Cesc Fàbregas

Lomar1o

SELL FABREGAS?

Oh My lordy Lord. I'd only understand it, if you were to move for a player like Kroos. Other than that, you keep Cesc Fabregas will all your power. Little bit of a scapegoat for this years blunders?? I think it's quite possible.

Everyone demands change when things don't go smoothly, understandable. It happens whenever a club fails, whether it's in Spain, or in Germany or even England. But sooooo much underrating of Cesc.

If you do sell him, I guarantee you'll regret it.

yes, sell him. but of course we should get someone big to replace him. it's not like people are asking to let him go for free and without a replacement. i am all for selling fabregas for around 40 mil and getting a world class cm like gundogan or kroos. i'll be blunt, fabregas ain't shit and was never useful to barca

L

linetty

yes, sell him. but of course we should get someone big to replace him. it's not like people are asking to let him go for free and without a replacement. i am all for selling fabregas for around 40 mil and getting a world class cm like gundogan or kroos. i'll be blunt, fabregas ain't shit and was never useful to barca
Yup, this board getting Kroos or Koke, in what world?

slvtn

Kroos will most likely stay in Munich for at least one more season and Guendogan is injured for god knows how long. Last time I checked for updates, even the medicals couldn't clarify when he's ready again. (Plus when he's back on his old level...)

Superstar85

If we sell him , we won't buy him back. 3 seasons was more than enough to see that Cesc doesn't fit here. We'll only regret selling him if we don't get Kross or Gundogan or someone else who fits the Xavi role , Cesc doesn't .

The real problem is the endless need to find an immition of Xavi or someone that will try to play like Xavi. It's time to move on from that IMO

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
There is no one like Xavi, like Messi he is unique. The quicker people realise this the quicker this fruitless search for his non-existent successor will end.

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9331579/transfer-news-barcelona-expect-cesc-fabregas-and-javier-mascherano-to-stay

Barcelona have no intention of allowing Cesc Fabregas, Javier Mascherano or Xavi to leave the club this summer.

It has been suggested that Spain international Fabregas is once again figuring prominently on the transfer wish list of Manchester United.

The Premier League outfit pursued the former Arsenal midfielder for long periods in 2013, only to see him remain at the Nou Camp.

Fabregas has offered no indication that he is looking to secure a return to English football any time soon, and Barca maintain that he remains an important figure in their plans.

President Josep Maria Bartomeu told Onda Cero: "We don't want to sell players.

"Barca do not want to sell Fabregas or any other players that may appear to be on the market."

Among those also generating plenty of speculation ahead of the re-opening of the transfer window are versatile Argentine Mascherano and long-serving playmaker Xavi.

Neither, though, are going anywhere according to Bartomeu.

He added: "Mascherano is a key player on the field, he stays at Barca.

"Xavi's contract ends in 2016 and he has two more years with the club. Coaches rely on experience for the future, and he has been at the club for 16 years."

Barcelona have also been linked with a number of possible incomings, with a transfer embargo postponed on appeal.

Atletico Madrid midfielder Koke is said to be interesting several clubs, but Bartomeu does not expect the talented 22-year-old to become available.

He said: "Koke is a spectacular player that all teams would like, but Atletico had a magnificent season and they will want to have another."

Bartomeu added that Atletico forward Arda Turn is 'not to be observed', but hinted that a move for Paris Saint-Germain defender Marquinhos could be a possibility.

"The club is looking for a successor to Carles Puyol," he said. "There was a Barca before Puyol and there will be one after. Marquinhos is a good player but we are in talks with various teams."

Home of Barca Fans