Cesc Fàbregas

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Actually, I think he was amongst the best players out there, who can really blame him for taking advantage of Sociedad being one man down? Isn't that what he is supposed to do? Make the best of the opposition weaknesses? I'm glad last match was just a hiccups...

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
Play just doesn't flow well with him playing, too slow. Still has a good pass like we all already know. You can just every time notice it immediately when Cesc plays without Iniesta on the field, who really makes everything work way better.

Neymessi

Does anyone have more assists than fabregas this season?? He easily has the top 3 assists if not the top spot and that too when so many times he was played false 9 where he did virtually nothing except 2 goals.

CatalinR10

Does anyone have more assists than fabregas this season?? He easily has the top 3 assists if not the top spot and that too when so many times he was played false 9 where he did virtually nothing except 2 goals.

Cesc Fabregas has given more assists (10) than any other player in Europe's top 5 leagues this season #fcblvie [via @whoscored]

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Showed once again how decisive he is for us. Stats ain'y everything but it's still the closest thing we have to rate someone. And looking at it, he's been great.
Way things stand with our other midfielders, I'd start him in every important match of the season and I don't care if Tata benches Iniesta for him. God knows he's been terrible and dragging his ass since the start of the season.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Showed once again how decisive he is for us. Stats ain'y everything but it's still the closest thing we have to rate someone. And looking at it, he's been great.
Way things stand with our other midfielders, I'd start him in every important match of the season and I don't care if Tata benches Iniesta for him. God knows he's been terrible and dragging his ass since the start of the season.

Last night showed that Iniesta still has an intelligence and movement about his play that makes our players more "involved". IMO that's better than Xavi who completed around 130 passes or so yet really didn't provide anything. He wasn't even controlling the game for us, nor playing the best options, and often strayed forward for some reason without attacking. Iniesta is pretty much a CM nowadays, he does more defensive work than Xavi and drives our play more even if he doesn't have the same glorified and padded passing stats.

IMO that's why Cesc-Iniesta is our best central midfield. Both players provide their own skills, complement each other well and make up for any deficiencies the other has, and are productive/creative. Cesc gives us much needed penetration and fluidity in creating chances to finish and he can linkup well. Iniesta provides his trademark weaving movement around and really facilitates the play to keep things running.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Iniesta came on vs. 10 man Sociedad and what he did exactly that was so great?
His entire season has basically been shit. On top of that he barely does defensive work.
You can tag along for a while but when you have Messi strolling around, Xavi at 34 and Busi being lazy, it just won't do.
Our main players lost passion, it's so obvious even a baby can see it.

jamrock

Last night showed that Iniesta still has an intelligence and movement about his play that makes our players more "involved". IMO that's better than Xavi who completed around 130 passes or so yet really didn't provide anything. He wasn't even controlling the game for us, nor playing the best options, and often strayed forward for some reason without attacking. Iniesta is pretty much a CM nowadays, he does more defensive work than Xavi and drives our play more even if he doesn't have the same glorified and padded passing stats.

IMO that's why Cesc-Iniesta is our best central midfield. Both players provide their own skills, complement each other well and make up for any deficiencies the other has, and are productive/creative. Cesc gives us much needed penetration and fluidity in creating chances to finish and he can linkup well. Iniesta provides his trademark weaving movement around and really facilitates the play to keep things running.

don't say these things, because i am sure you werent saying this when he was bossing it, not its glorified

jamrock

His entire season has basically been shit. On top of that he barely does defensive work.
You can tag along for a while but when you have Messi strolling around, Xavi at 34 and Busi being lazy, it just won't do.
we should sell every player, every time they have a "shit" half a season.
because when should have sold everybody in the team including cesc if we use that logic.

our best midfield is probably

-----mascherano

---busquets----iniesta.

will never see it though

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo

He didn't do anything notable but he helped us look more lively and a lot better in the final minutes. He had a poor season but I don't think he's been bad recently. Our players have lost passion but I think Iniesta is at the moment more motivated than Xavi and Busquets.

don't say these things, because i am sure you werent saying this when he was bossing it, not its glorified

I would never say that when he was actually bossing it. Back then he was the cerebral engineer of our entire game, he helped us have total control and the ability to shape the match into our favor. Now it's completely changed. Instead of control, we just have possession (which is very different). Xavi himself doesn't seem to be dictating things anymore as we don't have a real midfield "engine". He's just the player who finds the most passes these days and doesn't "construct" our play like he used to. Goes to show how much a player can decline when he loses energy and hunger, instead being a conservative shell of his old self. He does show his true ability from time to time, but the games he plays like vs Sociedad are becoming more and more frequent.

e28makaveli

x2.

Home of Barca Fans