Cesc Fàbregas

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
He doesn't have a 30m buyout clause but Arsenal might have a buy back option on him

They have a first choice refusal, not buy back clause.

It's confusing but I Arsenal has a first choice refusal at £30m and would get 50% of the additional money above those £30m, if Barca sold Cesc to some other club for more money after Arsenal had triggered that first choice refusal.

Antimadridista1

Being ineffectual in the second half of every season he played here + absent in decisive games = Out
Mata left Chelsea for more than 40m euro, we need to sell him at the same price if not higher.

Trickykid

If we are going to sell him, we'd better have a suitable replacement lined up beforehand. In that case, I won't be too fussed about losing him.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Yeah if Barca sell Cesc for more than £30m, which logically would be to another team beside Arsenal, then they get 50% of the money above those £30m.

If we are going to sell him, we'd better have a suitable replacement lined up beforehand. In that case, I won't be too fussed about losing him.

I think this could very well be the way they are going. All rumors point strongly to the team being very much looking for a good CM.

Last edited:

Trickykid

I think this could very well be the way they are going. All rumors point strongly to the team being very much looking for a good CM.

Amongst all the transfer rumors, there haven't been any truly tangible midfield ones, though, as far as I recall?

Trickykid

True but it's a world cup year, that makes things a little tricky with regard to approaching players etc.

True that. Hopefully Zubi and co. are doing some covert, behind the scenes ninja dealings, that noone knows of. Perhaps they'll pull an Adriano one of these days?

Home of Barca Fans