or he has no long-term future here. Just wondering whether, after all that time chasing him, the board will have the guts to sell him again.

Yeah. I like Cesc. But seeing how things are turning out, I wish Thiago was the one that stayed.

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
Yeah. I like Cesc. But seeing how things are turning out, I wish Thiago was the one that stayed.

I still can't bear to watch Bayern with him playing. Especially now he shows his qualities quite regularly there...

I like Cesc too, but I really think that in a year or so we will see there comes a point where we either have to commit to him or just say that it isn't working and it's better for both parties to move on.

Alarcón

I also prefer Thiago by a large margin, but criticising Cesc after a game where he was one of the best players is quite hilarious

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Yeah, he can give a nice pass when nobody is around him in a space of 10 metres...

Only the likes of Messi can play those great passes with several guys on him. Iniesta isn't very attack minded and Xavi doesn't even play direct passes anymore. If Cesc can only pass well when he's in space, Xavi can only pass to those who are in space.

In all honesty Cesc has improved his fundamental play in tight areas this year, he seems a lot more swift with his footwork and turns and much less sluggish than before. Sure he's gonna have a few moments here or there where he isn't perfect technically, but out of all of our midfielders he's the only one doing his job correctly at the moment and excelling overall.

Vapor

Only the likes of Messi can play those great passes with several guys on him. Iniesta isn't very attack minded and Xavi doesn't even play direct passes anymore. If Cesc can only pass well when he's in space, Xavi can only pass to those who are in space.

In all honesty Cesc has improved his fundamental play in tight areas this year, he seems a lot more swift with his footwork and turns and much less sluggish than before. Sure he's gonna have a few moments here or there where he isn't perfect technically, but out of all of our midfielders he's the only one doing his job correctly at the moment and excelling overall.
Exactly. I thought Iniesta did do well when he came on but really Cesc is the only creating anything with his passing these days. It's like Xavi has completely given up responsibility for any type of direct play or through ball passing. Cesc has had to shoulder that responsibility all by himself and did very well today... made some beautiful passes.

F

Flavia

Cesc is great in attack, I don't think anyone can dispute that. But he's slow with transitioning.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
The only real quality pass was the one that led to the 2nd goal, when Barcelona were up a man and no one was pressuring Fabregas...I thought we looked far more dangerous in the midfield when Iniesta came on since he's the only player who will dribble into the box apart from Messi

Home of Barca Fans